Why is HL weaker than ktl???

Status
Not open for further replies.

NelsonSwagdela

All Star
Daps
Lurked KTL for like 6 years and I can honestly say I haven't really noticed any difference between it and HL. Maybe a little more atheism but I just attributed that to the way society is moving.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
what sucks is we can't ever get into a conversation about anything 'deep' because so many here disagree with the most basic principles

it's like I might as well not bother talking about something like evolutionary psychology, when I know the conversation's just gonna get derailed by some "we didn't come from monkeys" shyt

HOLLYWOOD WAS THINKING THERE SHOULD BE A STICKIED "THAT'S NOT WHAT THE WORD THEORY MEANS" THREAD, BROTHER! THOSE MISINFORMED OBJECTIONS DO COME UP REPEATEDLY, DUDE! I WOULD MAKE THAT THREAD MYSELF IF I WASN'T BUSY GIVING BIG BOOTS AND DROPPING LEGS, MEAN GENE!

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I dont know what ktl is, but I'd say there's too much liberal dikkriding here. You guys have a tendency to gang up on people and call them stupid if they disagree with you.

Honestly I don't see to much learning in the "Higher Learning" sub-forum. Just a bunch of people calling each other stupid about the same topics.
Liberal dikkriding. Nah bro, I'm pretty sure most people here are open minded individuals who thoroughly weigh their options, before making an incoherent decision.

Any rational being with half a brain, could clearly see how the "right" is being manipulated by big money machines, more so than the left. At "least" the left, acknowledge inequality that is wide-spread throughout numerous social demographics.
what sucks is we can't ever get into a conversation about anything 'deep' because so many here disagree with the most basic principles

it's like I might as well not bother talking about something like evolutionary psychology, when I know the conversation's just gonna get derailed by some "we didn't come from monkeys" shyt

*sigh* all those threads that could have been :dwillhuh:
trolls and idiots are allowed to run amok...

lot of conspiracy threads and their ilk.

It's not very different from ktl

More people need to post interesting topics it can't always be the crew from ktl putting in work.
Bro sometimes it's not even worth trying, the only thing people care about is sex, drugs and scandals.

But post something about school, inequality, science etc.. the thread goes nowhere.

I'm starting to visit HL more and more, previously I didn't even visit this sub-forum

:salute:
welcome bro :salute:

I remember it took a month of lurking to catch on to the general rhetoric. Because posters in this forum tend to conduct themselves a bit more formally than other sections of the this site. Not mention there's a lot of subtle humor, which goes under the radar(ie queenpinBG, Gundumb, the taxman etc.) that a newcomer might not catch on too.

• Dap
Reactions: OTC

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The website has only been up for 6 months...more will come. It just takes time, this is probably the toughest section of the forum to build.

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
I prefer the KTL setting, many different characters with different opinions all engaging in meaningful discussion. This place is like a huge utopia of likeminded athiest sodomites, complete robots pushing one agenda and as soon as they spot a post that differs in thinking, they go beast mode in attacking and ridiculing the message bearer. Smh

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I prefer the KTL setting, many different characters with different opinions all engaging in meaningful discussion. This place is like a huge utopia of likeminded athiest sodomites, complete robots pushing one agenda and as soon as they spot a post that differs in thinking, they go beast mode in attacking and ridiculing the message bearer. Smh

:haha:

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
And the amount of smilies should be limited in this section, this is not the lockers room where more smilies are posted than words. Please limit it to one for each post for that special occasion.

BasketCase

Superstar
Daps
And the amount of smilies should be limited in this section, this is not the lockers room where more smilies are posted than words. Please limit it to one for each post for that special occasion.

:ufdup:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Liberal dikkriding. Nah bro, I'm pretty sure most people here are open minded individuals who thoroughly weigh their options, before making an incoherent decision.

Any rational being with half a brain, could clearly see how the "right" is being manipulated by big money machines, more so than the left. At "least" the left, acknowledge inequality that is wide-spread throughout numerous social demographics.

Naw, your missing the point. I consider myself liberal, I damn sure don't agree with much the republicans say. Yet I still find that there is no room for other opinions on this board. If the liberal stance is for something and someone disagrees with it, you get a bunch of people running in calling that poster stupid.

Just my two cents on why this board hasn't taken off as others have. I've seen people come in and give their opinion only to be ridiculed as stupid, then they leave and never come back. Maybe you guys should be more open to conversation, instead of acting all intellectually superior to anyone who disagrees with you.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Naw, your missing the point. I consider myself liberal, I damn sure don't agree with much the republicans say. Yet I still find that there is no room for other opinions on this board. If the liberal stance is for something and someone disagrees with it, you get a bunch of people running in calling that poster stupid.

Just my two cents on why this board hasn't taken off as others have. I've seen people come in and give their opinion only to be ridiculed as stupid, then they leave and never come back. Maybe you guys should be more open to conversation, instead of acting all intellectually superior to anyone who disagrees with you.

I don't know what yall are talking about with this why HL hasn't "taken off" shyt. The reason this board hasn't taken off is the same reason that KTL never took off in over a decade of existence. It's the same reason why Bravo, VH1, and MTV get way better ratings than the Science channel, Current TV, and Discovery. People prefer talking about sports, music, celebrity gossip, relationships, entertainment, etc. more than they do talking about politics, science, religion, philosophy, etc.

Do you honestly expect HL to do Booth, Coliseum, or TLR numbers? Ever? It's not gonna happen. That's not how real life is, so it's not going to be like that on a message board. This is a country where more people vote on American Idol than in the presidential election.

The notion that people don't post here because of the attitude of some posters is rubbish because people are ruder and way more vicious in other forms here like TLR and JBO. People don't post here because few have an active interest in, and/or are not capable and fluent with the general subject matter here.

Status
Not open for further replies.