Why is HL weaker than ktl???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
People be on some "wah wah stop picking me on me because I can't argue my points as well as you" shyt. shyt, Slystallion and Kingpin been posting for years and you don't hear them bytching about being bullied by the "HL/KTL elite."

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
People be on some "wah wah stop picking me on me because I can't argue my points as well as you" shyt. shyt, Slystallion and Kingpin been posting for years and you don't hear them bytching about being bullied by the "HL/KTL elite."

But now you see why I was saying what I was saying a few weeks ago. Cats don't like that avalanche. I was trying to stick up for them. To be fair to Meech, he's right, cats in here can be condescending. I mean I didn't start saying what I was saying without seeing it/having people mention it to me.

I was just trying to make everyone comfortable. :obamaword:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Not bytching, i gave my opinion on the op and then explained my position.

The fact that you think there are posters considered the "hl/ktl elite" proves my point. Anybody outside this presumed "elite" group of posters, that brings new ideas is immediately discounted and framed as intellectually inferior.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Read the post I quoted from serious, wasn't that at least a little condescending.

And that's just one post, multiiple people came in with the same attitude.

but I'm sayin though, you just focus on a few "a little condescending" remarks, and just paint the whole conversation as "insults" or whatever. it's like you're quick to play the victim and act like everyone ganged up on you. maybe it's because you presented a minority opinion

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps

But now you see why I was saying what I was saying a few weeks ago. Cats don't like that avalanche. I was trying to stick up for them. To be fair to Meech, he's right, cats in here can be condescending. I mean I didn't start saying what I was saying without seeing it/having people mention it to me.

I was just trying to make everyone comfortable. :obamaword:

Not bytching, i gave my opinion on the op and then explained my position.

The fact that you think there are posters considered the "hl/ktl elite" proves my point. Anybody outside this presumed "elite" group of posters, that brings new ideas is immediately discounted and framed as intellectually inferior.

I didn't read the thread you're talking about, so I'm not gonna speak on it specifically.

But it depends on what is being said. If someone is framed as intellectually inferior just for having a different opinion on some abstract moral value or political opinion that should not be the case.

But for example, if someone doesn't "believe" in evolution, they're factually wrong and deserved to be called such. They don't have to be framed as intellectually inferior because they simply are on that particular topic.

And let's not act like it's just rude, mocking "elites" going at civil, respectable differing opinions. And a lot of these dudes are just as rude. They just have a weaker case. A lot of these conversations start with people being like "lol@monkeys turning into people why are there still monkey you idiots" or talking about "fakkit lover atheist sodomites."

Differing opinions deserve to be respected. shytty logic and arguments not grounded in facts, should not be...sorry. As far as being rude or uncivil, again, that's the tone of the whole site, and HL is generally less rude and uncivil than probably every other subforum on the site.

HL is a debating forum, and a lot of people just get their feelings hurt or are made to feel stupid because they tried to debate and couldn't make their case well. Several times, I've seen someone come here and try to argue that the world was created 6,000 years ago because the Bible said so, or there's no difference between Presidents and lose that argument, then go to some other subforum and complain about how HL is full of elitist a$$holes who think they know everything. :laugh:

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
podcast and superior smilies aside...

ktl was like high school. HL is more like college - a little more evolved, a little more well rounded, and slightly wiser than ktl.

still too many of the same people participating in the same discussions tho, more new blood is needed. but that doesnt happen because we still have too many posters in HL who badger and e-attack other posters. we still have e-cliques that gang up on posters and/or certain perspectives, and overall we lack any sense of HL community.

you have the pseudo-skeptics who are skeptical of everything except the mainstream opinion. people who believe anybody in a suit or a lab coat.

and you have the complete opposite with the posters who dont subscribe to anything in the mainstream, and DISbelieve anything told to them by suit or lab coat.

then you have the pseudo-intellectuals who love passing off opinion for fact.

add to all this a bunch of superiority complexes, with a bunch of inferiority complexes, and a majority of people who have not learned how to disagree without being disagreeable... and you have the entity that is HL.

and im not gonna front, at one point or another ive spent time in all these camps. but all the e-bickering and immaturity is pointless in this epoch of my posting career.

every post is intended to either build or destroy... and in HL there is way too much destroying, thus, our limited growth.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
:usure:

This is what you said in the thread. Without trying to read and really understand what I was saying. You framed me as misinformed and sicked the goons on me.

Bro I vaguely remember that thread, I don't deny the allegations of people with opposing opinions replying to you, I wasn't really paying attention to the thread at that point & time.( I even said so in the post you just quoted)

Side note i don't remember any "evidence" being posted. I'll skim through the thread again.........

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I didn't read the thread you're talking about, so I'm not gonna speak on it specifically.

But it depends on what is being said. If someone is framed as intellectually inferior just for having a different opinion on some abstract moral value or political opinion that should not be the case.

But for example, if someone doesn't "believe" in evolution, they're factually wrong and deserved to be called such. They don't have to be framed as intellectually inferior because they simply are on that topic.

And let's not act like it's just rude, mocking "elites" going at civil, respectable differing opinions. And a lot of these dudes are just as rude. They just have a weaker case. A lot of these conversations start with people being like "lol@monkeys turning into people why are there still monkey you idiots" or talking about "fakkit lover atheist sodomites."

Differing opinions deserve to be respected. shytty logic and arguments not grounded in facts, should not be...sorry. As far as being rude or uncivil, again, that's the tone of the whole site, and HL is generally less rude and uncivil than probably every other subforum on the site.

HL is a debating forum, and a lot of people just get their feelings hurt or are made to feel stupid because they tried to debate and couldn't make their case well. Several times, I've seen someone come here and try to argue that the world was created 6,000 years ago because the Bible said so, or there's no difference between Presidents and lose that argument, then go to some other subforum and complain about how HL is full of elitists a$$holes who think they know everything. :laugh:

Personally I agree with evolution and other accepted scientific theories, and I usually agree with the stance of the so called "elites" but I still won't call anyone else intellectually inferior for disagreeing with me.

Truth is, as far as the big questions go NO ONE really knows the truth. There are theories and pretty good evidence on all sides, but nothing has irrefutably been proven. So I'm not going to call the next man stupid for thinking something else. At the end of the day we are all probably wrong

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
podcast and superior smilies aside...

ktl was like high school. HL is more like college - a little more evolved, a little more well rounded, and slightly wiser than ktl.

still too many of the same people participating in the same discussions tho, more new blood is needed. but that doesnt happen because we still have too many posters in HL who badger and e-attack other posters. we still have e-cliques that gang up on posters and/or certain perspectives, and overall we lack any sense of HL community.

you have the pseudo-skeptics who are skeptical of everything except the mainstream opinion. people who believe anybody in a suit or a lab coat.

and you have the complete opposite with the posters who dont subscribe to anything in the mainstream, and DISbelieve anything told to them by suit or lab coat.

then you have the pseudo-intellectuals who love passing off opinion for fact.

add to all this a bunch of superiority complexes, with a bunch of inferiority complexes, and a majority of people who have not learned how to disagree without being disagreeable... and you have the entity that is HL.

and im not gonna front, at one point or another ive spent time in all these camps. but all the e-bickering and immaturity is pointless in this epoch of my posting career.

every post is intended to either build or destroy... and in HL there is way too much destroying, thus, our limited growth.

:lawd: my point exactly

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Personally I agree with evolution and other accepted scientific theories, and I usually agree with the stance of the so called "elites" but I still won't call anyone else intellectually inferior for disagreeing with me.

Truth is, as far as the big questions go NO ONE really knows the truth. There are theories and pretty good evidence on all sides, but nothing has irrefutably been proven. So I'm not going to call the next man stupid for thinking something else. At the end of the day we are all probably wrong

Evolution seems to be the #1 thing the anti-science crowd speaks up the loudest about, and that in particular is proven. You can't even seriously study biology without understanding evolution. There are no people who don't believe in evolution. There are only people who don't understand evolution. It's only considered a "debatable" issue because a lot of ignorant people don't understand it. If we're going to take the stance that we should "respect" creationist arguments, we might as well respect the arguments that babies are delivered by storks, dancing for spirits can cause rain, and you can get rid of bubonic plague through leeching. That's anti-academic and unbecoming of a place called Higher Learning.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Evolution seems to be the #1 thing the anti-science crowd speaks up the loudest about, and that in particular is proven. You can't even seriously study biology without understanding evolution. There are no people who don't believe in evolution. There are only people who don't understand evolution. It's only considered a "debatable" issue because a lot of ignorant people don't understand it. If we're going to take the stance that we should "respect" creationist arguments, we might as well respect the arguments that babies are delivered by storks, dancing for spirits can cause rain, and you can get rid of bubonic plague through leeching. That's anti-academic and unbecoming of a place called Higher Learning.

In my opinion until you can totally prove/disprove one or the other all arguments should be respected.

And I understood the premise of this thread as "why isnt HL as large or diverse as other forums" and my response was "differing opinions aren't respected"

You guys have more than proved my point.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
All in all, I agree with the sentiment that some opinions aren't to be taken seriously. I'm not trying to be CNN. I was just saying that we (I'm included myself) can go at people's heads sometimes. It's because on the internet you lose that buffer that being face to face has. It's easier to just act on impulse when you're not talking to an actual human being. I never insult people in debates in real life. Just not my nature. But when we're on here, you're just writing your initial impression which is usually: :thiswork:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
In my opinion until you can totally prove/disprove one or the other all arguments should be respected.

Evolution is proven, and any position that claims it isn't is not another argument, it's a misunderstanding of science and it should not respected.

And I understood the premise of this thread as "why isnt HL as large or diverse as other forums" and my response was "differing opinions aren't respected"

You guys have more than proved my point.
That's bullshyt. I already explained why HL is not as large an diverse as other forums. It's obvious why. People are generally far less interested in the subject matter discussed here than the subject matter of the other forums, just like in real life.

If there was the huge swath of poster who really wanted to talk about science, politics, business, philosophy, etc. but stay away because of the supposed elitism here, they would all just come en masse and take it over. That never happened in over a decade of KTL, and it won't ever happen here because most people aren't interested in the shyt we talk about here. It's that simple. Notice that in the first couple of weeks of the coli, HL was :dead: until the KTL regulars all came over.

Status
Not open for further replies.