Why I don't tip at restaurants

Daps
Reppin
Queens/NYC
This.

Even though I do tip for good service, I still think:

1. Wages should be enough compensation for the work done.
2. A tip should never be expected.

It depends on the industry. When you go to the barber you don't want to pay a lot unless the nikka do a good job.

You got to pay over-head costs but the rest is on that dude's performance with the line-up.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
So I made plans to take this chick who I was trying to smash out to dinner. Right before she kinda let me know I was friend zoned and would never hit.

I re-routed to Applebee's immediately for a 2 for $20 deal. And now we were going Dutch. She was cool though.

Me (In my head): "Bytch if I had a chance to fukk you, I would care about what you thought and tip!"

Looks like she made a good decision :mjlol:

krioro

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NL/SU
It depends on the industry. When you go to the barber you don't want to pay a lot unless the nikka do a good job.

You got to pay over-head costs but the rest is on that dude's performance with the line-up.

Wages should include both overhead costs and a basic fee for the service provided.

I mean if the barber just normally cuts your hair he still provides a service, so he should be paid for that (unless he completely fukks up). If he's done an extraordinarily good job, then a tip would be appropriate.

(I'm just wording it like this to compare it with the restaurant business)

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
On a related note, I went to Friday's last night with my friend and his girl. We got two endless apps and two drinks. They split an entree and I got an Oreo dessert :flabbynsick: but I was in the mood to splurge.

So anyways my total was $10 for the app, $4 for the drink and like $6 something for the dessert. I had twenties and a one on me so I just gave him $21 and let him cover the rest. I've covered him plenty of times when he's been down and no incoming income. I could've gave an extra dollar or two but I didn't feel like breaking a twenty or using a card.

Anyways he pays for the rest and he says let's get out of here, I didn't leave a tip. I was:snoop: but got up and walked out with him. His girl was mad and stayed at the table. We got to the car and she finally came out saying she went to the bathroom. Then I told them that I would have been dead of laughter if she would've scratched out what he wrote on the receipt and added a tip herself. :russ: she didn't but was like maybe she should've. Might've even been her card too since she's the one with the job these days. I was like this fukk boy over here being cheap for no reason when buddy treated us good. :stopitslime: some folks just don't like spending extra money or don't know how to account for extra expenses when going out.:francis:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's just so rude and classless to come into a restaurant, get all your needs met and then some, use a coupon to get your bill reduced, and then leave nothing or a $5 on $100 tab. People don't realize that in a lot of restaurants the server has to tip out the bus boy, hostess and/or bartender. So in some instances the server has now paid to WAIT on you.
tumblr_lt1bbkTH9n1r0v9oso1_500.gif

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
On a related note, I went to Friday's last night with my friend and his girl. We got two endless apps and two drinks. They split an entree and I got an Oreo dessert :flabbynsick: but I was in the mood to splurge.

So anyways my total was $10 for the app, $4 for the drink and like $6 something for the dessert. I had twenties and a one on me so I just gave him $21 and let him cover the rest. I've covered him plenty of times when he's been down and no incoming income. I could've gave an extra dollar or two but I didn't feel like breaking a twenty or using a card.

Anyways he pays for the rest and he says let's get out of here, I didn't leave a tip. I was:snoop: but got up and walked out with him. His girl was mad and stayed at the table. We got to the car and she finally came out saying she went to the bathroom. Then I told them that I would have been dead of laughter if she would've scratched out what he wrote on the receipt and added a tip herself. :russ: she didn't but was like maybe she should've. Might've even been her card too since she's the one with the job these days. I was like this fukk boy over here being cheap for no reason when buddy treated us good. :stopitslime: some folks just don't like spending extra money or don't know how to account for extra expenses when going out.:francis:

People with no jobs going out to eat :mjlol:

Americans ya'll

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
So I made plans to take this chick who I was trying to smash out to dinner. Right before she kinda let me know I was friend zoned and would never hit.
I re-routed to Applebee's immediately for a 2 for $20 deal. And now we were going Dutch. She was cool though.

After we got both the checks, she asked me if I could break a ten.

Me: "For what?" :why:

Her: "For the tip I only have a ten dollar bill."

Me: "No I didn't bring cash, I don't tip." :childplease:

Her: "What? Why not? That's rude! They work to hard for what they get paid!"

Me (In my head): "Bytch if I had a chance to fukk you, I would care about what you thought and tip!"

Me: "I'm sorry." :shaq2:

So we get into a discussion in the car home about tipping and she is going on about how she used to be a waitress and how it was super difficult:russell:. But I have legit reasons why I don't tip.

Most people don't know that even though they make like $3/hr, restaurants are required by law to make up the difference of minimum wage if a waiter/waitress doesn't get it with tips.

2nd, why the fukk do I have to pay you for just taking my order and bringing it out to me? Isn't that your job? Yeah it's hard, but it doesn't require any skill or experience. They hire ANYBODY.

If you are a waitress complaining about your job then fukking quit. It's not my problem that you work at fukking Chili's making shiitt money. If you can't find another job that's your fault. I'm not paying extra because you don't have any other skills.

And people talk about "You should tip for the good service you got..." :dahell:
Man nobody tips based on actual service.
Think about it like this:

Let's say you have a waitress that is just busting her azz, she is taking your order fast, brought out the right food, always making sure your cup is never on E etc... but she is a complete assshole. She rolls her eyes when you ask her a question. Smacks her lips and just talks to you like you're a piece of shytt and even asks for a tip.
You're going to say, "HELL NAW!" and either not tip or giver her like $2.

Now let's say you have another waitress that's fumbling your order, keeps bringing out the wrong food, not checking up on you and just doing a bad job, but she is the sweetest person in the world and is really nice to you. That's when people start making excuses like,
"Oh it's probably her first week....she must be overwhelmed..." :mjpls: and tip her pretty good.

Service has nothing to do with it. It's a system that tells people that if they don't tip, that means that they are bad people. And people want to feel good about it. Not me.
I cringe when I hear people at tables doing the math on some,
"Wait isn't it 15%?" BS :snoop:.

Tipping for me should be an investment. I only tip two people, My barber & my mechanic. Even if there's 5 nikkas in front of me, my barber always acts like I made an appointment :shaq:
and my mechanic (small local shop) always under charges me for parts and has my car in & out.

I don't understand how people tip a person to bring them out food, but them dudes that have to lug their 300lb Kenmore washer/dryer up 3 flights of stairs get a pat on the back and maybe a bottle of water if it's hot enough outside.
Fukk outta here with all that.

Shout out to Mr. Pink

Lemme sum up this post.

"I'm cheap as fukk and I use weird ass logic to justify my brokeasstedness".

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
One of my good friends takes pride in not tipping
I believe it's because he's never had a real job and makes "easy" money so has no real understanding of working for a living
It makes me look down on him to be honest.
It's as simple as I treat people the way I would like to be treated
:yeshrug: