Why I don't tip at restaurants

krioro

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NL/SU
i always get tipped by europeans. my coworkers cry and moan they dont.
so i guess you tip for good service?? you tip even if the service is shytty?
i give a waitress what she deserves

Yes I (we if I can speak for Western Europeans in general) tip for good service. If the service was really shytty I wouldn't tip (practically never happens).

Tipping is definitely common practice here, and I (we) don't look at tipping as making up for low wages.

SeveroDrgnfli

Ain't nobody tryin to get indicted.
Daps
Reppin
Always
Well if a waiter spits in food because they don't get a tip then they are a loser who deserves to be working at a shytty restaurant making $3/hr being miserable
It's called common human decency. I know I make more than the dish washers at my job. I don't have to help them by washing dishes but I roll up my sleeves and wash dishes every night because I know they work hard for me.

If I cook a hundred tickets and each table tips one dollar that's an extra hundred dollars the servers get to split a night. That's 700 dollars a week. Some places give bonuses for monthly sales. I ate off that for years. I'd push items that increased my bonus. You'll probably spend around 20.00 for a nice meal for two. 10% of 20 is 2 dollars my nikka. 10% of 15.00 is a 1.50. You're telling me you can't spare that for someone sacrificing a half hour of their time to make sure you're happy?

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
When your food taste like shyt consistently because you've been black listed by food workers who really won? I hope you don't visit the same spots a lot. I assure you your food has been spat in or dropped on the floor. It goes down in back of the house. We're angry and we don't forget. I'm sure you've eaten the secret sauce.

Applebee's servers change over every couple months and the cooks don't give a fukk about the servers problems

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
I went to a restaurant new years eve, took the waitress 10 minutes to get us 1 spoon... My friend worked at that restaurant and when he gave us a ride home and said about how the waiter complained about how we didn't tip.

And for those 10 minutes, the ice cream ontop our brownie dessert melted so then it was just liquid surrounding the brownie

I understand it was new years eve, but they ain't entitled to know tip. Especially when it takes you 10 fukkin minutes to grab something that you keep at the front desk...

Mason83

Banned
Daps
It's just so rude and classless to come into a restaurant, get all your needs met and then some, use a coupon to get your bill reduced, and then leave nothing or a $5 on $100 tab. People don't realize that in a lot of restaurants the server has to tip out the bus boy, hostess and/or bartender. So in some instances the server has now paid to WAIT on you.

SeveroDrgnfli

Ain't nobody tryin to get indicted.
Daps
Reppin
Always
Applebee's servers change over every couple months and the cooks don't give a fukk about the servers problems
That sucks. I get it though. It's hard work that doesn't pay well.
I went to a restaurant new years eve, took the waitress 10 minutes to get us 1 spoon... My friend worked at that restaurant and when he gave us a ride home and said about how the waiter complained about how we didn't tip.

And for those 10 minutes, the ice cream ontop our brownie dessert melted so then it was just liquid surrounding the brownie

I understand it was new years eve, but they ain't entitled to know tip. Especially when it takes you 10 fukkin minutes to grab something that you keep at the front desk...
I understand this. I suggest complaining next time something like that happens. You didn't pay for melted ice cream on a mushy cold brownie. Bad service shouldn't be rewarded. I'm sorry they ruined your new years.

Lol, I ordered soup and the server brought me a fork, knife, but no spoon. I told him and he brought me another fork. I was a vegetarian at the time and I asked him if the soup had meat. He said no and it had chicken in it.

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lol, no. Seriously.
I cant speak for other countries, but where I live...

Where tipping is actually considered rude

Japan

In Japan it isn't customary to tip. Tipping creates confusion with recipients questioning why they've been given too much money. In addition, tipping can be seen as dishonourable, although a Japanese person would never raise it, in order to save face. While tipping isn't common, 'service charges' are being introduced at up-market restaurants and in western-style hotel restaurants in Japan.

Gratuity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Japan[edit]

In Japan, tipping is not a part of the culture. It is not expected and can cause confusion.[16] Like many other countries in East Asia, Japanese people see tipping as insulting

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I only tip for good service.

The onus on whether a member of staff is paid properly lies on their boss, not the customer.

Daps
Reppin
Queens/NYC
bytches who work at Applebees couldn't make it at Olive Garden. I'm not joking neither. :ld:

I used to Work at Home Depot $9/hr in NYC area right after the recession working under some fat Pork Desi Indian Mumbai bytch. I don't have sympathy for low wage workers I grinded my way up.:beli:

nikkas and bytches want to complain about this dude not tipping but half them workers not trying to learn to code or break into the knowledge economy. I bet you talk to half of retail/restaurant employees they just trying to get by. They not trying to change their situation, I know because I used to work with these people. A good 40% are grinding but the rest of them got low level gutter ghetto ass mentality and not working on leveling up. So honestly this dude not tipping is really not the issue. The issue is that the wage structure shifts the burden onto the customer.

As usual the USA stay losing in 2016 and beyond, and in more ways than one. :sas2:

krioro

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NL/SU