Why I don't tip at restaurants

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own šŸŒ
This just proves my point. People get mad at a person not tipping instead of getting mad at the actual restaurant that's fukking their employees over.

you can't use that argument cause you're the one eating there and paying the restaraunt but not the employee, using that logic the employee is getting fukked over by both you and the restaraunt

SeveroDrgnfli

Ain't nobody tryin to get indicted.
Daps
Reppin
Always
If you have more skills than us who went to school, but need tips, who won? :russ:
When your food taste like shyt consistently because you've been black listed by food workers who really won? I hope you don't visit the same spots a lot. I assure you your food has been spat in or dropped on the floor. It goes down in back of the house. We're angry and we don't forget. I'm sure you've eaten the secret sauce.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm a cook. I work BOH and FOH. I've been a food funner. Sandwich maker. Host. Expeditor. fukk you and everybody like you who doesn't tip because they think we're low skilled workers. We work harder than you do and have a set of skills you cannot learn at any university. Do you know how to seat one hundred people in a room and assign the correct amount of servers so make sure the service is timely and profitable? Can you tell me where the meat was sourced and the preparation of the meat? Most servers can. Do you know how to properly set a table for dinner? Can you tell me what a hot hold is? Do you know how to julienne, brunoise, or batonnet? If I asked you for 26 200's and 24 halves you'd have no idea what I meant. Explain to me difference between organic, conventional, and whole foods. Define gluten free, vegan, and vegetarian. Servers can do it.

I doubt you could run a hot bar or a cold bar for 8 hours without poisoning someone. Do you know the differences between Parmagiano Regiano and parmesan? Or mortadella and bologne? If I brought you into my world you'd leave in an ambulance or lose someone thousands of dollars. Stop being condescending and tip you cheap b*stard. I tip 50% of the check every time.
I dont know anything about the food industry but love this post I hate how people look down on certain jobs this is a real problem in this country I use to work retail for years and people didnt realize you do have to know stuff to actually be good at your job.

Entrapta310

:umad?:
Daps
why would they pay them minimum wage when on a good night you're walking away making $30 an hour without the measly 2.83 the restaurant gives you.
and by law, the hour work week plus income has to equal minimum wage. just cuz you had a bad night and made nothing doesnt mean by law the restaurant has to compensate that night.
you're compensated when you're making 3 shifts of work of most people in one night.

also, fine dining waitresses are different than olive garden type waitresses.
there are different levels to this ish.

and most have sections. tables that have an amount of 38 people at once.
you try hustling 38 people keeping them all happy and served proper.
it does take skill and management
most bytches choke at the job and make shytty tips.
if you make great tips, you are great at your job

SeveroDrgnfli

Ain't nobody tryin to get indicted.
Daps
Reppin
Always
I dont know anything about the food industry but love this post I hate how people look down on certain jobs this is a real problem in this country I use to work retail for years and people didnt realize you do have to know stuff to actually be good at your job.
Honestly food at any level, even gourmet chefs are still doing customer service. I just get to wear a fancy jacket and hat and bring knives to work. Most top chefs make 15 dollars an hour and work shytty hours. Kitchen managers make a lot more money and have normal hours. Unfortunately cooking involves recipes and to unskilled hands a recipe means anyone can make it. What they don't realize is five people can follow the same recipe and get different results.

That's where professional cooks and chefs come in. All we do is make things consistently. My split pea soup will always taste the same. Cooks at my level are one man factories. My job is to produce food in bulk at a consistent standard. When I come into work the first thing I do is taste everything on my menu to see what I'm going to throw away and remake. I will not serve food that doesn't have my signature taste.

My 2-10 crowd comes to eat with Still Ill FC. Every sauce, drink, and vegetable cut has to reflect me. When I'm on my shyt I'll pick through the spring mix to make sure the leaves aren't wilted. I also check the temperature of my food every hour. I'm a psycho about serving temps. The movie Chef nails what we go through. It's on Netflix.

Entrapta310

Daps
Lol, no. Seriously.
most european restaurants pay their workers minimum wage so tipping isnt preferred.
them europeans that come into american restaurants think the servers are making $10 an hour so they dont usually tip.
they only tip if you impressed them

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
When your food taste like shyt consistently because you've been black listed by food workers who really won? I hope you don't visit the same spots a lot. I assure you your food has been spat in or dropped on the floor. It goes down in back of the house. We're angry and we don't forget. I'm sure you've eaten the secret sauce.
Well if a waiter spits in food because they don't get a tip then they are a loser who deserves to be working at a shytty restaurant making $3/hr being miserable

krioro

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NL/SU
most european restaurants pay their workers minimum wage so tipping isnt preferred.
them europeans that come into american restaurants think the servers are making $10 an hour so they dont usually tip.
they only tip if you impressed them

I'm European. I've been to dozens of countries, and can tell you for a fact tipping is not considered rude everywhere outside of America. Oh and nobody European I know didn't tip in US restaurants, including myself.

Daps
Dont be surprised when they dont give a fukk about you if you come in again. People who dont tip get told on by other servers

Entrapta310

Daps
I'm European. I've been to dozens of countries, and can tell you for a fact tipping is not considered rude everywhere outside of America. Oh and nobody European I know didn't tip in US restaurants, including myself.

i always get tipped by europeans. my coworkers cry and moan they dont.
so i guess you tip for good service?? you tip even if the service is shytty?
i give a waitress what she deserves