Why I don't tip at restaurants

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
An underrated flaw in the tipping system is the fact that the prestige of the restaurant is a factor.
I normally tip 15% if the service is not absolutely horrible. 15% on a $30 Applebees bill is $4.50....15% on a $125 Buddhakan bill is $18.75
I may have ordered the same NUMBER of items and received similar service. So one waiter cakes while the other doesn't just cause one restaurant is more expensive? :jbhmm:
Who gives a fukk you ask? Well in my experience there are WAY more black (and young) servers at chain restaurants then there are at Palms, Prime Rib, Sampan, Nobu, etc type restaurants. It's like a built in racist filter in the service industry :dwillhuh:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
An underrated flaw in the tipping system is the fact that the prestige of the restaurant is a factor.
I normally tip 15% if the service is not absolutely horrible. 15% on a $30 Applebees bill is $4.50....15% on a $125 Buddhakan bill is $18.75
I may have ordered the same NUMBER of items and received similar service. So one waiter cakes while the other doesn't just cause one restaurant is more expensive? :jbhmm:
Who gives a fukk you ask? Well in my experience there are WAY more black (and young) servers at chain restaurants then there are at Palms, Prime Rib, Sampan, Nobu, etc type restaurants. It's like a built in racist filter in the service industry :dwillhuh:
i should tip twice as much because the waiter brought a steak on a plate instead of a sandwich :dead:

same exact effort :laff:

Mason83

Banned
Daps
i tip accordingly

you dont think people should have to earn their tip?
No, of course they should earn their tips. They need to have knowledge of the menu, knowledge of drink specials, and be prompt and efficient. I'm talking about people who deliberately don't tip or tip very poorly for no reason. So yeah, if you tip according to the service, that's great, that's how it should be in my opinion.

hypo666

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some years ago I worked at one of a big chain of national roadside diners in the UK. I thought they did it best in regards to tips. Near the cash register was a big pot with the words 'tips' on it and leaving customers would decide for themselves if they wanted to tip. And actually some customers were very generous, sometimes we could fund some drinks at the pub nearby for everyone on the tips we got alone. That to me is far better than servers being paid such poverty wages they would almost expect their customers to tip seemingly regardless of quality of service. Iam not completely against tips as it provides an incentive for staff to provide good service, and also is a way for customers to reward it, but I dislike what seems to be in the US pressure put on customers for tips, not all those customers will be rolling in cash either.

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
So I made plans to take this chick who I was trying to smash out to dinner. Right before she kinda let me know I was friend zoned and would never hit.
I re-routed to Applebee's immediately for a 2 for $20 deal. And now we were going Dutch. She was cool though.

After we got both the checks, she asked me if I could break a ten.

Me: "For what?" :why:

Her: "For the tip I only have a ten dollar bill."

Me: "No I didn't bring cash, I don't tip." :childplease:

Her: "What? Why not? That's rude! They work to hard for what they get paid!"

Me (In my head): "Bytch if I had a chance to fukk you, I would care about what you thought and tip!"

Me: "I'm sorry." :shaq2:

So we get into a discussion in the car home about tipping and she is going on about how she used to be a waitress and how it was super difficult:russell:. But I have legit reasons why I don't tip.

Most people don't know that even though they make like $3/hr, restaurants are required by law to make up the difference of minimum wage if a waiter/waitress doesn't get it with tips.

2nd, why the fukk do I have to pay you for just taking my order and bringing it out to me? Isn't that your job? Yeah it's hard, but it doesn't require any skill or experience. They hire ANYBODY.

If you are a waitress complaining about your job then fukking quit. It's not my problem that you work at fukking Chili's making shiitt money. If you can't find another job that's your fault. I'm not paying extra because you don't have any other skills.

And people talk about "You should tip for the good service you got..." :dahell:
Man nobody tips based on actual service.
Think about it like this:

Let's say you have a waitress that is just busting her azz, she is taking your order fast, brought out the right food, always making sure your cup is never on E etc... but she is a complete assshole. She rolls her eyes when you ask her a question. Smacks her lips and just talks to you like you're a piece of shytt and even asks for a tip.
You're going to say, "HELL NAW!" and either not tip or giver her like $2.

Now let's say you have another waitress that's fumbling your order, keeps bringing out the wrong food, not checking up on you and just doing a bad job, but she is the sweetest person in the world and is really nice to you. That's when people start making excuses like,
"Oh it's probably her first week....she must be overwhelmed..." :mjpls: and tip her pretty good.

Service has nothing to do with it. It's a system that tells people that if they don't tip, that means that they are bad people. And people want to feel good about it. Not me.
I cringe when I hear people at tables doing the math on some,
"Wait isn't it 15%?" BS :snoop:.

Tipping for me should be an investment. I only tip two people, My barber & my mechanic. Even if there's 5 nikkas in front of me, my barber always acts like I made an appointment :shaq:
and my mechanic (small local shop) always under charges me for parts and has my car in & out.

I don't understand how people tip a person to bring them out food, but them dudes that have to lug their 300lb Kenmore washer/dryer up 3 flights of stairs get a pat on the back and maybe a bottle of water if it's hot enough outside.
Fukk outta here with all that.

Shout out to Mr. Pink
Sadly this is the mentality that keeps people broke all of their lives. When you are 50+ and ask yourself why Have I been broke my whole life. You already know why:manny:

Daps
I remember when I was in highschool working at a restaurant and I realized why nikkas hated getting other nikkas at their tables and it was because the majority of the time they don't tip.

It's pretty pathetic tbh.

:mjlol: I knew one of you bytches was gonna use this a an opportunity to shyt on black people as a whole.

And it's coming from Be. Positivity too.

:mjpls:

And the coli's favorite cac @Mason83 dapped it up too.

My, my, how comfortable you've gotten...

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
So I made plans to take this chick who I was trying to smash out to dinner. Right before she kinda let me know I was friend zoned and would never hit.
I re-routed to Applebee's immediately for a 2 for $20 deal. And now we were going Dutch. She was cool though.

After we got both the checks, she asked me if I could break a ten.

Me: "For what?" :why:

Her: "For the tip I only have a ten dollar bill."

Me: "No I didn't bring cash, I don't tip." :childplease:

Her: "What? Why not? That's rude! They work to hard for what they get paid!"

Me (In my head): "Bytch if I had a chance to fukk you, I would care about what you thought and tip!"

Me: "I'm sorry." :shaq2:

So we get into a discussion in the car home about tipping and she is going on about how she used to be a waitress and how it was super difficult:russell:. But I have legit reasons why I don't tip.

Most people don't know that even though they make like $3/hr, restaurants are required by law to make up the difference of minimum wage if a waiter/waitress doesn't get it with tips.

2nd, why the fukk do I have to pay you for just taking my order and bringing it out to me? Isn't that your job? Yeah it's hard, but it doesn't require any skill or experience. They hire ANYBODY.

If you are a waitress complaining about your job then fukking quit. It's not my problem that you work at fukking Chili's making shiitt money. If you can't find another job that's your fault. I'm not paying extra because you don't have any other skills.

And people talk about "You should tip for the good service you got..." :dahell:
Man nobody tips based on actual service.
Think about it like this:

Let's say you have a waitress that is just busting her azz, she is taking your order fast, brought out the right food, always making sure your cup is never on E etc... but she is a complete assshole. She rolls her eyes when you ask her a question. Smacks her lips and just talks to you like you're a piece of shytt and even asks for a tip.
You're going to say, "HELL NAW!" and either not tip or giver her like $2.

Now let's say you have another waitress that's fumbling your order, keeps bringing out the wrong food, not checking up on you and just doing a bad job, but she is the sweetest person in the world and is really nice to you. That's when people start making excuses like,
"Oh it's probably her first week....she must be overwhelmed..." :mjpls: and tip her pretty good.

Service has nothing to do with it. It's a system that tells people that if they don't tip, that means that they are bad people. And people want to feel good about it. Not me.
I cringe when I hear people at tables doing the math on some,
"Wait isn't it 15%?" BS :snoop:.

Tipping for me should be an investment. I only tip two people, My barber & my mechanic. Even if there's 5 nikkas in front of me, my barber always acts like I made an appointment :shaq:
and my mechanic (small local shop) always under charges me for parts and has my car in & out.

I don't understand how people tip a person to bring them out food, but them dudes that have to lug their 300lb Kenmore washer/dryer up 3 flights of stairs get a pat on the back and maybe a bottle of water if it's hot enough outside.
Fukk outta here with all that.

Shout out to Mr. Pink
nikka did you ever hit that bytch up on IG? :beli: