Why hasn’t the south created any fashion trends that the rest of us black folks can enjoy?

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
No one gives a damn about the brim of a hat except for NY. Y’all nikkas are trash when it comes to dressing :mjlol:.

Don’t tell me y’all are actually building your outfit around what color your under brim is :deadmanny:.

This shyt is getting ridiculous now :heh:

nikkas in your city literally wear a ski mask as a hat gtfo nobody even acknowledges y'all except for new balance and your terrible music that sounds like Timbs in a Washing machine. Don't get mad y'all shorties get to choosing at Howard Homecoming because she didn't want a nikka who looks like he's a rasta with skinny jeans and grey new balance and a ski hat/kufi combo :ufdup:

Anyway in places where people are actually considered for dressing well: Tokyo, LA, Milan, UK, France, Korea people in these areas have a mixture of these styles. I see Timbs in LA but never saw no fukking Helly Hanson in Europe

the Apartment (@theapartment_tokyo) • Instagram photos and ...
https://www.instagram.com › theapar...

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Iverson joined the NBA with short hair

:mjlol:

west and east coast were rocking cornrows long before

keep trolling
Wide scale explosive adoption acoss the USA was more after Iverson.

Beanie Sigel doesn't get corn rows until Iverson goes to Philly.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
nikkas in your city literally wear a ski mask as a hat gtfo nobody even acknowledges y'all except for new balance and your terrible music that sounds like Timbs in a Washing machine. Don't get mad y'all shorties get to choosing at Howard Homecoming because she didn't want a nikka who looks like he's a rasta with skinny jeans and grey new balance and a ski hat/kufi combo :ufdup:

Anyway in places where people are actually considered for dressing well: Tokyo, LA, Milan, UK, France, Korea people in these areas have a mixture of these styles. I see Timbs in LA but never saw no fukking Helly Hanson in Europe

the Apartment (@theapartment_tokyo) • Instagram photos and ...
https://www.instagram.com › theapar...

that Howard homecoming story is all cap. A bunch of college kids would never influence dudes on the street in wearing clothes especially in the 80s and 90s

:russ:

who y’all arguing with. The bozo named @Dad?

Don Snow

All Star
Daps
Lil Baby wearing a Supreme edition of the Marmot Mammoth coat today…

277907950_104705625492852_2986714958741613813_n.jpg

NYC youths wearing Marmot Mammoth aka Biggie coat in 2009
9bda99c219b6ea53f25000516fbd316f.jpg

Mc8rc2egUncXzSRL9

This nikka got a biggie on with rain boots like it’s 2011

He might as well start getting lite :mjlol:

Asicz

Daps
@Asicz can you provide a video or source of VA dudes rocking cornrows in the 80s I just showed you grand master flash rocking cornrows in Harlem in the 80s
Nah for sure Sticky Fingers or Fredro Star was a barber back in the day I wanna say late 80s early 90s had braids.

But the increased wide scale explosive adoption of corn rows the inflection point was mid to late 90s Allen Iverson hyper visibility. Not because of Flash.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Nah for sure Sticky Fingers or Fredro Star was a barber back in the day I wanna say late 80s early 90s had braids.

But the increased wide scale explosive adoption of corn rows the inflection point was mid to late 90s Allen Iverson hyper visibility. Not because of Flash.

This is as silly as saying chief keef was the trendsetter for dreads. Dudes was rocking these hair styles in mass quantities before iverson.

Iverson literally joint the NBA with short hair and not a single soul was influenced by Pusha T to wear braids who btw is from the Bronx originally

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
that Howard homecoming story is all cap. A bunch of college kids would never influence dudes on the street in wearing clothes especially in the 80s and 90s

:russ:

who y’all arguing with. The bozo named @Dad?

Yea, Ironically I tried to be civil and say DMV is top 3 with fashion but he tried to play like NY isn't the top like, who are you fooling? my roommate in College was from DC even admitted it

Asicz

Daps
We can do this all day

show me VA and mid Atlantic rocking cornrows in the 80s. Every man in this video has braids

That was early 80s NY wiyh some cats by the late 80s haurcuts were the norm in NY and nstuonally ( lines in hair parts fades flatb tops in tin the 90s nationally waves etc.

Wide spread inflection point for corn rows specifically not just braids in general. Corn rows was 1 Snoop Dogg. And it goes legitimately national with Allen Iverson effect synonymous with Black, Hip Hop, and even thug culture by the dominant society and middle class respectable Black society.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That was early 80s NY wiyh some cats by the late 80s haurcuts were the norm in NY and nstuonally ( lines in hair parts fades flatb tops in tin the 90s nationally waves etc.

Wide spread inflection point for corn rows specifically not just braids in general. Corn rows was 1 Snoop Dogg. And it goes legitimately national with Allen Iverson effect synonymous with Black, Hip Hop, and even thug culture by the dominant society and middle class respectable Black society.

This thread is about trends that were started. Iverson did not start anything with braids. He added on to the popularity of braids but this dude literally joined the NBA with short hair when braids were already popular

Don Snow

All Star
Daps
We do not wear grills in nyc. You will not walk in the street and find this in abundance

You making up stuff just justifies my point. Texas never started any trend in hip hop

Ny was rocking fronts way back in the day before anybody from the south was on TV

We started that too :mjlol:

There’s pictures of a teenage Hov wearing fronts or as people from the south call them “grillz”

And don’t forget the whole wu tang :russ:

Last edited: