Why hasn’t the south created any fashion trends that the rest of us black folks can enjoy?

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
And here comes the summary of refuting thread starter premise and insinuation.

Fashion icons

Pharell (Not a New Yorker) form fitting t shirt pioneer and precursor to (alternative Black style hipster style)

Lil Wayne (Not a New Yorker) Explosion in popularity of dreads in 2000s and beyond
(Can we add Red Monkey Jeans also?)

Nike Head band and wrist band trend probable popularity boost Deon Sanders (Not a New Yorker imitated by youth everywhere

K Swiss in the 90s (arguable non NY orgin)

Atlanta Braves and Baseball Jersey in 90s Dupri Outkast (Not NY(

Altanta rappers Kriss Kross 90s Babseball Jersey trend (also seen on 90s Fresh Prince of Bel Air)

Sports hats obvious popularity linked to the side commercial success and exposure of West Coast Gangsta Rappers Snoop, Dre Cube etc.

Snoop iconic Tommy Hilfiger rugby on Arsenio now released because of 90s retro trend now.

Just admit you wrong B.

k Swiss? If you rocked K Swiss in NY you were the clown of the entire school

:russ:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Yachty in Caps USA in Harlem buying hats this was the go to spot coming up for hats :mjlol:

grdijkuc9pyql7rzeemi.jpg

Quavo with the World Series custom grey bottom Atlanta hat :mjlol:
t_5f19f1c449e24a42817e682c4b76e70a_name_DSCF0301.jpg

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Also urban Black style especially in the 90s was not even really perceived as velong
Just admit you wrong B.

k Swiss? If you rocked K Swiss in NY you were the clown of the entire school

:russ:
Fashion icon Jim Jones on IG purchased K Swiss that were popular in the 90s

Asicz

Daps
@NewYorkIsBetterThanDallas

Who ushered in the skinny jeans trend?

Kanye West form fitting jeans and swearers late 2000s

Jim Jones Urban Goth / Tom Hardy

Lil Wayne late 2000s Rocker phase (Rebirth album era)

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
this shyt is horrible. Your claim to fame now is making the same fitteds that are on the clearance rack of champs. No one but y’all is rocking this shyt:why:.

I was in Mitchell & Ness flagship store in philly and all those off-colors were in the back where they should be. :ufdup:

Not only is wearing a yellow Yankee hat sad, but you still taking fashion tips from Complex like it’s 2006 is even sadder. Grow the fukk up, nikka.
Man what are you talking about

Champs don’t make them shyts thats the point that Champs shyt is wack they make what we call black nasties with no patchwork and off brand shyt

The grey and green bottoms with the WS patch was retro looked better and cost more which is why we only rocked those uptown nikkas would have whole collections

I don’t take fashion tips from Complex that article just shows you hats is popping now and it gives credit to the cac vultures like Hat Club, Supreme, Aime Leon Dore, KITH that restored it and the actual originators like Caps USA and Pegasus that was feeding the streets 10-12 years ago

Why are Atlanta nikkas that were wearing oversized fitteds 12 years now coming to NYC to buy fitteds we wore or inspired by what we were wearing 12 years ago? :mjlol:

Tell me why Offset and Takeoff only wearing grey UV’s :mjlol:

Asicz

Daps
Good. You still got bullied for wearing them and you didn’t respond to anyone who refuted your post.
Which post? Oh wait nobody has been able to refute facts and historical urban fashion history I provided unlike your mistakes with NY crack era timelines

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Which post? Oh wait nobody has been able to refute facts and historical urban fashion history I provided unlike your mistakes with NY crack era timelines

The post that @ISO and @Supa made about Hilfiger

:dwillhuh:

You saying any wild thing. I like your style tho. You troll intelligently cause you know the dummies on this page will fall for it.

:comeon:

Asicz

Daps
The rolled up knit ski mask is that NY see New Orleans brehs with dreads etc rock those...

The thin nylon ski mask rolled up hat is DMV orgin.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV

Champs don’t make them shyts thats the point that Champs shyt is wack they make what we call black nasties with no patchwork and off brand shyt

The grey and green bottoms with the WS patch was retro looked better and cost more which is why we only rocked those uptown nikkas would have whole collections

I don’t take fashion tips from Complex that article just shows you hats is popping now and it gives credit to the cac vultures like Hat Club, Supreme, Aime Leon Dore, KITH that restored it and the actual originators like Caps USA and Pegasus that was feeding the streets 10-12 years ago

Why are Atlanta nikkas that were wearing oversized fitteds 12 years now coming to NYC to buy fitteds we wore or inspired by what we were wearing 12 years ago? :mjlol:

No one coordinates their outfit around the bottom of the brim of your hat except for y’all lames. This is pathetic

Offset & Quavo is who you think dresses well? nikka shut the fukk up. Who takes fashion advice from the Migos?!
:mjlol:

Your old ass is doing more damage to your city than your basketball teams.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

A lot of these dudes are just talking. Literally

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The rolled up knit ski mask is that NY see New Orleans brehs with dreads etc rock those...

The thin nylon ski mask rolled up hat is DMV orgin.

again bruh. Keep dreads to cAribbean ppl. NYC is filled with caribbeans so telling us that Wayne started dreads won’t get you anywhere. NYC brehs we’re seeing dreads since the 60s.

Southern cats? Y’all started seeing dreads literally in the 2000s except Miami which is more like NYC in seeing dreads since before the 80s