Why hasn’t the south created any fashion trends that the rest of us black folks can enjoy?

Whogivesafuck

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So LA and bay brehs dont dress that much different than :yeshrug:

Say did LA brehs ever hop on these cuts like the rest of Cali than ?
:patrice:

D6qj5VkW4AE9ukN.jpg:large

Nope. DuckTales up north stuff. Fades, taper fros,plaits.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Black ppl didn’t even start that trend. And Kanye is another dude who had to develop his fashion brilliance in NY.
The popped collar polo resurgence and trend was widely popularized to America and Black America with Kanye

Your thread premise is getting repeatedly refuted lol

We were All there for this trend even the young millenials so you can't do revisionism as easy on this like you tried with Tommy mistakingly tying it to the 80s crack era when it came out in with Snoop in the 90s.

You are really bad at this just stop.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Grey Bottom and World Series new Era fitted's

Carhartt.

BB Simon

Moncler
No one gives a damn about the brim of a hat except for NY. Y’all nikkas are trash when it comes to dressing :mjlol:.

Don’t tell me y’all are actually building your outfit around what color your under brim is :deadmanny:.

This shyt is getting ridiculous now :heh:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
The popped collar polo resurgence and trend was widely popularized to America and Black America with Kanye

We were All there for this trend even the young millenials so you can't do revisionism as easy on this like you tried with Tommy mistakingly tying it to the 80s crack era when it came out in with Snoop in the 90s.

You didn’t refute anything. You are trolling at best and running away from the topic.

According to you Baltimore made air forces popular because they had a project with Nike

:russ:

But you have no evidence of anyone across the country wearing those air forces in mass quantity:

And you got the nerve to say you refuting my points

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Snoop Dogg kicked off Tommy Hilfiger on Arsenio Hall show in the 90s with the Tommy Rugby and the world followed suit

Yeah Grand Puba has an early pic with Tommy Hilfiger himself But the world did not really care at all

Stop the lies. Puba made Tommy popular in 91/92 and the whole city was wearing it well before Snoop did in 94. Snoop probably bought his rugby in NY.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

Tommy was already in when Snoop wore it :heh:

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
I lived in va and NC for a good minute and let me tell you for 1 its hot as hell so its not like you gonna dress in NY or a colder region and 2
you can get away with wearing watever the fukk you want and still bag hella bytches...thats why my clothing game fell off now that im in seattle i gotta really focus on clothes again just like my home town NY/NJ

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
No one gives a damn about the brim of a hat except for NY. Y’all nikkas are trash when it comes to dressing :mjlol:.

Don’t tell me y’all are actually building your outfit around what color your under brim is :deadmanny:.

This shyt is getting ridiculous now :heh:
As always you nikkas out the fukking loop stop speaking on shyt

That’s the wave now grey, pink, icy blue bottom World Series and limited edition fitteds with patchwork. It went from dad hats a few years ago to fitteds being back in full effect.

This is another thing NYC (specifically the Bronx and Harlem) was doing 10-12 years ago

Rappers are coming to NYC to cop hats
:mjlol:

Read up
How Custom Fitted Hats Have Become Must-Have Collectors' Items

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
As always you nikkas out the fukking loop stop speaking on shyt

That’s the wave now grey, pink, icy blue bottom World Series and limited edition fitteds with patchwork. It went from dad hats a few years ago to fitteds being back in full effect.

This is another thing NYC was doing 10-12 years ago

Rappers are coming to NYC to cop hats
:mjlol:

Read up
How Custom Fitted Hats Have Become Must-Have Collectors' Items

this shyt is horrible. Your claim to fame now is making the same fitteds that are on the clearance rack of champs. No one but y’all is rocking this shyt:why:.

I was in Mitchell & Ness flagship store in philly and all those off-colors were in the back where they should be. :ufdup:

Not only is wearing a yellow Yankee hat sad, but you still taking fashion tips from Complex like it’s 2006 is even sadder. Grow the fukk up, nikka.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
And here comes the summary of refuting thread starter premise and insinuation.

Fashion icons

Pharell (Not a New Yorker) form fitting t shirt pioneer and precursor to (alternative Black style hipster style)

Lil Wayne (Not a New Yorker) Explosion in popularity of dreads in 2000s and beyond
(Can we add Red Monkey Jeans also?)

Nike Head band and wrist band trend probable popularity boost Deon Sanders (Not a New Yorker imitated by youth everywhere

K Swiss in the 90s (arguable non NY orgin)

Atlanta Braves and Baseball Jersey in 90s Dupri Outkast (Not NY(

Altanta rappers Kriss Kross 90s Babseball Jersey trend (also seen on 90s Fresh Prince of Bel Air)

Sports hats obvious popularity linked to the side commercial success and exposure of West Coast Gangsta Rappers Snoop, Dre Cube etc.

Snoop iconic Tommy Hilfiger rugby on Arsenio now released because of 90s retro trend now.

Whogivesafuck

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
this shyt is horrible. Your claim to fame now is making the same fitteds that are on the clearance rack of champs. No one but y’all is rocking this shyt:why:.

I was in Mitchell & Ness flagship store in philly and all those off-colors were in the back where they should be. :ufdup:

Not only is wearing a yellow Yankee hat sad, but you still taking fashion tips from Complex like it’s 2006 is even sadder. Grow the fukk up, nikka.