Why hasn’t the south created any fashion trends that the rest of us black folks can enjoy?

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
NY may have adopted gold teeth and grills for decades from the south.(Some point to Jamaican immigrant influence but seems off)
Don’t try to throw grills in with gold teeth lol.
Black ppl from everywhere rock gold teeth it go back to Africa.
nikkas in NY don’t wear grills.

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
Now these dudes is making stuff up. Dudes in NY go to Texas to buy jewelry?

:mjlol:
My co worker is from Buffalo and his freinds started coming down here because the price is 3x cheaper for jewelry he told me.Also various hip hop artist have talked about jewelry being much cheaper down south.You are also lying about gold teeth since we bringing up Asap that whole lil wave ,them Flatbush Zombies, Joey Badass They all rocked gold slugs,l.Them Griselda dudes rocking grills sonetimes..Young Ma rocking a grill ,Fab be rocking a grill stop it.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
My co worker is from Buffalo and his freinds started coming down here because the price is 3x cheaper for jewelry he told me.Also various hip hop artist have talked about jewelry being much cheaper down south.You are also lying about gold teeth since we bringing up Asap that whole lil wave ,them Flatbush Zombies, Joey Badass They all rocked gold slugs,l.Them Griselda dudes rocking grills sonetimes..Young Ma rocking a grill ,Fab be rocking a grill stop it.

Buffalo is not NYC

:russ:

just because artist travel to your city does not mean they use your city as a spot to buy jewelry

:gucci:

Breh some of you southern cats are awkward as fukk. Do you not follow any of these dudes on IG. They buy jewelry everywhere

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Go to an event in NY and show me 10 pictures of someone wearing grills and I will pay you money.

We talking about trends that people adopt you talking about celebs

People have adopted them tho.

The birt place of Rap is NY the fashion stores are all in NY garment district of course NY will have first dibs. And NY is a pedestrian non car centric city. Plus NY has basically universal free/affordable public housing wit expendable income to be spent on fashion for decades

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
People have adopted them tho.

The birt place of Rap is NY the fashion stores are all in NY garment district of course NY will have first dibs. And NY is a pedestrian non car centric city. Plus NY has basically universal free/affordable public housing wit expendable income to be spent on fashion for decades

Bro can you answer my question about grills.

Last time I see grills in nyc was when Nelly made the song about them. There was a short following of them here when he made that track.

But you will lot see your average daily nyc cat with grills