Why hasn’t the south created any fashion trends that the rest of us black folks can enjoy?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Regional fashion been dead for I don’t know how long. :wtf:Social media killed regional fashion. Everybody coast to coast dress the same. Hypebeast shyt (i.e. Supreme, Off White, Bape, Gallery Dept.), American rockstar L.A. cac shyt designed merch for companies that make $40k+ leathers for dried up washed up cac metal artists (i.e. Amiri, Chrome Hearts), Eurocac designer merch (i.e. Gucci, Louis, Prada, Dior), predictable shoe game (i.e. Jordan 1, 3, 4 and Nike Dunks in hyped up color ways). And most of the shyt people call designer ain’t even real designer... it’s merch. A $1000 screen print cotton hoodie is merch. You are literally paying for the logo, not the quality of the garment. :ufdup:

And urban fashion been dead since the 2000’s. Black people try to act like Gucci, Prada and Moncler are urban when them racist Eurocacs let nikkas know how they really felt with those blackface designs a few years back.:mjpls:

Cacs have gentrified the shoe game and hypebeast culture too. That’s how mainstream shyt is now. Back in the 90’s and 2000’s, there were urban looks cacs wouldn’t dare touch because they knew they were stepping out of their lane. And many brands that were urban were actually black owned and often owned by prominent people in the culture (i.e. Fubu, Phat Farm, Rocawear).

Nowadays, you can’t tell where nobody is from just by looking at them. :dahell:This ain’t 1994 no more. But trust, there will be a backlash soon. There always is. :shaq2:
This is true to an extent but if you move around you can still see differences

Louisiana breh will have on some acid wash jeans, black AF1’s, black tee

NY breh will have on a Nike tech suit with a black Carhartt vest over it

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
Regional fashion been dead for I don’t know how long. :wtf:Social media killed regional fashion. Everybody coast to coast dress the same. Hypebeast shyt (i.e. Supreme, Off White, Bape, Gallery Dept.), American rockstar L.A. cac shyt designed merch for companies that make $40k+ leathers for dried up washed up cac metal artists (i.e. Amiri, Chrome Hearts), Eurocac designer merch (i.e. Gucci, Louis, Prada, Dior), predictable shoe game (i.e. Jordan 1, 3, 4 and Nike Dunks in hyped up color ways). And most of the shyt people call designer ain’t even real designer... it’s merch. A $1000 screen print cotton hoodie is merch. You are literally paying for the logo, not the quality of the garment. :ufdup:

And urban fashion been dead since the 2000’s. Black people try to act like Gucci, Prada and Moncler are urban when them racist Eurocacs let nikkas know how they really felt with those blackface designs a few years back.:mjpls:

Cacs have gentrified the shoe game and hypebeast culture too. That’s how mainstream shyt is now. Back in the 90’s and 2000’s, there were urban looks cacs wouldn’t dare touch because they knew they were stepping out of their lane. And many brands that were urban were actually black owned and often owned by prominent people in the culture (i.e. Fubu, Phat Farm, Rocawear).

Nowadays, you can’t tell where nobody is from just by looking at them. :dahell:This ain’t 1994 no more. But trust, there will be a backlash soon. There always is. :shaq2:
I feel yhis is untrue.I travel to LA ,Chicago,and New Orleans often .I also live in Houston I can tell someone from out of town by how they dressed and they hair if they in their 20-30s.LA dudes dont dress like Chicago dudes New Orleans dudes definitely dont look like Chicago dudes or LA dudes haircuts got alot to do with it too.

Daps

There are still a lot of quality urban/streetwear (legitimate streetwear, unlike the counterfeit “streetwear” that’s been co-opted by high fashion) brands out there.

Stussy
Huf
Braindead
Carrots
Bookworks

Authentic streetwear is still thriving, but you have to clear away the trendy garbage to find it.

:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I understand y’all bored but y’all can’t come up with something else to talk about rather than another thread of which city is better than another city
Like why not make a thread about if Cucumber taste better pickle

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
A$AP Rocky wearing Moncler around 2008/9 pre fame
asap-rocky.jpg

Atlanta nikkas love wearing Moncler now and y’all sure as hell wasn’t wearing that shyt in 2007/8/9

A lot of this shyt I’m posting was dangerous to wear here nikkas was getting killed over it now it’s nothing for an average dudes to be wearing an all black Moncler Maya bubble :heh:

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I understand y’all bored but y’all can’t come up with something else to talk about rather than another thread of which city is better than another city
Like why not make a thread about if Cucumber taste better pickle
:dame:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Fam. I lived in NYC for years. And they have been on some fly shyt way before then. UK nikkas been taking cues from NYC not vice versa.

I'm talking lobby boys in Brooklyn and the BX rocking $700 Celine hoodies, Givenchy Sneakers, Saint Laurent, Rick Owens Geo Baskets, with the North Face on,

All the stuff you see NY posters talking about its been real like that.
any nikka who really gets fly will not lie

you come to the city & get around a nikka who really serious about putting this shyte on it's different

this is internationally known

& when anybody from ot got it we will say so

but you gotta claim the shyte that you made a wave for real not our old shyte

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
A$AP Rocky wearing Moncler around 2008/9 pre fame
asap-rocky.jpg

Atlanta nikkas love wearing Moncler now and y’all sure as hell wasn’t wearing that shyt in 2007/8/9

A lot of this shyt I’m posting was dangerous to wear here nikkas was getting killed over it now it’s nothing for an average dudes to be wearing an all black Moncler Maya bubble :heh:

Jesus Christ I said nyc starter moncler in 2011 and I was off by 3 years.

God damn bonafide L for the south. Dudes is rocking stuff that we rocked almost 20 years ago

:deadmanny:

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
he for sure gave his due to screw & texas culture

zro was maison margiela raf & rick down¿

zro brought that high end mixed with black scale preme stussy yadda yadda yadda

that's news to me

No but if you look at Zero he was wearing the base of their beginning style.A street goth look Oversized black tee long sleeve undershirts, baggy pants and Beanies. I didn't see alot of artist dressing like that until Ro then Asap started what they said was street goth but ro been black on black.Space Ghost Purp also said Asap swag jacked him.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
I’m still baffled you can can look at ASAP Rocky and say he 100% Texas influenced

Yea he def looks like Sauce waka a Texas breh who lived in nyc for a year and made nyc drill tracks

speak on it

NYC stole that drill style from UK brehs

Sauce was musically inspired, that doesn't have anything to do with fashion

NY is lost

ASAP Yams went to Houston, Texas and brought that shyt back

I wouldn't say 100 percent, but 80 percent

On his debut mixtape he had a song called Houston Old Head...

He even spoke about his influence on Palace

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
I think Georgia pioneered Baseball jerseys/ Braves Jerseys in the 90s
Deon Sanders and the South might have kicked off headbands and armbands

Mitchell and Ness Jersey trends started in Philly

New Balance 990 trend started in DC area
Jim Jones had on a pair and even acknowledged the obvious on his IG

But for the most part New York is the headquarters of fashion houses and clothing companies for decades.

In the DC area in the 90s we willingly admitted N.Y. was ahead and we got some of the trends and brands late (by months usually) because of proximity to the clothing companies

While at the same time DC in the 90s had local street wear brands Balck owned that held as much prestige and had at times higher price points than Polo and Hilfiger

NY may have not adopted in some cases because of lack of awareness or preferences

Also NY rappers adopted the Kaki shirt top from other regions

Last edited:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.

Did NY steal this too

I knew you were going to say that which is why I saved the last 2 videos

:mjlol:

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx

NY is lost

See these boys dont know but for somebody from here its all to obvious.Also lowkey Starlito trying to rap like he from Houston.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
NY may have adopted gold teeth and grills for decades from the south.(Some point to Jamaican immigrant influence but seems off)