Why hasn’t the south created any fashion trends that the rest of us black folks can enjoy?

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
NY may have adopted gold teeth and grills for decades from the south.(Some point to Jamaican immigrant influence but seems off)
Dudes from New York fly down here to get grills and jewelry because its cheaper. They talking trendsetting and they going crazy over gold slugs .

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Dudes from New York fly down here to get grills and jewelry because its cheaper. They talking trendsetting and they going crazy over gold slugs .

We do not wear grills in nyc. You will not walk in the street and find this in abundance

You making up stuff just justifies my point. Texas never started any trend in hip hop

Treeshaz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Bernal Heights
This is true to an extent but if you move around you can still see differences

Louisiana breh will have on some acid wash jeans, black AF1’s, black tee

NY breh will have on a Nike tech suit with a black Carhartt vest over it
La nikkas still dressing like dis

edit: how tf u post pics now ?

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even the early 2000 nikkas were rocking LA brands. LA has made a huge impact!

Why are you mentioning brands? They make the clothing but the people create the style

LA natives do not set the trends for style.

All the designer/street look is NY. LA isn't even known for wearing designer. All these rappers draped in Gucci, Raf, ripped denim, etc is all NY.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Lil Wayne and the South popularized the Dread trend and increased its adoption as a hair style to it biggest heights.

(Jamaicans originated long ago but it didn't spread to Black Americans to the degree it did when Lol Wayne and the South did it)

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
A$AP Rocky wearing Moncler around 2008/9 pre fame
asap-rocky.jpg

Atlanta nikkas love wearing Moncler now and y’all sure as hell wasn’t wearing that shyt in 2007/8/9

A lot of this shyt I’m posting was dangerous to wear here nikkas was getting killed over it now it’s nothing for an average dudes to be wearing an all black Moncler Maya bubble :heh:
look at the feet

i sold all my video games at 10 to buy a bunch of double strap patent leather america cups

ot nikkas was really stuck on nikes j's shyte out the mall

shyte i feel like a good pair of mauri gator sneakers preferably a real loud color ha

we can get real snobbish & disgusting

young me tryna hurt my nikkas feelings with a pair of diet butcher slim skins

make the block say what the fukk you got on

for real nothing i loved more than standing in the stairwell scrolling up feet worth almost a stack stepping through puddles of piss

the paradox of my childhood ha

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Lil Wayne and the South popularized the Dread trend and increased its adoption as a hair style to it biggest heights.

(Jamaicans originated long ago but it didn't spread to Black Americans to the degree it did when Lol Wayne and the South did it)

Lil Wayne dikk rided the entire wardrobe of Dipset.

With all due respect FBAs should leave the dreadlocks to Jamaican

Shouldn’t even be a conversation to be honest