Why hasn’t the south created any fashion trends that the rest of us black folks can enjoy?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
My co worker is from Buffalo and his freinds started coming down here because the price is 3x cheaper for jewelry he told me.Also various hip hop artist have talked about jewelry being much cheaper down south.You are also lying about gold teeth since we bringing up Asap that whole lil wave ,them Flatbush Zombies, Joey Badass They all rocked gold slugs,l.Them Griselda dudes rocking grills sonetimes..Young Ma rocking a grill ,Fab be rocking a grill stop it.
That’s rapper shyt and they do that on some occasion shyt

We don’t wear grills. Or even gold teeth anymore that was a back in the day thing. :manny:

We have our own jewelry district but rappers buy jewelry all over it’s the same dudes really Johnny Dang, Avianne, etc.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Go to an event in NY and show me 10 pictures of someone wearing grills and I will pay you money.

We talking about trends that people adopt you talking about celebs
NY has there preference The South has theirs sometimes they intersect.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Why are you mentioning brands? They make the clothing but the people create the style

LA natives do not set the trends for style.

All the designer/street look is NY. LA isn't even known for wearing designer. All these rappers draped in Gucci, Raf, ripped denim, etc is all NY.
I agree to a degree but this whole thread is about labels. Read it. shyt, you even bringing up labels to try & prove a point.

If wearing cac brands & ripped jeans is what you deem as fashionable, then do your thing :yeshrug:

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
Migos wearing BB Simon belts today
925163_567551233342000_1046003224_n[1].jpg

Max B wearing BB Simon belt in 2008
10fc7812d85dd2219c6b846ee318e7d5--rap-movie-stars.jpg
I even see them southern nikkas wear them around their neck like it’s a fukking WEMOBBIN DVD in 2009

“I’m a Harlem nikka, I don’t do the southern shyt” - Max B

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
The only thing I will give props to the state of New York for when it comes to black culture is Jordan being born in NY...and we see his 'fashion sense'

Anybody with common sense that God gave geese leaves whether force or by choice...Tupac, Jay Z, so on and so forth

After all, "gangstas" don't die they get chubby and move to where again lol it damn sure ain't up Nawf

Asicz

Daps
Here is the thing Nike Adidas etc are released everywhere it's questionable that NY deserves "credit" when a shoe like Jordans drop or even air force's or Reebok classics drop and people rock them

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
The only thing I will give props to the state of New York for when it comes to black culture is Jordan being born in NY...and we see his 'fashion sense'

Anybody with common sense that God gave geese leaves whether force or by choice...Tupac, Jay Z, so on and so forth

After all, "gangstas" don't die they get chubby and move to where again lol it damn sure ain't up Nawf

Idk what this dude talking about
:mjtf:

weirdo ass

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Here is the thing Nike Adidas etc are released everywhere it's questionable that NY deserves "credit" when a shoe like Jordans drop or even air force's or Reebok classics drop and people rock them

Didn’t see a single person make the claim
Of an entire sneaker brand was started in NY

It’s the style that’s important.

You from DC a place that wears a specific kind of NB. You should know this more than anybody

Treeshaz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Bernal Heights
This is true to an extent but if you move around you can still see differences

Louisiana breh will have on some acid wash jeans, black AF1’s, black tee

NY breh will have on a Nike tech suit with a black Carhartt vest over it

Cant forget LA drip still kinda unique

Bay area brehs dress like sum bamas I will not cap:francis:

smlc0io102x81.jpg

ug5q4o71yiw81.jpg

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
I already spoke on this point. Even if it were true - which it isn’t. How does that benefit southerners.

You think you that gives you a point or something?

:ohhh:
I'm not a southerner, so I don't care

I just came here to say NY hasn't been the leading trendsetter in a decade when it comes to style of dressing

Asicz

Daps
Also why should NY have to adopt a style orvtrend for the trend to be legitimate? Most Black people don't live in the North East.

Thread premise is kinda off.

And also real NY cats are even concerned with what the South is doing they do them and vice versa.

Just look at the zesty phrasing of the OP " a style we can all enjoy" mad sassy type.