Why hasn’t the south created any fashion trends that the rest of us black folks can enjoy?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
It's crazy I laid out a simple ass premise and these dudes keep deflecting from it.

I all ask the question one more time:

What fashion trends have New York brought to the culture after the 00's?

Don't talk around the question, answer it. It's telling that y'all can't point to one thing in the last 12 years New York started :patrice:
What are you talking about no one deflected from shyt you being shown that shyt nikkas wear today was being worn by NY’era 10-15 years ago :mjlol:

This is light work breh VLONE was one of the biggest brands in hip-hop fashion in the 2010’s up to today :heh:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Again!

POP SMOKE AND NY DRILL ARTIST WERE THE FIRST IN AMERICA TO ROCK AND PROMOTE AMIRI.

Do you understand English? And you didn’t even respond to the other brands.

Thank you for proving me right
and I'm telling you Amiri and all those other NY designers that drill rapper wear, got their ideas from UK urban crowd

most NY nikkas dress like how UK mandem dressed over a decade or older

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Regional fashion been dead for I don’t know how long. :wtf:Social media killed regional fashion. Everybody coast to coast dress the same. Hypebeast shyt (i.e. Supreme, Off White, Bape, Gallery Dept.), American rockstar L.A. cac shyt designed merch for companies that make $40k+ leathers for dried up washed up cac metal artists (i.e. Amiri, Chrome Hearts), Eurocac designer merch (i.e. Gucci, Louis, Prada, Dior), predictable shoe game (i.e. Jordan 1, 3, 4 and Nike Dunks in hyped up color ways). And most of the shyt people call designer ain’t even real designer... it’s merch. A $1000 screen print cotton hoodie is merch. You are literally paying for the logo, not the quality of the garment. :ufdup:

And urban fashion been dead since the 2000’s. Black people try to act like Gucci, Prada and Moncler are urban when them racist Eurocacs let nikkas know how they really felt with those blackface designs a few years back.:mjpls:

Cacs have gentrified the shoe game and hypebeast culture too. That’s how mainstream shyt is now. Back in the 90’s and 2000’s, there were urban looks cacs wouldn’t dare touch because they knew they were stepping out of their lane. And many brands that were urban were actually black owned and often owned by prominent people in the culture (i.e. Fubu, Phat Farm, Rocawear).

Nowadays, you can’t tell where nobody is from just by looking at them. :dahell:This ain’t 1994 no more. But trust, there will be a backlash soon. There always is. :shaq2:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
in part nigo built bape off of his love for nyc golden era fly shyte

the pic of biggie with a bape camo jacket over his shoulders is always used as a illustration of how waves start way before the mainstream knows in the nyc streets

pharell is ahead of the curve for sure & pusha/malice by extension but they were not the first on the wave just the first to build a strong relationship with the brand

Facts.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
@GreenGhxst is an example of an insecure southern dude. ASAP who is open minded gives his state a shout out and he runs with it trying to make the awkward claim that the Soho inspired ASAP is 100% Texas influenced.

He said it in songs and interview

That fitted cap cutting on the blood flow to your brain, b

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
and I'm telling you Amiri and all those other NY designers that drill rapper wear, got their ideas from UK urban crowd

I already spoke on this point. Even if it were true - which it isn’t. How does that benefit southerners.

You think you that gives you a point or something?

:ohhh:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Regional fashion been dead for I don’t know how long. :wtf:Social media killed regional fashion. Everybody coast to coast dress the same. Hypebeast shyt (i.e. Supreme, Off White, Bape, Gallery Dept.), American rockstar L.A. cac shyt designed merch for companies that make $40k+ leathers for dried up washed up cac metal artists (i.e. Amiri, Chrome Hearts), Eurocac designer merch (i.e. Gucci, Louis, Prada, Dior), predictable shoe game (i.e. Jordan 1, 3, 4 and Nike Dunks in hyped up color ways). And most of the shyt people call designer ain’t even real designer... it’s merch. A $1000 screen print cotton hoodie is merch. You are literally paying for the logo, not the quality of the garment. :ufdup:

And urban fashion been dead since the 2000’s. Black people try to act like Gucci, Prada and Moncler are urban when they racist Eurocacs let nikkas know how they really felt with those blackface designs a few years back.:mjpls:

Cacs have gentrified the shoe game and hypebeast culture too. That’s how mainstream shyt is now. Back in the 90’s and 2000’s, there were urban looks cacs wouldn’t dare touch because they knew they were stepping out of their lane. And many brands that were urban were actually black owned and often owned by prominent people in the culture (i.e. Fubu, Phat Farm, Rocawear).

Nowadays, you can’t tell where nobody is from just by looking at them. :dahell:This ain’t 1994 no more. But trust, there will be a backlash soon. There always is. :shaq2:

You a bum and can’t dress

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006

Fam. I lived in NYC for years. And they have been on some fly shyt way before then. UK nikkas been taking cues from NYC not vice versa.

I'm talking lobby boys in Brooklyn and the BX rocking $700 Celine hoodies, Givenchy Sneakers, Saint Laurent, Rick Owens Geo Baskets, with the North Face on,

All the stuff you see NY posters talking about its been real like that.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Asap Mob is all Texas Swag all that Trill shyt,slowing down his voice,and purple drank shyt from us.The way they was dressing is how Zro dressed.
he for sure gave his due to screw & texas culture

zro was maison margiela raf & rick down¿

zro brought that high end mixed with black scale preme stussy yadda yadda yadda

that's news to me

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
What a strong argument you have

Facts is facts, y'all birthed hip hop, but the south sure as fukk raised that nikka

NY is like the deadbeat father, G-unit took on southern swag

I’m still baffled you can can look at ASAP Rocky and say he 100% Texas influenced

Yea he def looks like Sauce waka a Texas breh who lived in nyc for a year and made nyc drill tracks

speak on it