Why hasn’t the south created any fashion trends that the rest of us black folks can enjoy?

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
As far as Black American male fashion, for at least 10 years now, it’s mostly been influenced by Black Americans from California and rappers in general. There haven’t been too many trendy clothes that I noticed since skinny jeans, most recently it has been mostly trendy hairstyles for men and some jewelry or shoes.

Knowing that all Black Americans are from the south before our older relatives left during the great migration, and that’s where our culture was created, I think it’s dumb to argue over regions when we are the same ethnic group with the same culture at it’s base. Leave the regional wars to others.

You are a woke FBA/ADOS sista :salute:

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
My t-shirts have been sold in boutiques in LA (Union) and New York (Good Company). Stop taking this personally. I’m giving an opinion about current fashion trends. Grow up.

And I get compliments about my fits all the time. I walk into boutiques with nondescript threads that regularly catch the eye of the retail associates, because they’re from brands you don’t know, apparel that isn’t worn by tasteless goofies like Gunna.

:mjtf:
:duck:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
@GreenGhxst is an example of an insecure southern dude. ASAP who is open minded gives his state a shout out and he runs with it trying to make the awkward claim that the Soho inspired ASAP is 100% Texas influenced.
rocky & the mob politic all over

he gives a lot of shine to nikkas from all over

awge making a few artist from down the i95 look like money

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
It doesn’t matter where the brand is from is who popularized it in the context of urban/hip-hop fashion.

True Religion is from California too but nikkas like Jim Jones get the credit for bringing that to hip-hop.

Timberlands are from Massachusetts and were meant as construction and outdoors boots but NY’ers made them fashionable.

It was not LA rappers or LA nikkas that put on Amiri. It’s a reason Mike Amiri has a personal relationship and sent packages to A boogie who started name dropping his brand on everything like in 2017.
Good points. Repped.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
nikkas that conceal weapons underneath .They still sell out at the hood gas station every month.Also not really fashion wise but hip hop culture is all Houston influenced now.

:laff:

I’ll give you credit with LA. dikkie suits they started. Chucks they started.

ATL is a city that is the capitol of wearing NYC fashion 5-10 years later