Why Has Quarterback Play Been So Scust This Season?

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
There is nothing traditional about the best offenses in college and the pros. And Michigan has beaten up on bottom feeders that are way less talented them all year. Need to wait for them to play a real team.

Yeah JJ McCarthy and that Michigan oline are always going to look when they’re playing the sisters of the poor
I get that, but they have been beating the Penn State's and Ohio State's of the world currently, honestly Georgia last year and the year prior is what Michigan would look like with SEC talent.

Daps
I get that, but they have been beating the Penn State's and Ohio State's of the world currently, honestly Georgia last year and the year prior is what Michigan would look like with SEC talent.
Michigans offense sucks imo and it’s why they’ll never win a title. Georgia ran a legitimate modern nfl offense last year and it was miles ahead of the competition due to their talent. If you’ve got that kind of talent maximize the production which is something michigans offense doesn’t do

That hard nosed just run the ball 1 million times only gets you so far.

For example Iowa, Wisconsin and Michigan and even going back to his Stanford days. His best offensive production was with Andrew luck (generational qb talent)

There’s a reason saban moved away from running those kinds of offenses

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Seems alot more 2nd and third stringers are playing way more than ever before and the gap is huge. Only week 6 and 42 qbs have at least attempted 10 passe

Then you have alot of qbs that are flat out trash, kenny pickett, mac jones, zach wilson, ryan tannenhill, daniel jones

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
Michigans offense sucks imo and it’s why they’ll never win a title. Georgia ran a legitimate modern nfl offense last year and it was miles ahead of the competition due to their talent. If you’ve got that kind of talent maximize the production which is something michigans offense doesn’t do

That hard nosed just run the ball 1 million times only gets you so far.

For example Iowa, Wisconsin and Michigan and even going back to his Stanford days. His best offensive production was with Andrew luck (generational qb talent)

There’s a reason saban moved away from running those kinds of offenses
No I get that, but also the talent at the skill position would play big part in that, UGA and Bama's receivers shyt over the type of receivers that Michigan has or had (I think the year they had Nico Collins/DPJ/Tarik Black was their best set they had, but Shea Patterson was kinda ass at QB) and can get, but that's also why they probably use a heavy-run first scheme since if your best offensive player is the running back, might as well have him touch the ball constantly.

With JJ taking the starting spot fully, it actually looks like Michigan is trying to pass the ball a good amount now, maybe if the receivers they have can grow into the role, then the offense will evolve more, but after this year they may be back at the drawing board if JJ declares since some scouts are saying he might be a top-10 pick in the draft possibly.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
It's kinda funny seeing all the spread offenses in college and then you see Harbaugh and Michigan running their offense and shyt is like night and day, lean heavy on the run with 2/3 backs and then let the QB pick you apart when the box is stacked.
Yeah, I admit, those fakkits and their fakkit ass coach play somewhat of some smash mouth football.

We got somethin' for their mouths late november though

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At the end of the day QB position is all about:

1.Accuracy
2. Pocket Presence
3. Anticipation

Arm Strength and Running are an extra boost

Alot of OCs have tailored plays to these running QBs strengths. I think Lamar Jackson and some other running QBs will always be inconsistent cuz they don't consistently do the 3 things above.

Also defense has adjusted to the new rules. Alot more nickel DBs, hybrid safetys and LB who can cover now
This. You watch a game and dont know the player and number 1 or 8 or 20 could be anything :heh:. You knew what Reggie White or Ray Lewis was playing even without a number and more importantly you knew where they were lining up. They are moving in this positionless direction where you got all these 4.4 running dudes all over the place.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Michigans offense sucks imo and it’s why they’ll never win a title.
You smoke fukking crack lmao. Michigan is gonna have 7 guys drafted in the 1st 4 rounds on offense. They are near the top in every advanced metric for offensive production. Of course anyone is going to look weak the last 2 years compared to fukking Georgia. :skip:An offense that put up 43 and 45 points on Ohio State 2 years in a row sucks :laff:

This is why I can’t stand y’all, it’s either you’re #1 or you’re trash. Skip Bayless ass dummy analysis.

Daps
You smoke fukking crack lmao. Michigan is gonna have 7 guys drafted in the 1st 4 rounds on offense. They are near the top in every advanced metric for offensive production. Of course anyone is going to look weak the last 2 years compared to fukking Georgia. :skip:An offense that put up 43 and 45 points on Ohio State 2 years in a row sucks :laff:

This is why I can’t stand y’all, it’s either you’re #1 or you’re trash. Skip Bayless ass dummy analysis.
Ohio State's defenses have been ass the past two years. There's a reason that Michigan getting a winning streak over them coincided with Ohio State taking a major step back defensively. I'm pretty sure Ohio State smacks y'all this year based solely on their defense is seemingly back to playing at an elite level.

There isn't a single special thing about Michigan's offensive attack. It's always gonna dominate lesser opponents because they don't have the athletes to match that physicality. You guys also haven't played a single fukking defense with a pulse.

Once again, Nick Saban went away from that shyt for a reason. It's not even that it's "Garbage" per say it just lacks any kind of creativity and ties your hands behind your backs when you have great athletes on the edges as I'd imagine Michigan does.

@Buckeye Fever Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here but I have plenty of buckeye friends who've said as much themselves.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ohio State's defenses have been ass the past two years. There's a reason that Michigan getting a winning streak over them coincided with Ohio State taking a major step back defensively. I'm pretty sure Ohio State smacks y'all this year based solely on their defense is seemingly back to playing at an elite level.
I’m pretty sure you don’t know shyt about college football so let me help you. Ohio States run game is worse than it was a year ago on a per play bases, they averaged 3 ypc against Maryland who has a trash dline. So that means they are going to have to throw the ball against Michigan. Problem is they are starting a transfer tackle from San Diego state that legitimately might be one of the worse tackles in the big ten east, so they are seeing far more pressures than ever before. Against an all world defensive line in Michigan that is going yo be bad news. There is a reason Ohio states offense looked pedestrian vs Notre Dame and you’ll see the same against Penn State this weekend who probably have the best unit in the country.

Ohio States defense is good but nothing special. Maryland and Notre Dame moved the ball at will. I don’t know where you are getting the idea their defense has made a leap based on visible evidence. Especially with Michigan being significantly better than an already elite unit last year.

Lastly, Ohio Statss inability to beat Michigan has coincided with adopting an NFL scheme in defense that forced college QB’s to maintain perfection between the 20’s and sustain drives. Urban Meyer as a coach preached you have to have explosives in the college game because you can’t expect college QB’s to drive the length of the field with mistakes. Especially in the red zone where the margin for error is smaller. Michigan has forced Ohio State to kick field goals the last 2 years by limiting explosives and that’s been the difference.

They are still a finesse basketball on grass team and I don’t see any reason why it would be successful against a loaded Michigan team in cold late November Ann Arbor than it’s been the last 2 years.

There isn't a single special thing about Michigan's offensive attack. It's always gonna dominate lesser opponents because they don't have the athletes to match that physicality.
JJ is special. Corum is special(2nd RB taken according to Mel Kiper). The 3 NFL interior lineman are special. Colston Lovrland is probably going to be a 1st or early 2nd round when he is draft eligible. I don’t even really know how to respond to this idiocy :skip:

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Shouldn't be a surprise...there's only 2-3 truly elite QBs in the game...a handful more of mid, and the rest are borderline trash

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
it’s crazy because This season has the most black starting QB’s too :snoop: