Why Has Quarterback Play Been So Scust This Season?

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
NFL is about the evolution of offensive schemes and defensive schemes adjusting to that
Eagles fans seeing it first hand as Hurts and our offense doesn't look as good as it did last year because defensive schemes are forcing the team to do something else and the new OC is trying to build off last years foundation.
The best offensive schemer right now, Mike McDaniel, has the best QB play and explosive offense right now and a lot of teams are probably going to copy bits and pieces of that while defenses eventually adjust

Daps
NFL is about the evolution of offensive schemes and defensive schemes adjusting to that
Eagles fans seeing it first hand as Hurts and our offense doesn't look as good as it did last year because defensive schemes are forcing the team to do something else and the new OC is trying to build off last years foundation.
The best offensive schemer right now, Mike McDaniel, has the best QB play and explosive offense right now and a lot of teams are probably going to copy bits and pieces of that while defenses eventually adjust
Defenses adjusted after last season then mcdaniel made adjustments that made the offense even more deadly and effective. The guy is an incredible offensive mind

With that said we have to keep in mind the best defense we’ve played slowed us down. Unless Fangio can get that dolphins defense too a good point none of this matters

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It'll be interesting but in terms of talent on paper it'll still be:

1. OSU
2. Mich
3. USC/PSU
4. PSU/USC
5. Oregon
6. The rest... (UW, Wisky, MSU, Iowa, UCLA, etc. aren't recruiting like the teams listed above)
Penn State will have out recruited Michigan the last 3 years. If James Franklin ever figures out how to craft and oline they gonna be a problem.
Wait you think JJ Mccarthy is special? :mjlol:

Yes :skip: He leads the nation in QBR despite not playing a 4th quarter. Do even watch the games? He was a projected 2nd round draft pick out of high school and was the #6 QB recruit in the nation ahead of McCord and Shadeur. What is special to you?

You obviously are missing my point here. "Our interior lineman are special".... What are we doing here?

Yes oline is apart of football. The most important part actually :skip: the only non-special part of our offense is our 2 tackles who are good but not great, and arguably our receivers, but considering Roman Wilson is leading the country in tuddies, and we saw what CJ did to OSU last year I’m comfortable with our situation.

Ive also forgotten more than you know about college football,
yeah I’m sure you don’t even know the difference between duo, power and zone. As to why you equate Michigans offense with some sort of 1970’s power I instead the intricate schematically complicated offense that’s won the Joe Moore award 2 years in a row. Also why you seem to think “fukk it, Marvin Harrison Jr is down there somewhere” is some innovative scheme.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Penn State will have out recruited Michigan the last 3 years. If James Franklin ever figures out how to craft and oline they gonna be a problem.

Yes :skip: He leads the nation in QBR despite not playing a 4th quarter. Do even watch the games? He was a projected 2nd round draft pick out of high school and was the #6 QB recruit in the nation ahead of McCord and Shadeur. What is special to you?

Yes oline is apart of football. The most important part actually :skip: the only non-special part of our offense is our 2 tackles who are good but not great, and arguably our receivers, but considering Roman Wilson is leading the country in tuddies, and we saw what CJ did to OSU last year I’m comfortable with our situation.

yeah I’m sure you don’t even know the difference between duo, power and zone. As to why you equate Michigans offense with some sort of 1970’s power I instead the intricate schematically complicated offense that’s won the Joe Moore award 2 years in a row. Also why you seem to think “fukk it, Marvin Harrison Jr is down there somewhere” is some innovative scheme.
Just not a believer in James Franklin's ability to win multiple big games in one year. If they beat OSU they'll lose to y'all, if they somehow beat both (he's never beaten a quality Michigan team, and PSU hasn't beaten both OSU/MI in the same year in 15 years), he'll somehow lose to Wisconsin or MSU or someone else.

If the OSU game was in Happy Valley this year, I'd say PSU wins, but being in columbus means they have even less margin for error, and I say this as someone that isn't a big believer in this OSU team/Ryan Day, but I have even less faith in Franklin to make the playoffs.

This is PSU's best year of any to make a playoff run, but unfortunately for them, it coincides with Mich having their best team in 25 years, and playing OSU in CBus.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just not a believer in James Franklin's ability to win multiple big games in one year. If they beat OSU they'll lose to y'all, if they somehow beat both (he's never beaten a quality Michigan team, and PSU hasn't beaten both OSU/MI in the same year in 15 years), he'll somehow lose to Wisconsin or MSU or someone else.

If the OSU game was in Happy Valley this year, I'd say PSU wins, but being in columbus means they have even less margin for error, and I say this as someone that isn't a big believer in this OSU team/Ryan Day, but I have even less faith in Franklin to make the playoffs.

This is PSU's best year of any to make a playoff run, but unfortunately for them, it coincides with Mich having their best team in 25 years, and playing OSU in CBus.

Yeah, it’ll all depend if they can keep Alar clean in the pocket and dink and dunk their way to 27 points. Again explosives are gonna favor OSU, Penn states YPP is awful like 6.0 or some shyt. Though, they might be the only team in the nation that won’t have to bracket Marvin Harrison Jr. Kalen King (Cass tech class 2020) is a dude. I’m really excited about that matchup.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Yeah, it’ll all depend if they can keep Alar clean in the pocket and dink and dunk their way to 27 points. Again explosives are gonna favor OSU, Penn states YPP is awful like 6.0 or some shyt. Though, they might be the only team in the nation that won’t have to bracket Marvin Harrison Jr. Kalen King (Cass tech class 2020) is a dude. I’m really excited about that matchup.
At the very least I think PSU can cover. It's OSU -4.5

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ohio State's defenses have been ass the past two years. There's a reason that Michigan getting a winning streak over them coincided with Ohio State taking a major step back defensively. I'm pretty sure Ohio State smacks y'all this year based solely on their defense is seemingly back to playing at an elite level.

There isn't a single special thing about Michigan's offensive attack. It's always gonna dominate lesser opponents because they don't have the athletes to match that physicality. You guys also haven't played a single fukking defense with a pulse.

Once again, Nick Saban went away from that shyt for a reason. It's not even that it's "Garbage" per say it just lacks any kind of creativity and ties your hands behind your backs when you have great athletes on the edges as I'd imagine Michigan does.

@Buckeye Fever Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here but I have plenty of buckeye friends who've said as much themselves.
So did the end up smacking us? How’s our offensive creativity?