Why Has Quarterback Play Been So Scust This Season?

JesusFOREVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
My Father in Heaven
1. We are still in a transition from the Manning-Brady-Rodgers-Brees era and some of the bad to mediocre qbs from that time are still hanging onto starting jobs as the next wave of college stars come into the league

2. The game has caught up to the quarterback like it did to the running back, the qb will always be important but theyre just not THAT important anymore, Wide Receiver is the new dominant position in the league and the power balance shifts more each year, spending less money on good playcallers and receivers >>> dropping a bag on a quarterback whos not Patrick Mahomes

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
No consistent run games to keep the defense honest :manny:
A whole lot of this. Defenses aren't worried about a lot if these team's run games, so they sell out for the pass knowing that they can limit any running play to 3-4 yards without stacking the box.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
be121d3c-c28e-4511-a2f2-a7d04aa2b5a5-goff.jpeg

We ain't having those problems breh.
I knew he’d be ok.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
I feel like the lack of changes to the CBA is catching up to QBs, they are making more money than ever but the cap is not adjusted for that inflation so great QBs end up in talent wastelands. Mahomes is making it work, but the rest, not so much.

Brady was actually offsetting the balance by leaving Ms on the board and taking team friendly deals. This new crop of QBs want their money.

Nah, I love QBs not dominating as much, creates a more varied game.
this. rep.

I also think the bar has been lowered on the ceiling of NFL Qbs. Since the NFL has started adapting more college style offensive principles theyre willing to take more and more qbs who are undersized, have weaker arms, and cant read defenses compared to qbs of past who were typically over 6'0 and were expected to have full command of the offense.