Why Dont More Adults Fix Their Teeth?

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
My braces cost over 10k (only top) in 1998.

My invisalign cost 2.5k in 2014 (top and bottom). But i guess thats apples and oranges, invisalign is cheaper i guess
Invisalign can be cheaper, but it also can't correct more difficult cases, so they aren't an option for folks with severe alignment issues.

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis
I had all four wisdom teeth pulled. I had an auto accident that knocked out my top front and side tooth. Had to get implants and they had to do something to get my gums to come down over them because they recessed after the gum around the missing tooth heal. It would have been real ugly had they not... would've looked like two stakes in a picked fence up there.

Painful and expensive.

Insurance only covered a partial denture or bridge. However, my teeth always been white and perfect so I wasn't risking damaging my other teeth.

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
i sell dental insurance....

Dental work is expensive ASF and insurance doesn't cover much and has waiting periods .. :gucci:

Thank god i have great teeth .. :blessed:

Spent 4500 on braces for my daughter tho :francis:

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
This is a sad topic

You can go oversees to other countries like Cuba and Mexico and Hungary to get cheaper alternatives to American dental work.

Protect your teeth' eyes and hearing.

lol.. Breh... bytches call me and hear how much shyt costs.... they be like...

FUUHHHK THAT!! im going to Mexico

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Im talking alignment moreso than color.

Everytime i see an adult with jacked up teeth i just wonder why not get it fixed? What do you guys think? I think mainly cost/time/discomfort but maybe people dont care as much about teeth as i do?

Randon thought

You are out of touch like a motherfukker :mjlol:. A lot of low income adults don't have basic insurance non the less money for cosmetic procedures. :gucci:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Had braces in middle school but I didn’t finish it completely. I took em out too early for no good reason. :francis:

My teeth are pretty well aligned but I have a slight underbite in between my canines. But my smile is well aligned. Like an 8.5/10 :ld:

I might actually look into braces again. And this time actually wear a retainer afterwards. Not gonna be a fan of the rubber bands though.

Good post OP. I got a Dentist appt. in a few weeks. I’ll ask them their assessment of my teeth as it concerns braces.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dentist quoted me $5350 and a 14 month estimate for wearing them.
He woulda caught hands cussing at me like that. Its not the same thing but I got a crack on my car spoiler and they quoted me $800 to fix it. The lil white lady with the accent was gonna catch a stunner.

I wanna get Invisalign myself but need to prioritize my knee when the time comes. When they start talking anything in the 5ks, its no wonder most people walk around with various things bothering them. 5k for a lot of folks is 4-5 months of wages IF they dont spent a dime. That shyt is not an easy pill to swallow.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
There is no excuse imo. Braces legit cost like 2500. 99% of places will let you put a g down and pay like 25 a month.

People sleep on how having ur teeth banged up hurts ur career...
say there's no excuse then throw out 2500...like that aint a hurdle (and on the low end per all the quotes in here) brehs. a lot of people who don't have a g in their bank account and have real bills - rent, car, kids, etc - that need prioritization over cosmetics. cost is very much an excuse for all the folks living poverty/low income life

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Sista you fine. Your man didn't leave you cause your teeth ain't perfect. A man will leave they old lady if they snaggle toof or they missing a leg or they a midget. A man ain't leaving you cause you got one crooked tooth.

If he broke up with you cause if one crooked tooth that boy crazy.

thank you I was being melodramatic
I’m sure my attitude played a part but il blame it on the teeth instead taking accountability let me be stubborn for a little while lol
My oral hygiene definitely benefited from braces, I had about 3/4 different toothbrushes and you get into the habit of going to the hygienist to get them polished

that is one good thing about the UK NHS braces are free under 18 and my retainer was free as an adult.