Why Does the Group w/ the Least Assets List Asset Forfeiture as the Main Reason not to Marry?

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Posting disparaging remarks about black women is not the way to go if you want a productive conversation. Because the next logical response is to post in-kind about black men. Then you'll call her a black man basher when really she is just responding to what she feels is being given out.

Being that many men on here feel they are more logical than women, what is the proper way to address the OP so that it doesn't become a black male bashing session? :jbhmm:
You assume people want a productive conversation.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
A minority of blacks were getting married during the slavery era. Although SOME families remained intact, the majority of them were broken up; those that were kept in tact contained more unwed couples than not. Slavery did a bang-on job of creating a seeming endless separation of the black family unit.

And blacks do get married; we just get married at older ages than other racial groups.

Furthermore, black men who who do marry do so with black women at over an 84% rate.

I don't understand why certain people are implicitly positing that black men are anti-commitment or ignorant to the importance of the family unit.
Unwed couples? Sources? I believe that's a huge misconception. I'm reading some scholarly works on this and I'll link my sources when I can.

As for black men being non commital that's utter nonsense. Plenty of black men and women want to get married and to each other theres just hesitancy for one reason or another.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Idk sometimes I feel as a black man even when we accomplished at we gotta have outside threats willing to destroy and take half of what we made on pur own.

Marriage a divorce laws are bullshyt in this economy in this day and age there is no feasible reason for a man to pay alimony to a woman who can work. There is no reason he should pay her spousal support, kicked out of his home and the woman is given custody of the kids by default.

Does that sound "fair" to you??? :leostare:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Idk sometimes I feel as a black man even when we accomplished at we gotta have outside threats willing to destroy and take half of what we made on pur own.

Marriage a divorce laws are bullshyt in this economy in this day and age there is no feasible reason for a man to pay alimony to a woman who can work. There is no reason he should pay her spousal support, kicked out of his home and the woman is given custody of the kids by default.

Choose better women.

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
:AIwhat:
A person with fewer resources (or none) will suffer more from divorce than a person with more resources.

I understand your point. The thing is black men have fukk all to lose because his wife probably has more or equal amount anyway. There is no HUGE disparity between black men and women and if there is its the black woman having far more to lose than the black man.

fèmen bouch ou

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I'm not talking about hoes and hood rats here I'm talking about down ass bytches. It doesn't matter if you choose better women.

Last edited:

thewiz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Choose better women.

You can choose better women but at the same time you never really know if someone has ulterior motives

Like I said earlier marriage is continually becoming something viewed as a joke.. there's the money aspect, people rushing to marry someone they're not completely sure of being with for the rest of their life, and people who don't want to work on their marital issues so they get a divorce.. shyt is unfortunate

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Your analysis is wrong op ,a person with less resources, education ,physical ability has more to lose

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215

No offense with bold but most dudes on here aren't going to be paying alimony any way so whats the big deal for probably 90% of the board regarding it? My friend makes about 90k a year and didn't have to pay it to his wife when they got divorced and while that's not fukk you money its decent for a lot of folks and if he didn't have to pay it I doubt cats on here who mostly aren't making that much are going to pay it. If they do their lawyer must be ass. Also you know instead of worrying about this stuff you can just set up a prenup. Its not that hard and as long as you're not trying to do shady stuff its hard to get them overturned.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
You can choose better women but at the same time you never really know if someone has ulterior motives

Like I said earlier marriage is continually becoming something viewed as a joke.. there's the money aspect, people rushing to marry someone they're not completely sure of being with for the rest of their life, and people who don't want to work on their marital issues so they get a divorce.. shyt is unfortunate
We live in a microwave society where too many feels they must be perfect for some reason that's why.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
I understand your point. The thing is black men have fukk all to lose because his wife probably has more or equal amount anyway. There is no HUGE disparity between black men and women and if there is its the black woman having far more to lose than the black man.

fèmen bouch ou

Divorce laws overwhelmingly favor women, regardless of who owns what assets and doubly so when children are involved.

:hush:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
No offense with bold but most dudes on here aren't going to be paying alimony any way so whats the big deal for probably 90% of the board regarding it? My friend makes about 90k a year and didn't have to pay it to his wife when they got divorced and while that's not fukk you money its decent for a lot of folks and if he didn't have to pay it I doubt cats on here who mostly aren't making that much are going to pay it. If they do their lawyer must be ass. Also you know instead of worrying about this stuff you can just set up a prenup. Its not that hard and as long as you're not trying to do shady stuff its hard to get them overturned.

Every state is different concerning alimony laws.... :comeon: its not set across the board to not pay a chick...

Google it. You'll see...

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Every state is different concerning alimony laws.... :comeon: its not set across the board to not pay a chick...

Google it. You'll see...
:comeon: Still only abut 15% of cats pay alimony that was my main point and most of the cats here on that shyt don't have to worry about it cause their money ain't long enough. Google it you'll see...

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
How many men want primary or even joint custody of their children? Especially if those kids are babies? Stop it.

Show me proof that the majority of men don't.

The fact that divorce cases are highly and hotly contested litigation cases tells you everything you need to know.

:getout: