Why Does the Group w/ the Least Assets List Asset Forfeiture as the Main Reason not to Marry?

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
Idk sometimes I feel as a black man even when we accomplished at we gotta have outside threats willing to destroy and take half of what we made on pur own.

Marriage a divorce laws are bullshyt in this economy in this day and age there is no feasible reason for a man to pay alimony to a woman who can work. There is no reason he should pay her spousal support, kicked out of his home and the woman is given custody of the kids by default.

Does that sound "fair" to you??? :leostare:

Most divorcees don't get alimony though.

Stay-at-Home Mom Facing Divorce? Don't Expect Alimony

Increasingly, this is what what’s happening in divorce courts across the country. Nearly every state is revisiting its laws on alimony — or “maintenance” — in divorce cases, and the trend is universal: more limits on length of support, and standardization on sums doled out. And in many cases, maintenance is denied all together, even for women who have not worked for decades.

I've always been like :mindblown: when men say they don't want to "lose half", but they want their wives to be stay at home moms, it's like they want women to be out of the workforce for years so when they leave them, they'll be poor. It's disgusting, honestly. But I guess now you guys can get what you want, you can make your wife be a stay at home mom then after you divorce her she won't be able to take care of herself. win win for you.

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yeah I agree with the first one cause we see how women act when you don't have baseline money. Even more than how the avg woman acts is how it makes you feel because we have the roles of provider and that's something we're supposed to do like it or not.

Interestingly, from that same report:
As the share of never-married adults has climbed, the economic circumstances faced by both men and women have changed considerably. Labor force participation among men—particularly young men—has fallen significantly over the past several decades. In 1960, 93% of men ages 25 to 34 were in the labor force; by 2012 that share had fallen to 82%. And among young men who are employed, wages have fallen over the past few decades. For men ages 25 to 34, median hourly wages have declined 20% since 1980 (after adjusting for inflation). Over the same period, the wage gap between men and women has narrowed. In 2012, among workers ages 25 to 34, women’s hourly earnings were 93% those of men. In 1980, the ratio was less than 70%.6

The new Pew Research survey findings suggest that never-married women place a high premium on finding a spouse with a steady job. However, the changes in the labor market have contributed to a shrinking pool of available employed young men.

Among never-married adults ages 25 to 34, the number of employed men per 100 women dropped from 139 in 1960 to 91 in 2012, despite the fact that men in this age group outnumber young women in absolute numbers. In other words, if all never-married young women in 2012 wanted to find a young employed man who had also never been married, 9% of them would fail, simply because there are not enough men in the target group. Five decades ago, never-married young women had a much larger pool of potential spouses from which to choose.

So amongst men, especially younger men, more are unemployed than in years past and wages have actually fallen over the past few decades for those who are working. Women do place a premium on a spouse with a steady job. Men do have it drilled into us that we're supposed to be providers, at least to some degree. Young adults in general say financial security is a big hurdle to getting married.

If you're a guy with half a brain, you likely know some of these things on some level and if you're not in a good place financially, it'd make you really hesitant to get married.

This topic's a lot deeper than the broke cats who say alimony is the main reason they don't want to get married

No offense with bold but most dudes on here aren't going to be paying alimony any way so whats the big deal for probably 90% of the board regarding it? My friend makes about 90k a year and didn't have to pay it to his wife when they got divorced and while that's not fukk you money its decent for a lot of folks and if he didn't have to pay it I doubt cats on here who mostly aren't making that much are going to pay it. If they do their lawyer must be ass. Also you know instead of worrying about this stuff you can just set up a prenup. Its not that hard and as long as you're not trying to do shady stuff its hard to get them overturned.

A couple of posters already touched on this point. Dudes who don't have much to their name worry more about any possibility of losing whatever they do have.

It's pretty irrational (half of nothing is still nothing) when you actually look at the stats surrounding alimony, but when have people ever been perfectly rational?

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
I think its retarded. Same ones worried about their imaginary assets promote silly shyt like side chicks.

"There's no benefits to marriage in America" :rudy: says men who don't bring nothing to the table. At all. Cannot provide for themselves let alone a wife and family. Want to uphold traditional gender roles while they expect their wife works full time and somehow also raises the kids. shyt is mad dumb.

Because divorce can cripple a poor man. You can tell you're a woman with this silly ass post. I know a dude right now who's 40 and lost his house to his wife and had to move back home with his momma because his finances got destroyed, paying shyt he can't afford to his ex. Richer men can eat that cost and go on with their lives. Poorer men can't, thus they worry about it more. I can't believe anybody dapped your post.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Idk sometimes I feel as a black man even when we accomplished at we gotta have outside threats willing to destroy and take half of what we made on pur own.

Marriage a divorce laws are bullshyt in this economy in this day and age there is no feasible reason for a man to pay alimony to a woman who can work. There is no reason he should pay her spousal support, kicked out of his home and the woman is given custody of the kids by default.

This is not the default outcome.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

u
If you and your wife focus on tripling your worth early on in the marriage, then you're already leaving with more than what you came in with. If you both don't have shyt, then it should be easy. I personally think people are a afraid or something to get their money up in marriage, that's like one of the main purposes, imo. Yall get your money up and that's one less thing to worry about...even if you divorce.

freetroit

Banned
Daps
Feminism destroyed marriage

Why provide and protect someone who is supposedly your equal

Women want to do what they want you cant control them

The only reason men marry and take care of women is to have exclusive access to her sexually and get services from her such as fellatio and cooking and cleaning. it is a form of insecurity on the mans part because its really trying to control a woman through money

Modern women fukk alot of different men and become acclimated to the lifestyle

Why pay for services you are less likely to get?

Might as well just hire a maid

Daps
I think black people have it backwards for the most part. We try to get ourselves on and then think we can meet someone equally yoked. Other races get married and work together to build. Like i worked with women (white) who's husbands were still in med/dental school and they were working and being supportive. Where as black people would rather work, go to school, build up debt by themselves before they get married.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Feminism destroyed marriage

Why provide and protect someone who is supposedly your equal

Women want to do what they want you cant control them

The only reason men marry and take care of women is to have exclusive access to her sexually and get services from her such as fellatio and cooking and cleaning. it is a form of insecurity on the mans part because its really trying to control a woman through money

Modern women fukk alot of different men and become acclimated to the lifestyle

Why pay for services you are less likely to get?

Might as well just hire a maid
There has NEVER been a point in history where American black males were fully doing that for black women, so you all can cut the bullshyt.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
During segregation we were fully doing that

No, you weren't. Black women have ALWAYS had to work and help to provide for the household all while still being expected to take care of all the household duties.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
No, you weren't. Black women have ALWAYS had to work and help to provide for the household all while still being expected to take care of all the household duties.
Thats supporting not providing.

The black men still provided back then.

Shows like Everybody hates Chris references this even past segregation.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Thats supporting not providing.

The black men still provided back then.

Shows like Everybody hates Chris references this even past segregation.
The fukk? Adding income to the home is PROVIDING.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
The fukk? Adding income to the home is PROVIDING.
Its only providing if your the only person providing the income or your the main person providing the income with the partner barely providing much.

Back then it was mainly men who provide for the family with women to support.