Why Does the Group w/ the Least Assets List Asset Forfeiture as the Main Reason not to Marry?

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I posted multiple sources (upon request) that provided statistics and expounded on how black women are the least likely group of women to be married. Hence, I was posting facts. My intention was to provide context to an otherwise lopsided topic.
Except that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. The question is if asset forfeiture is the main reason not to marry then why aren't the marriage rates lower in groups with more assets. This isn't a pissing contest about who gets married more, but as usual your obsession and hatred of me are blinding you from the actual subject of discussion.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Socio economics deals with more than just wealth...
We've always been at the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder in this country, so please do expound on how that affected the rates of marriage in our "community".

Last edited:

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Except that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. The question is if asset forfeiture is the main reason not to marry then why aren't the marriage rates lower in groups with more assets. This isn't a pissing contest about who gets married more, but as usual your obsession and hatred of me are blinding you from the actual subject of discussion.

Multiple men (including myself) have already addressed your main question. We told you why: the risk of divorce for men with limited/no assets is particularly significant for them; men who already have little in assets can be reduced to having damn near nothing as a result of divorce (a 50% likelihood), as opposed to men who are married with more assets. Stop rehashing a settled topic.

thewiz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
We've always been at the bottom if the socioeconomic latter in this country, so please do expound on how that affected the rates of marriage in our "community".

i already answered that in my previous posts :snoop:.

It's unfortunate that you have to be one sided about everything and pin all of the black community's problems on black men

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i already answered that in my previous posts :snoop:.

It's unfortunate that you have to be one sided about everything and pin all of the black community's problems on black men
I don't pin all of our problems on black men just most. :manny:

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Why not here?

Well, how many black men are going to respond to this question in here? Seems like the sort of question you'd want to get an answer for from straight from the source.

Beyond that though, the topic title alone is enough to get a rise of out dudes. So that and it being posted here makes me curious. Like I said, if it's meant to be a circle jerk type of thread, then I've got my answer already. Or if it's to avoid the typical shytshow this type of thread would end up devolving into (since I'm sure this would've went plat by now or would be well on its way for all the wrong reasons elsewhere), then that'd also make sense

Otherwise, I'm not seeing it. I'm just relying on a bunch of assumptions, so I'd rather ask and satisfy my curiosity

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Wouldn't it make more sense for groups with the most assets to have the lower marriage rates if this is the primary reason for not marrying? What do you think?
Because women are whores and giving up p*ssy for free while having the attitude of a woman you dont want to marry.

By the time they do want to get married the p*ssy been dug out by too many nikkas to see the value in it, when it comes with all that LIP, all that OBESITY and or all that lack of cooking.

Theres no reason to get married.

You're talking about men who use slogans as an excuse to just fukk women who arent worth marrying.

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Do you think that it's all just a cover for black males not being interested in monogamy, and with marriage being the ultimate form of monogamy their apprehension to it is understandable?

I think any apprehension to marriage has less to do with black men being worried about losing half and more to do with a lot of the things noted in this article:

Record Share of Americans Have Never Been Married

Two of the key points they noted:
  • For young adults who want to get married, financial security is a significant hurdle. Compared with their older counterparts, young adults who have never been married are more likely to cite financial security as the main reason for not being currently married (34% of those ages 25 to 34 compared with 20% of those 35 and older).
  • Among young, never-married blacks, women outnumber men. For blacks ages 25 to 34, there are 92 never-married men for every 100 never-married women. When employment status is taken into consideration, there are 51 employed young black men for every 100 young black women. Among never-married white, Hispanic and Asian American young adults, the ratio of employed men to women is roughly equal—100 men for every 100 women. Several decades ago, there was a surplus of young employed men among whites, and for every 100 young black women, there were nearly 90 employed black men.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I think any apprehension to marriage has less to do with black men being worried about losing half and more to do with a lot of the things noted in this article:

Record Share of Americans Have Never Been Married

Two of the key points they noted:
Yeah I agree with the first one cause we see how women act when you don't have baseline money. Even more than how the avg woman acts is how it makes you feel because we have the roles of provider and that's something we're supposed to do like it or not.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I know it's subjective, that's why I said for more reasons than monetary concerns but in this day and age marriage is damn near considered a joke and just a business contract... people don't even attempt to work marital problems out and there's people getting married 3, 4 times. Not even about to go in depth but the socio economic conditions of blacks is the cause of limited family unity.. you tend to only look at the effects of things rather than the cause

During slavery, black people were getting married to each other. Even under the constant threat of their families being broken apart they still got married. What do you think the root cause of contemporary black not getting married is? What's stopping them?

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
During slavery, black people were getting married to each other. Even under the constant threat of their families being broken apart they still got married. What do you think the root cause of contemporary black not getting married is? What's stopping them?

A minority of blacks were getting married during the slavery era. Although SOME families remained intact, the majority of them were broken up; those that were kept in tact contained more unwed couples than not. Slavery did a bang-on job of creating a seeming endless separation of the black family unit.

And blacks do get married; we just get married at older ages than other racial groups.

Furthermore, black men who who do marry do so with black women at over an 84% rate.

I don't understand why certain people are implicitly positing that black men are anti-commitment or ignorant to the importance of the family unit.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
uhDURRRR...because they have the least assets!

Therefore, forefeiture of said assets is a bigger problem for them than other "groups".