Why does the Coli hate landlord's so much?

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
there is a change. the change is there's no mortgage to pay so you aint coming out of poccet as much. The moratorium is over next month anyways, yall gone get ya $ , hopefully.
But again, the sentiment of telling one person "dont rely on someone" to pay your bills yet condoning another person to rely on someone else to let you live in their house. Its just interesting that people dont understand that everyone is facing the same money crisis but the only person that has financial liabilities on top of it is met with "thats your fault". Having a mortgage or not doesnt stop the financial hardship of owning a home, especially if its leased. Lessens it, certainly though.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If they do or do not, its economic exploitation bottom line.

These Landlords weren't charging these high percentages of a person's monthly income 20 years ago. 10 years ago, even.
Why is the issue landlord's charging market rent and not the lack of affordable ownership options? If the government can subsidize rent, they can subsidize housing purchases. If they can force the stabilization of rent, they can force the housing price. I'd rather put my energies into forcing affordable ownership than renting. If I'm going to "fukk" Landlord's I'd rather do so in the number of properties available to rent out, rather than the amount they can charge for properties they own.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The nerve of these faggit landlords :mjlol:

ohhh, let me make sure you make 75 times your rent every year, but also let me hold three months of rent before you even step foot inside the apartment, but also, I’m gonna increase your rent by 10% every year while not providing half the amenities outlined in your lease, and I’m also going to take a few months after you move out to return 30% of your security deposit :scheme:

WHY WON’T SOMEONE THINK OF THE LANDLORDS!!!!!! :damn:

The landlords been making a historic killing since gentrification popped off

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Why is the issue landlord's charging market rent and not the lack of affordable ownership options? If the government can subsidize rent, they can subsidize housing purchases. If they can force the stabilization of rent, they can force the housing price. I'd rather put my energies into forcing affordable ownership than renting. If I'm going to "fukk" Landlord's I'd rather do so in the number of properties available to rent out, rather than the amount they can charge for properties they own.

"Market" is unregulated an ,exploitative. Your parents and grandparents never paid those kind of prices or percentages on rent alone back in their day.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Landlords bought up all the housing options so they could lord them over people with no other options but to rent. Let these cockroaches scurry.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
fr , that's like a mf having his only source of income through the stock market, but crying when the market crash ... "shouldve had your ducks in a row and saved for a rainy day... now all that's left to do is pull yourself by the bootstraps"
At the end of the day, landlords have a roof over their head regardless- if they lose or sell a property they still have their own residence to live in. Renters don’t have any flexibility and zero leverage out on the street. The landlords need to adjust for the current climate and economic instability - that’s what they used to tell tenants to do. The majority of renters are not deliberately withholding rental payments; Landlords need to make arrangements and raise their concerns with the billion dollar financial institutions not their hourly wage tenant who was a victim of a layoff or pay reduction.

Daps
Why do some black people on this forum throw a :cape: on for property owners and act like they’re in the monied class and not on the bottom rung of society? Just because you managed to secure a well paying job or own a home doesn’t mean you have to start regurgitating white supremacist talking points and act as if you’re part of a class you will never occupy.

:unimpressed:

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
Because it's an everybody for themselves mentality out here these days. It's a business whether people like it or not. Yes, it's a gamble but guess what? All businesses are a gamble and have risks. The majority of tenants are not going to be able to catch up on payments with their landlords before their leases in and the aid from the stimulus won't be enough to solve their problems. If the government has shown that they don't care, then why would you expect other people to as well? Unfortunately, it's a cold cruel world out here.

The water company in my city ended that exemption months ago and only gave a few days notice to catch up before they shut it off.

Well ultimately my point was don't participate in the dog-eat-dog parts of society and then act surprised when the dogs start barking at you.

At the end of the day those landlords gonna have to do what they gotta do but very few people are gonna sympathize with someone kicking people out their homes for reasons out of their control...justified or not.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"Market" is unregulated an ,exploitative. Your parents and grandparents never paid those kind of prices or percentages on rent alone back in their day.

No more exploitative than the cost of a home for sale. There were recent cases where a black owner's home appraised for less. We're not living in the same age, so I don't expect times to be the same. However, I do think a big chuck of the issue could be remedied with affordable ownership options.

Landlords bought up all the housing options so they could lord them over people with no other options but to rent. Let these cockroaches scurry.
Bolded for truth. There definitely has to be something in place where renters within the community are offered the opportunity to buy first. They do the same here with those $1 properties, but lol the average person doesn't have the $50k it's going to take to get it up to code, nor do they want to live in an up and coming neighborhood. It almost forces the sale to a developer.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imagine you own a few rental properties, have to pay mortgages from your own savings because the renters refuse to pay and society will look down on you if you force those tenants out :skip:
What happens when your savings run out? And the bank forecloses the properties?:pachaha:

Credit goes to shyt, no money left, no more properties:skip:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Imagine you own a few rental properties, have to pay mortgages from your own savings because the renters refuse to pay and society will look down on you if you force those tenants out :skip:
What happens when your savings run out? And the bank forecloses the properties?:pachaha:

Get out of real estate and invest in something else. Simple.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps

OH MY GOD!!!! IMAGINE PAYING FOR THE PROPERTIES YOU CLAIM TO OWN!!!! :damn: