Why does the Coli hate landlord's so much?

DreadBrown

Feed the children
Daps
I’m about to be a landlord end of next year once we pay off our current home and move. I think Coli brehs are mad they aren’t in the landlords situation of owning someone else’s shelter and making money off it which is some of the easiest coin people can make in this country.

This is why.

You sound like a prick, look how you worded your post. It’s a business transaction but you sound proud as fukk to ‘own someone else’s shelter’.

:mjpls:

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of landlords aren’t slums or fukk over their tenants as much as some people would like to think.
In my experience, the landlords I've had were really nice, didn't raise rent if it wasn't needed, fixed stuff. In NYC, if you're a small time landlord and you get 1 shytty tenant, that's many months of stress and no rent and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it. I would say most small time landlords are decent and most tenants are decent, only a handful of truly shytty people on both sides. Speaking as both a tenant and a landlord.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
They're in a business and a LOT of land lords are operating on a razor thin margins due to the mortgage being the bulk of the overhead costs. Some landlords try to get around this by scaling thier operations out by taking out mortgages on several properties. To me, that is risky because thier profits are derivative of a good job market which they will need for thier tenants to participate in.

If you are carrying a large overhead and are reliant on a supply of tenants being gainfully employed, you are taking a risk that the job market will always be peachy keen. Again, That's the risk that these landlords decided to take and as we can see now the market may have other plans that do not coincide with your life choices.

I can't feel sorry for them because they made that choice themselves. And no I don't blame them for starting the 3 month eviction process, but they are operating within a state that may or may not have special moratoriums to protect tenants in times of crisis such as a pandemic. Again, that is the risk they entered into.

I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't enter into a rental property unless you can put down at least 60% on the property. Me myself, I will be looking to put down %90 on a rental property by the end of 2021 and I'm doing that to lower the mortgage overhead for times like these.

Last edited:

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
The majority of them have bills and expenses just like you and I. They didn’t purchase homes and property for people to live in for free.

Some of y'all greatly exagerate how much the coli "hates" landlords.

I can't speak for everyone, but me personally I think its fukked up how people who been up to date with their bills for months/years only for some of these landlords to act brand new when folks get behind because the govt told them no forced them to stay home and only gave them a weak ass 1200 to catch up.

But this thread is disengenious anyway.... because the vast majority of landlords in the U.S. are working with their tenants to the best of their ability, but when folks complain about those that aren't, theres people who run into the thread all callous and shyt posting the ":camby:" smiley and shyt. Of course people are gonna feel some type of way when you got folks treating families getting tossed in the street like that.

Then wanna play victim afterwards ":mjcry: Landlords have bills too" ":mjcry:why yall hate landlords"

Well those landlords should be offered those same protections too. Hell my ex just started paying the water company again a few weeks ago after being exempt all summer and fall.

Its bad all over. Why not help each other?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Some of y'all greatly exagerate how much the coli "hates" landlords.

I can't speak for everyone, but me personally I think its fukked up how people who been up to date with their bills for months/years only for some of these landlords to act brand new when folks get behind because the govt told them no forced them to stay home and only gave them a weak ass 1200 to catch up.

But this thread is disengenious anyway.... because the vast majority of landlords in the U.S. are working with their tenants to the best of their ability, but when folks complain about those that aren't, theres people who run into the thread all callous and shyt posting the ":camby:" smiley and shyt. Of course people are gonna feel some type of way when you got folks treating families getting tossed in the street like that.

Then wanna play victim afterwards ":mjcry: Landlords have bills too" ":mjcry:why yall hate landlords"

Well those landlords should be offered those same protections too. Hell my ex just started paying the water company again a few weeks ago after being exempt all summer and fall.

Its bad all over. Why not help each other?

Because it's an everybody for themselves mentality out here these days. It's a business whether people like it or not. Yes, it's a gamble but guess what? All businesses are a gamble and have risks. The majority of tenants are not going to be able to catch up on payments with their landlords before their leases in and the aid from the stimulus won't be enough to solve their problems. If the government has shown that they don't care, then why would you expect other people to as well? Unfortunately, it's a cold cruel world out here.

The water company in my city ended that exemption months ago and only gave a few days notice to catch up before they shut it off.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
The majority of them have bills and expenses just like you and I. They didn’t purchase homes and property for people to live in for free.

Because they are renters. In America everyone hates what they aren’t.

Landlords, Billionaires and Millionaires or even the white collar people moving into gentrified areas.

But I’ll tell you what. Many black people do the exact same things they hate when they finally have that power.

I don’t like landlords like that which is why when I own my house I’m going for a single family house

:yeshrug:

Make it make sense