Why does the Coli hate landlord's so much?

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Just like these landlords telling renters that they should have prepared for a “rainy day”, landlords should have contingencies in place as well- any landlord totally dependent on rent as a sole source of income and willing to put people out for circumstances beyond their control that could potentially expose people’s health and lives to a pandemic crisis that the govt can’t even get under control, then they weren’t all that financial stable to begin with.

if they could do this for free, you know very well that most of the rental market is focused on overpricing, profit and greed:

The Four Seasons on Billionaires' Row, the most expensive street in NYC, is set to house doctors and nurses for free during the coronavirus pandemic

The Four Seasons hotel on Manhattan's Billionaires' Row will be used to house nurses, doctors, and other medical personnel free of charge, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced on Wednesday. Cuomo's press release said the hotel would be the first of several in New York to house healthcare workers at no cost.

"The 350 room hotel will provide medical personnel currently working to respond to the coronavirus outbreak lodging free of charge," the governor's office said in the press release. In Chicago, empty hotel rooms are used to house coronavirus patients and those awaiting test results.

The hotel is on the swanky Billionaires' Row. Business Insider's Katie Warren previously reported that the area includes a set of eight ultraluxury skyscrapers along the southern end of Central Park, as well as Central Park South, which was the most expensive street in the city in 2019. Condos there start at about $3 million and can fetch upward of $60 million.
Yep

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Every industry is a gamble and not just real estate.

COVID-19 fukked over a lot of industries and not just the real estate one. Would you tell those same people to invest in something else?

Yes :yeshrug:

If you claim,to be so good with money, find something else that doesn't involve a vital/essential part of a person's life.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get out of real estate and invest in something else. Simple.

That's the risk. There's always risks in investment. Just pointing out that a lot of these folks are most likely middle class folks not some millionaire real estate moguls.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
"Market" is unregulated an ,exploitative. Your parents and grandparents never paid those kind of prices or percentages on rent alone back in their day.
Right. My parents owned their own home by the time they were 25; and were able to transfer the property to my aunt when they decided to purchase another home when they started having kids. My grandmother and grandfather were able to purchase an entire multi family brownstone in The Bronx where my grandmothers sister, their kids (my aunts, uncles) were all able to live on separate floors comfortably and pool their resources. The majority in that age bracket from this current generation either still live at home or have roommates to make it affordable. I’ve just accepted the fact that my kids will probably live with me forever by the time they get older to a “career” age, lol (I’m halfway joking but being dead real) if this downward trending continues. I’ve seen people trying to rent basements and rooms in their own single family residential homes for $1,500 because they can’t afford their mortgage these days. Greed and excess is catching up to people. There’s ‘for sale’ signs all throughout my neighborhood. These days I couldn’t tell you the names of my neighbors or even know who they are and I’ve been here for a minute. 2021 will be the year of Accountability ;
The Reset continues.....

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I feel for the individual landlords that own like 1 or 2 properties and that's their income.

thats a bad way to earn income. You’re essentially relying on other people to pay your bills.

All of those house flip shows really got people thinking that anyone can be a real estate mogul. It doesn’t work that way.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I may not like Land Lords...

But I DO like Land SHARKS!

Bx4x1wA.png

Peace to my lil homie Jeff!

X9GTV6g.jpg

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Not sure if you're intelligent enough to have this conversation about economics:skip:
Are you intelligent enough to understand that if you are incapable of paying your mortgage every month without being a bloodsucking leech, you shouldn’t be purchasing said property to begin with? What happened to living within your means? Easy credit got you nikkas fukked in the head. Don’t buy properties you can’t afford.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Right. My parents owned their own home by the time they were 25; and were able to transfer the property to my aunt when they decided to purchase another home when they started having kids. My grandmother and grandfather were able to purchase an entire multi family brownstone in The Bronx where my grandmothers sister, their kids (my aunts, uncles) were all able to live on separate floors comfortably and pool their resources. The majority in that age bracket from this current generation either still live at home or have roommates to make it affordable. I’ve just accepted the fact that my kids will probably live with me forever by the time they get older to a “career” age, lol (I’m halfway joking but being dead real) if this downward trending continues. I’ve seen people trying to rent basements and rooms in their own single family residential homes for $1,500 because they can’t afford their mortgage these days. Greed and excess is catching up to people. There’s ‘for sale’ signs all throughout my neighborhood. These days I couldn’t tell you the names of my neighbors or even know who they are and I’ve been here for a minute. 2021 will be the year of Accountability ;
The Reset continues.....

And lemme get this straight.....not one of these pro-real estate posters ever mentioned the outrageous cost of living that was non existent decades ago. They really want people to pay hyper inflated prices and claim it ALWAYS existed. :rudy: Greed and "infinite" money by exploiting the poor took a tool on the outlook of finances on here.....having people thinking they millionaires.