Why does Ryse get hate for the same things the Uncharted series gets praised for?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is Meach in a nutshell

*Makes a thread about two games, One Sony and M$ exclusives or Nintendo*

*Compares unrelated games by simplifying games down to individual elements*

*Says "why is this game praised when X game does the same thing??" as if the part of the game is it's sum*

*gets refuted and called out*

*Says :mindblown: "I'm not bashing it!"

* Says nobody can have a rational discussion without being a fanboy*
*:heh: and :ufdup: thrown in the mix somewhere*

Eat a dikk breh :pacspit:

:umad: cause I'm telling the truth

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And different enemies require different strategy in Ryse. Yet it still gets called repetitive
Being a "means to an end" is not game design that should be praised. You brought it up like it was some great addition to the gameplay. In Ryse you jump over shyt on your way to kill people as well.
You said that shouldn't be a game design that gets praised and in the very next setence you mention how Ryse has you jumping over shyt to kill people as well just to make a comparison of the two and show that there's some sort of variety in the game. I mean what is it?? Bad game design or "My game has that too!!"??

That's exactly what I'm talking about. One game is given the benefit of the doubt due to its stellar production values and the other isn't
So you're just going to ignore the fact that Uncharted has other things going for it to fall back on besides great production values?? You're really thick in the head. Maybe, just MAYBE Uncharted is actually fun to play, has decent length and has a MP portion that's actually fun too??

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
From a review
There has been no game this year that has earned so much criticism before it was released than Ryse: Son of Rome. It is easy for us to enter a “hive” mentality and disregard this game based on the very possibility of it being generic and repetative, but Ryse: Son of Rome is nothing of the sort. This game is not a gilded trinket that is pretty to look at but one that lacks all substance and value. It is, in fact, a remarkable gem with only a few rough edges in the slew of launch games for the Xbox One.

The tale is of Marius Titus is an entertaining one at the very least. Playing this Roman soldier as he rises from a fresh recruit to hardened centurion of the 14thlegion is a fantastic time. Like the majority of Ryse: Son of Rome, the narrative could easily be mistaken for a simple revenge tale, but there is much more beneath the surface. Alluring twists await you at every turn, fascinating characters constantly enter the stage, and an interplay with the Roman Gods are only hinted at. When the tale had come to its mysterious conclusion, it left me with a feeling only few games have, one of satisfactory unease.

Reviewing this title post launch has given me a perspective different from my fellow reviewers. Because of the negative exposure this game received, I expected little to nothing from this game and was floored at how wrong I could be. This is not only an exceptional launch title, but a fantastic game in its own right. There is nothing wrong with a difference of opinion, everyone is entitled to one, and there can be no singular opinion, but when one is ill-informed, that is what irritated me. People who reviewed Ryse: Son of Rome prior to its release, made no attempt to understand the intricacies and timing of combat. They all but ignored gladiator mode, and the depth that it provided. Ryse may be no masterpiece, but it certainly deserves a fairer shake than it received from each and every one of us.

I guess I'm not the only one to hold this opinion

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You said that shouldn't be a game design that gets praised and in the very next setence you mention how Ryse has you jumping over shyt to kill people as well just to make a comparison of the two and show that there's some sort of variety in the game. I mean what is it?? Bad game design or "My game has that too!!"??

It's not bad game design, but it's nothing to brag about. In uncharted it gets looked at as a positive in Ryse it gets looked over.

So you're just going to ignore the fact that Uncharted has other things going for it to fall back on besides great production values?? You're really thick in the head. Maybe, just MAYBE Uncharted is actually fun to play, has decent length and has a MP portion that's actually fun too??
All of that goes the same for Ryse, yet it was trashed for some of the same things uncharted gets a pass for.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I'm not judging Ryse like I said I haven't played it. But let's go here. I clearly remember back on SOHH Xbox fanboys were shytting on Heavenly Sword. I played that game and loved it for the cinematic of it. How many Xbox fans wanna go back and revisit that game and reassess it in the face of Ryse being met with a similar reception? Hell Ryse's reception was worse than the one Heavenly Sword got.

We all know if this was a Sony exclusive game the thread starter wouldn't have bothered to make this thread though.

I actually played and purchased Heavenly Sword on launch and hated the game. Gameplay on that game was complete trash, unlike Ryse. Sorry Ryse is a much better game than heavenly sword, sorry.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Your point?? You found someone else in the world who think Ryse is great, wow.

I mean if I did that for Knack you'd be calling bullshyt amiright?

My point is, y'all ran in here like I was just making shyt up and being a fanboy. I gave a very rational explanation for my opinion yet y'all all ran in here attacking me as usual.

If you had a compelling reason to talk about knack and give your opinion I would not run in your thread and call you a stupid thickheaded fanboy

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:what: do people make threads not to get replies?
Yes, of course.

But there's a difference in making a thread to spark a good discussion and what this thread is. Only reason you threw Uncharted in the title was to get that :troll: alert from posters.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Gizorama :russ:

Get your reviews from Xbox biased sites breh. Disagree with the majority of reviews from unbiased sites which gave it mediocre scores breh.
How is it an Xbox biased site. Is that the catch all comeback now? That site is biased cause I disagree with them.

Metacritic takes scores from plenty of known shifty sites but y'all have no problem quoting those scores :ufdup:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I actually played and purchased Heavenly Sword on launch and hated the game. Gameplay on that game was complete trash, unlike Ryse. Sorry Ryse is a much better game than heavenly sword, sorry.
Understand that you hold the minority opinion in that. the rest of the world overwhelmingly doesn't agree with you
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/ryse-son-of-rome
metascore 60 user score 5.5
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/heavenly-sword
metascore 79 user score 8.3

as with most forms of media one can find redeeming value in subpar examples. there's plenty of bad movies i watched and enjoyed on some level. one of my favorite examples to use is Gone in 60 Seconds. I enjoyed it but I know its a corny bad movie.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My point is, y'all ran in here like I was just making shyt up and being a fanboy. I gave a very rational explanation for my opinion yet y'all all ran in here attacking me as usual.

If you had a compelling reason to talk about knack and give your opinion I would not run in your thread and call you a stupid thickheaded fanboy
Rational
based on or in accordance with reason or logic.
"I'm sure there's a perfectly rational explanation"
synonyms:logical, reasoned, sensible, reasonable, cogent, intelligent, judicious,shrewd, common-sense, commonsensical, sound, prudent;
I'm pretty sure no one in their right mind would think a comparison between a hack and slasher game with heavy QTE elements is comparable to a TPS adventure game.

You kill me with this shtick you do whereby you claim you were respectful, logical and basically uncombative in your posts as if people really are going to be like ":ehhh: you are right."
No you were not rational, you were not keeping it 100 and you always stir up bullshyt from the recesses of your mind just to get replies on here. Don't worry, you can keep having this "rational" discussion with your fellow posters, I'm off to read a book and then watch some Icarly afterwards. :birdman: