Why does Ryse get hate for the same things the Uncharted series gets praised for?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
why did you pick Uncharted? could have picked Tomb Raider or Call of Duty? Both are cinematic and have action. Why in particular did you target one of the more popular critically acclaimed Sony games?

You can sit back and play dumb if you want. We all know you're a Microsoft guy and it wasn't an accident you picked Uncharted.

I don't think anybody here is reminded of Uncharted from what they see of Ryse. One game its a cover based shooter build on set pieces, puzzles, and platforming and the other is a hack and slash game.
Seriously the first game I thought about when I seen Ryse was God of War. Meach again resorting to the usual "Ole y'all not trying to talk ya'll just attacking me and putting words in my mouth" bullshyt.

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Seriously the first game I thought about when I seen Ryse was God of War. Meach again resorting to the usual "Ole y'all not trying to talk ya'll just attacking me and putting words in my mouth" bullshyt.
Any person with eyes can see ryse was heavily influenced by god of war

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're stanning too hard. Change your name to Stannis xboxarous
Some of these dudes just need to justify spending $500+ on a subpar game so they just claim the game is actually great. They'll never admit the game had flaws or if they do like in Meach's case, they'll bring down another game with it.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. No I don't have a problem. This thread is to start a conversation. You know, the kind of thing people do on a forum.

2. No. I said uncharted does a lot of the same things that are called shortcoming for Ryse, but uncharted seems to get a pass for those things

3. Well if you played the game you will understand why I'm comparing it to a cinematic shooter

5. No it doesn't. I've played both and I'm telling you they are not alike.

6. No it's not hard to understand, but if fun was the only factor plenty of games would be reviewed very differently.

7. That's not bashing uncharted its the truth, even the people who came in here and said they were big uncharted fans, said they were fans because of the graphics/production not be gameplay.

8. :mindblown: how is that bashing uncharted? Once again the "cinematics" are what's praised about the game.
And here you are repeating something you read about Ryse from someone else who has not played the game. The executions have nothing to do with kinect. To me they are more comparable to the active reload system in gears of war. They are optional timing exercises that can give you combat boosts if you use them correctly.

In a game like Assasins creed when you hit the kill button you basically watch a kill animation with no input until the animation is over. In Ryse you have the option of timed button presses during that animation in order to get some combat boosts.

People who have not played the game repeating nonsense and telling me I'm making up stuff:snoop:

1. i have no problem with having convos and don't have a problem with the overall question of the thread (why is ryse getting bad scores when it does such and such good?)...the reason it comes off as you having a problem is cause no matter what anyone says, you continue to try to make another game look better by trying to make another game look bad instead of just stating your reasons why you think the bad rated game is getting an unfair rating...using a game to compare as an example is cool, but trying to make it seem like the game you're comparing it to shouldn't be considered good cause of the very reasons the bad game is getting called bad is not cool...

2. you don't see how that's bashing uncharted?...how all the shyt you're saying ryse is getting shytted on for that uncharted does isn't fair and how either ryse should be given a pass or uncharted should be getting shytted on for those too isnt bashing?...how you constantly saying uncharted gets praise only for being cinematic and presentation isn't bashing?....like the other shyt didn't have anything to do with praise...

3 & 5. i'll take your word for it since I haven't played it yet...just find it odd that everyone else compares it to hack/slash games, but you compare to a shooter...but again: don't try to play that bullshyt 'I played it, you didn't' card....cause that would mean a lot of the shyt a lot of yall talk shouldn't be said/taken seriously....especially when yall haven't played games that haven't come out but yet form such deep & strong thoughts/opinions on them...not once have I bashed ryse and I wont unless I play it and it gives me a reason to bash it...

6. no they wouldn't be reviewed differently...i understand why the scores are based on a lot of shyt i dont care about like frame rates, visual output, etc....what i'm saying is fun is the only thing that should matter to us, the gamers....what a game gets scored by others shouldn't matter to you if you find the game fun...

7. lol and you believe that shyt?...those arent fans of the game cause a fan of the series isnt gonna say i'm only a fan cause it looks good since it's more to uncharted than that...they probably saying that shyt to look 'unbiased'...the same shyt happens when talking about music artists: 'repeat some universal praise', but then proceed to bash the artist about everything; but say at the end 'i'm a fan though'......anyway, if uncharted was only about production/graphics, it wouldn't be getting praised like it does...cause a lot of games look good nowadays, but don't get the praise of uncharted...in fact you have to purposely make a 'bad looking' game nowadays...also, I just find it funny that you believe the people's opinions that match yours, but doubt the ones that don't...

8. (look at answer 2)...to add to it: i'm not repeating what I've read, i'm going off what someone whose played the game said that I've talked with...the reason I say i think that part has to do with Kinect is cause it continues even if you get it wrong....it seems like executions were gonna be automatic, but that it was changed to qtes when they decided to make the switch to a non Kinect game...

...I haven't said you made shyt up, i'm repeating shyt from someone I've talked with that has played the game and what I've seen of the game (vids, trailers, not reviews)....just cause I and others don't agree with you doesn't mean we think you lying...that's another example of how you keep showing you have a problem with the opinion the game might just not be fun....cause you're really trying to say your opinion is right and others is wrong....we're stating opinions, not facts...

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Im not reading through this whole thread...

I know because of your dumbazz disclaimer that you know how dumb and stupid this thread you created is @MeachTheMonster .

I was too quick to give you the reigns after courtdog didn't show and prove with his purchase, but since he has you are back to CapoClown status.

Im going to trust that my fellow Stationites delt with you properly, back to mourning the loss of Paul walker the gawd.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of these dudes just need to justify spending $500+ on a subpar game so they just claim the game is actually great. They'll never admit the game had flaws or if they do like in Meach's case, they'll bring down another game with it.

Every generation I owned all both consoles and imo you don't need both systems right now the better buy is ps4. I have both because I got caught in the hype but now after playing both, ps4 is what gamers want,

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
why did you pick Uncharted? could have picked Tomb Raider or Call of Duty? Both are cinematic and have action. Why in particular did you target one of the more popular critically acclaimed Sony games?

You can sit back and play dumb if you want. We all know you're a Microsoft guy and it wasn't an accident you picked Uncharted.

I don't think anybody here is reminded of Uncharted from what they see of Ryse. One game its a cover based shooter build on set pieces, puzzles, and platforming and the other is a hack and slash game.

One of the few non bias peeps on the site whose opinion I respect even when I don't agree.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Its like some people don't get the difference between something being of high quality and something being entertaining.

Let's give an example. Harry Potter movies. I watched the first one. It was of high quality. I found it boring and it wasn't entertaining to me . Same with Lord of The Rings. Neither are bad movies at all just boring to me but that doesn't change the fact that they're well done movies with good writing and stories.

Ryse can be a mediocre title that if you play it with an open mind and have already accepted it for what it is you can enjoy it and find entertainment outta it. even in an average game if you play it with an open mind you'll find likable things they did right in it.

The reality of it is this though. the only people defending the game at this point are known corporate apologist and defenders of Microsoft. people we know aren't gonna say anything too bad about the game in the first place. i'm eyeing copies on Craigslsit now. one is on there for $45 and if he comes down a lil bit i'll buy off him and form my own opinion of it. what's funny is the same people chastising others for speaking on a game they haven't played solely off the review scores will call something like Knack garbage because it got a 55 with them not even giving it that same fair shake.