Why does Ryse get hate for the same things the Uncharted series gets praised for?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm pretty sure no one in their right mind would think a comparison between a hack and slasher game with heavy QTE elements is comparable to a TPS adventure game.

You kill me with this shtick you do whereby you claim you were rational, logical and basically uncombative in your posts as if people really are going to be like ":ehhh: you are right."
No you were not rational, you were not keeping it 100 and you always stir up bullshyt from the recesses of your mind just to get replies on here. Don't worry, you can keep having this "rational" discussion with your fellow posters, I'm off to read a book and then watch some Icarly afterwards. :birdman:

Uncharted is not an adventure game.

Zelda is adventure.

Uncharted is cinematic action.

Ryse is cinematic action

If you can't understand that, then there is nothing I can tell you

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Zelda is adventure.

Ryse is cinematic action

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is an action-adventurethird-person shooterplatformvideo game developed by Naughty Dog and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for thePlayStation 3.[7] It is the sequel to the 2007 game Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. It was first shown and announced on December 1, 2008.[8] Officially announced in the January 2009 issue of Game Informer, it was released in October 2009.[4][6]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncharted_2:_Among_Thieves

bu bu bu but it's has a lot of action so it's not really adventure!! /Meach

Face it genius, you've been played.
-Harry Flynn

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
i get a feeling all the hate is because the game isn't that impressive for being next gen. It's just a current gen game with better graphics :merchant: shouldn't the next be able to include that type of gameplay, on top of the rest of the game being massive like skyrim with tons of weapons etc. weren't these games supposed to be like 100 gb

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Zelda is adventure.

Ryse is cinematic action

Uncharted and Ryse have little to nothing in common. You purposely picked Uncharted because its a darling Sony franchise that has critical acclaim and compared it to Ryse a Microsoft franchise that got shytted on. from there you proceeded to limit the scope of the argument until its so limited they can both be compared favorably to your point then made an argument. if we limit Uncharted to just getting in shootouts and limit Ryse to just hand to hand combat all both become is repetitive in terms of gameplay. many games are cinematic with the level of graphics we have these days. the fact that both games are cinematic has little to do with anything.

We can do this with other games. all Mario is is running and jumping repetitive gameplay. all NBA 2K is is running and shooting. repetitive gameplay. you can condense most games into something that makes them repetitive.

the reason Ryse got shytted on and Uncharted didn't is because quality wise all the other things Uncharted did were obviously enough to distract people from how repetitive it was and apparently with Ryse all the other things it did weren't enough to distract people from its repetitive nature. All games are repetitive at their core nature. this is because all games have a core mechanic that you do to play them and if you limit them to just that they're all repetitive.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
ryse is a good game, after playing and beating it i don't understand the hate

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Uncharted and Ryse have little to nothing in common. You purposely picked Uncharted because its a darling Sony franchise that has critical acclaim and compared it to Ryse a Microsoft franchise that got shytted on.
This is untrue and I stopped reading there. As usual you all ran in and attacked me by creating your own story without even addressing the op.

If you want to talk about something else :camby: make your own thread

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Gizorama :russ:

Get your reviews from Xbox biased sites breh. Disagree with the majority of reviews from unbiased sites which gave it mediocre scores breh.

how is gizorama an xbox bias site?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is untrue and I stopped reading there. As usual you all ran in and attacked me by creating your own story without even addressing the op.

If you want to talk about something else :camby: make your own thread
why did you pick Uncharted? could have picked Tomb Raider or Call of Duty? Both are cinematic and have action. Why in particular did you target one of the more popular critically acclaimed Sony games?

You can sit back and play dumb if you want. We all know you're a Microsoft guy and it wasn't an accident you picked Uncharted.

I don't think anybody here is reminded of Uncharted from what they see of Ryse. One game its a cover based shooter build on set pieces, puzzles, and platforming and the other is a hack and slash game.