Why does Ryse get hate for the same things the Uncharted series gets praised for?

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
It's the truth. And I just layed it out to you.

But if you'd rather continue to repeat shyt you heard from people that have not played the game then more power to you.

Bruh....you just said progression in the game is based on button prompts that have to be hit in sequence...that's a fukking QTE....now you're trying to redefine what a QTE is to make the game seem "deeper," :camby:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
QTE's are a good example of what I was saying on the first page of this thread. plenty of popular games are filled with QTE's, but it's gotten to the point where people people are just over it in general. I think RE6 was the straw that broke my back

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Bruh....you just said progression in the game is based on button prompts that have to be hit in sequence...that's a fukking QTE....now you're trying to redefine what a QTE is to make the game seem "deeper," :camby:

QTE's are what's in God of War

Ryse does not have QTE's. you are trying to redefine QTE's so you can keep up with the pre e3 narative about the game :ufdup:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

Ryse does not have QTE's. you are trying to redefine QTE's so you can keep up with the pre e3 narative about the game :ufdup:

is it true that you complete the executions regardless if you hit the prompted button(s)?

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens

Look if it looks like a QTE, operates like a QTE, and feels like a QTE....it's a QTE.

...and you just finished saying that's what the game is based on.

:snoop:

and it's not just a "pre e3 narrative" based on the fact the game is currently sitting at a 61 metacritic score :dead:

Kodie

Pro
Daps
I played Ryse for 20 minutes at a friend's house on Easy and it seemed alright. I clearly have no basis with which to judge how it actually plays but I saw potential.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:what: that sounds weak as fukk
Nah. On the harder levels you have to complete them or you are gonna die anyway. Without doing so you'll have a weak character with limited moves, and there is no way to replenish your health without getting them right. So even though they complete if you miss the prompts, it is essential for you to get them right if you want to finish the game.

IMO that's really weird. it just seems like they lost whatever direction they had trying to deal with the 'backlash'
It is a new concept and I can understand why people would say its weird. But if you pay attention to them and try to execute them perfectly, then there is some depth and a great sense of accomplishment. And there is a great meta-game of trying to set the enemies up for the most stylish and gruesome executions you can perform. If you just don't care and button mash through it, then the experience is very shallow, the more you put into the system the more you get out of it.

And no the combat system being that way has nothing to do with the backlash. The only thing they changed after the backlash was removing the large buttons above the enemies head and they said those were added just prior to e3.

The explanation behind the system is that it would be accessible for everybody, yet rewarding for those willing to put in the effort, and I think they succeeded at that. My wife could not play DR3, but she had a blast playing Ryse.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
It is a new concept and I can understand why people would say its weird. But if you pay attention to them and try to execute them perfectly, then there is some depth and a great sense of accomplishment. And there is a great meta-game of trying to set the enemies up for the most stylish and gruesome executions you can perform. If you just don't care and button mash through it, then the experience is very shallow, the more you put into the system the more you get out of it.

well what indication do you have that you even pressed the correct buttons, if it carries out the execution anyway?

And no the combat system being that way has nothing to do with the backlash. The only thing they changed after the backlash was removing the large buttons above the enemies head and they said those were added just prior to e3.

you don't know that. the executions could have actually depended on pressing the correct button(s) in those older builds

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Nah. On the harder levels you have to complete them or you are gonna die anyway. Without doing so you'll have a weak character with limited moves, and there is no way to replenish your health without getting them right. So even though they complete if you miss the prompts, it is essential for you to get them right if you want to finish the game.
ah aight, that sounds a lil better. but in other games of the same nature, you miss a button prompt and get smacked up immediately.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
well what indication do you have that you even pressed the correct buttons, if it carries out the execution anyway?
No xp
No health/focus regen
No power boost.

Playing on easy none of this matters, but on hard you'll need to manage your executions and get them right or you will not be able to finish the game.

you don't know that. the executions could have actually depended on pressing the correct button(s) in those older builds
I'm only going by what the devs said, and the fact that it worked the same way before the backlash.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
ah aight, that sounds a lil better. but in other games of the same nature, you miss a button prompt and get smacked up immediately.
Some of them yes, but others just complete the execution for you with no input needed.

Like I said this is a unique concept and I could see why some people would be turned off by it. But if you give it a chance it is a lot of fun and challenging.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
No xp
No health/focus regen
No power boost.

Playing on easy none of this matters, but on hard you'll need to manage your executions and get them right or you will not be able to finish the game.

that sounds a little better, but IMO there should be a more harsh consequence for hitting the wrong buttons. but then that would really seem like a QTE, and that's partly why I think they may have changed things because of the backlash