Why does Ryse get hate for the same things the Uncharted series gets praised for?

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
It was over by the time I was getting tired of it. Had they thrown me in a desert and then right back into an arena with the same goons again, I probably would have quit this one too. But it ended at just the right time.

Well, it's a good thing Ryse's campaign is so short. Companies should make all their games an hour long, so gamers don't tire of their repetitiveness. fukking brilliant.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
All the stuff you have said the game without playing it, was said about the game before it was even in anyone's hands

My point exactly. The only hype about the game came from people such as yourself repeating shyt you read from Sony fanboys.

Not true at all

Not true at all

You don't have to make up stuff to try to prove a point :ufdup:

So you're going to really sit here and say that majority of the impressions of Ryse as soon as it was playable weren't negative overall? :usure:

Ryse got weak scores.

Killzone SF got weak to fair scores.

Knack got weak scores.

What's the problem here? Why you going so hard to defend a wack ass game? If you enjoy it, cool, but dont compare it to a franchise as tried and true as UC.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So you're going to really sit here and say that majority of the impressions of Ryse as soon as it was playable weren't negative overall? :usure:
From the e3 reveal which wasn't playable people came up with the press x to win qte stuff. People still repeat that even though it couldn't be further from the truth. I even saw that repeated in some of the reviews, which proves reviewers are subject to the hype on these forums, just as much as anyone else.

Ryse got weak scores.

Killzone SF got weak to fair scores.

Knack got weak scores.

What's the problem here? Why you going so hard to defend a wack ass game? If you enjoy it, cool, but dont compare it to a franchise as tried and true as UC.
Metacritic does not dictate which games can/should be compared.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
From the e3 reveal which wasn't playable people came up with the press x to win qte stuff. People still repeat that even though it couldn't be further from the truth. I even saw that repeated in some of the reviews, which proves reviewers are subject to the hype on these forums, just as much as anyone else.

x to win is a bit of an exaggeration, true, because in the beginning it's easy to get overwhelmed but once you get the hang of the controls the game becomes quite easy. When you get the execution prompt and the game prompts you to QTE based on color-coded button presses you don't even have to hit the right buttons to kill the enemy. What's the point then?

Metacritic does not dictate which games can/should be compared.

Maybe not but the reviews for this game were accurate IMO.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
x to win is a bit of an exaggeration, true, because in the beginning it's easy to get overwhelmed but once you get the hang of the controls the game becomes quite easy. When you get the execution prompt and the game prompts you to QTE based on color-coded button presses you don't even have to hit the right buttons to kill the enemy. What's the point then?
This post just further proves you have not played the game. Good job trying to weave in some impressions you read, to try to make yourself believable, but it's just not working. Sorry.

Maybe not but the reviews for this game were accurate IMO.
Your opinion about a game you have not played :heh:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
This post just further proves you have not played the game. Good job trying to weave in some impressions you read, to try to make yourself believable, but it's just not working. Sorry.

Your opinion about a game you have not played :heh:

So what did I say was incorrect? I'm used to sony consoles, so the color coded button prompts were jamming me up and I was missing them....but still killing the enemies. You're saying that's not on point?

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
The execution still happens, but you do not get health/xp upgrades and you will not be able to upgrade your character or buy new moves. Toward the end of the game, it's damn there impossible to make it through the fights without getting the executions right.

Oh OK. So the game is heavily based on QTE's then. Thanks for clarifying,

Game is trash.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Oh OK. So the game is heavily based on QTE's then. Thanks for clarifying,

Game is trash.

Nah. They are not QTE's

In any other 3rd person hack and slash, once the character begins the kill animation you have no input. For example in Assasins creed you hit one button and he stabs two people does a flip over one and shoots the other. That's all off one button press.

In Ryse once you start the kill animation you are still engaged in the action by needing to time your button presses with the on screen action. If anything, the combat in Ryse is more involved than a lot of other action games.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Nah. They are not QTE's

In any other 3rd person hack and slash, once the character begins the kill animation you have no input. For example in Assasins creed you hit one button and he stabs two people does a flip over one and shoots the other. That's all off one button press.

In Ryse once you start the kill animation you are still engaged in the action by needing to time your button presses with the on screen action. If anything, the combat in Ryse is more involved than a lot of other action games.

:dead: