Why does Ryse get hate for the same things the Uncharted series gets praised for?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I played a bit of Ryse today and the game is crap. The graphics are lovely at 1080p 60FPS on my PC but the gameplay is boring and tedious. I can't believe people were praising this game. So far the story is nothing to write home about either. I had to stop playing it now because the gameplay was just that boring. I'd liken it to being trapped in a conversation with a person you don't really want to talk to and you keep looking for an exit. I hope it auto-saves because I just quit on it a minute ago.

Also I'm convinced the executions don't matter if you push the buttons at the colored prompts or not. Seem like the game still does them regardless.
But its a Cinematic game. The devs vision was cinematics. It should be judged on that.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But its a Cinematic game. The devs vision was cinematics. It should be judged on that.
Nah, Ryse has plenty of gameplay, fukk outta here. The problem with Ryse is that it's actually ass. I never heard anyone describe Ryse as a cinematic game :mjlol: nikka give it up.

Ryse is garbage. Go to sleep.

The Order>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ryse.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm judging the product they put out and that product has gameplay in it that isn't fun. Why is this developer forming me to press the same buttons over and over again ad nauseum? I've played other cinematic games and the gameplay is serviceable. Uncharted for example. Here the gameplay is tedious and annoying. Hell I'd rather just watch the cutscenes on Youtube and not have to put up with it because it's in the way of my enjoyment of the product.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm judging the product they put out and that product has gameplay in it that isn't fun. Why is this developer forming me to press the same buttons over and over again ad nauseum? I've played other cinematic games and the gameplay is serviceable. Uncharted for example. Here the gameplay is tedious and annoying. Hell I'd rather just watch the cutscenes on Youtube and not have to put up with it because it's in the way of my enjoyment of the product.
The combat is pretty much the same as other games like batman and assasins creed. You aren't forced to hit anything, the QTE stuff is totally optional and customizable. You can which executions to use or you can choose to not use them at all.

Other games have more egregious QTE but you're ok with that since its supposed to be cinematic.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Nah, Ryse has plenty of gameplay, fukk outta here. The problem with Ryse is that it's actually ass. I never heard anyone describe Ryse as a cinematic game :mjlol: nikka give it up.

Ryse is garbage. Go to sleep.

The Order>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ryse.
Yeah in my experience so far there's a fair amount of gameplay in the game, it's just bad gameplay. I don't even know why they make you change buttons. You might as well just be tapping the same button over and over again. The only depth to the combat system is some guys auto block and you have to break their guard then hit them a few times and tap the trigger to execute them. the other less beefy enemies you just tap x a few times then press the trigger to execute them and sometimes you have to counter the enemy behind you that's about to strike.

The main character has the personality of a cardboard box. I'm hoping there's some interesting characters in the rest of the cast because he sure as hell can't carry this game. He's the generic Roman soldier who's family is killed and out for revenge. Outside that there are no traits that define him.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The combat is pretty much the same as other games like batman and assasins creed. You aren't forced to hit anything, the QTE stuff is totally optional and customizable. You can which executions to use or you can choose to not use them at all.

Other games have more egregious QTE but you're ok with that since its supposed to be cinematic.
:wow:

I don't even like Assassins Creed but I'd rather play that than this.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Those games are better cause they have much more than just combat. Ryse is all combat, so it gets old quick.
Nah I'm talking about just the combat.
Batman has a combat arena mode that I play all the time. I have fun with it. Ryse's gameplay is absolutely braindead boring.

I'm sorry but I have Ryse and I can't eve get into it. I tried to yesterday but I cut it off.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah in my experience so far there's a fair amount of gameplay in the game, it's just bad gameplay. I don't even know why they make you change buttons. You might as well just be tapping the same button over and over again. The only depth to the combat system is some guys auto block and you have to break their guard then hit them a few times and tap the trigger to execute them. the other less beefy enemies you just tap x a few times then press the trigger to execute them and sometimes you have to counter the enemy behind you that's about to strike.
Playing on hard you have to use different executions and get the buttons right in order to survive. On easy you really don't. And there's more varied enemies as the game goes on.

The main character has the personality of a cardboard box. I'm hoping there's some interesting characters in the rest of the cast because he sure as hell can't carry this game. He's the generic Roman soldier who's family is killed and out for revenge. Outside that there are no traits that define him.
Can be said about like every video game character ever, including sir Galahad.
Nah I'm talking about just the combat.
Batman has a combat arena mode that I play all the time. I have fun with it. Ryse's gameplay is absolutely braindead boring.

I'm sorry but I have Ryse and I can't eve get into it. I tried to yesterday but I cut it off.

The combat is almost exactly the same. Batman has more gadgets, but the general feel of the combat is the same.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Playing on hard you have to use different executions and get the buttons right in order to survive. On easy you really don't. And there's more varied enemies as the game goes on.

Can be said about like every video game character ever, including sir Galahad.

The combat is almost exactly the same. Batman has more gadgets, but the general feel of the combat is the same.
29-Camron-NP.gif

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They both kinda suck breh :ld: but I enjoyed them for what they are.
Ryse got worse reviews and still had bad user impressions.

The Order is better than Ryse point blank. Let's not even comb through the internet. People like The Order, people don't like Ryse. Is u serious??

The Order gameplay>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ryse tech demo gameplay.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Ryse got worse reviews and still had bad user impressions.

The Order is better than Ryse point blank. Let's not even comb through the internet. People like The Order, people don't like Ryse. Is u serious??

The Order gameplay>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ryse tech demo gameplay.

Can't compare the two because they are completely different games. And plenty of people enjoyed both games. Point is, I wouldn't pay full price for either and apparently lots of others feel the same way. I honestly don't think the order deserves all of the hate it gets but you can't possibly defend the gameplay in that game.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can't compare the two because they are completely different games. And plenty of people enjoyed both games. Point is, I wouldn't pay full price for either and apparently lots of others feel the same way. I honestly don't think the order deserves all of the hate it gets but you can't possibly defend the gameplay in that game.
The gameplay is great. You mean to tell me when you used that thermite rifle or that shotty you was like :ld:?