Why Do White People Eat Uncooked "Rare" Beef?

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i just ate softshell turtle and some cow stomach, served raw and you throw it in simmering spicy soup when you wanna eat it

fukk wit me

Loken

All Star
Daps
saw that in action today watching this damn vid boy cut that burger open shyt looked like some CSI Miami shyt

:scust:

Giselle

Daps

:ufdup:

Ordering Your Steak Well-Done Can Impact Your Brain Health

Again, there is no bacteria in a medium rare steak:

https://www.uproxx.com/life/donald-...rx3hKCDNqalb8ZYOg&sig2=iBYBABTB7eRyqc6Y0E_pvw

Bacteria is killed at 120F. Medium steaks are at 140F. There is no bacteria in the steak. It was killed a long time ago. Now next time you order a steak get it medium rare and realize you've been doing it wrong.
Foodborne illness is a preventable public health challenge that causes an estimated 48 million illnesses and 3,000 deaths each year in the United States. It is an illness that comes from eating contaminated food. The onset of symptoms may occur within minutes to weeks and often presents itself as flu-like symptoms, as the ill person may experience symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or fever. Because the symptoms are often flu-like, many people may not recognize that the illness is caused by harmful bacteria or other pathogens in food.

Thousands of people have died from undercooked meat. Go find me a reliable source that says fully cooked meat was the cause of their cancer.

Foodborne Illness: What Consumers Need to Know

If you want to eat raw meat, you can. I won't.
Also, beef takes longer to pass through your digestive system, so that raw meat will sit in your body, and you will get parasites. Unless your digestive system is perfect, meaning you poop after every meal.
Lol, you don't need to measure the temp of a steak. The bacteria is on the surface of the steak not the inside, so the moment it hits the pan the bacteria is killed. The majority of restaurants or people in general don't check temperature for no steak.
Foodborne Illness: What Consumers Need to Know
Cooking Meat? Check the New Recommended Temperatures | USDA
On May 24, USDA made some important changes in their recommended cooking temperatures for meats. Here’s what you need to know:

• Cooking Whole Cuts of Pork: USDA has lowered the recommended safe cooking temperature for whole cuts of pork from 160 ºF to 145 ºF with the addition of a three-minute rest time. Cook pork, roasts, and chops to 145 ºF as measured with a food thermometer before removing meat from the heat source, with a three-minute rest time before carving or consuming. This will result in a product that is both safe and at its best quality—juicy and tender.
  • Cooking Whole Cuts of Other Meats: For beef, veal, and lamb cuts, the safe temperature remains unchanged at 145 ºF, but the department has added a three-minute rest time as part of its cooking recommendations.

"Medium rare", 130°F to 135°F, is the temp range at which steaks are at their most tender, juicy, and flavorful. If restaurants cooked steaks to 145°F minimum, every steakhouse in the nation would go out of business. In fact, USDA has changed the numbers several times.

amazingribs.com

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I have to eat steak well done. That's why I dont eat steak because I can't even look at that blood and well done steaks are like eating a tire.

.....u less it's a philly cheese steak :youngsabo:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From
k9FWFfx.jpg

To

j7V7B1p.jpg

kFBvGaN.jpg
:ahh:

the burned edges are :banderas: but the meat should be medium rare. this shyt looks perfect

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thousands of people have died from undercooked meat. Go find me a reliable source that says fully cooked meat was the cause of their cancer.

WTF is undercooked? A medium rare steak is not undercooked. We're not talking about pork and chicken because people know to cook them thoroughly. This is about steak. You just posted something saying to cook them to 145F. 145F is not well done 160F is. You just contradicted your point by showing that "undercooked" steaks are safe.

Show us the data pointing to massive outbreaks of food borne illness due to eating non well done steaks. Show us the all the deaths Japan has had from eating sushi and sashimi.

Well-done Meat Intake, Heterocyclic Amine Exposure, and Cancer Risk
Over the past 10 years, an increasing number of epidemiological studies have evaluated the association of well-done meat intake and meat carcinogen exposure with cancer risk. The results from these epidemiologic studies were evaluated and summarized in this review. The majority of these studies have shown that high intake of well-done meat and high exposure to meat carcinogens, particularly HCAs, may increase the risk of human cancer.

In addition to research on colorectal cancer, some epidemiological studies have evaluated well-done meat intake and HCA exposure in relation to adenomatous polyps, precursors of colorectal cancer.

Women who consistently ate well-done meat had a 4.6-fold (95% CI 1.4–15.7) elevated risk of breast cancer.

Although high intake of red or white meat was not associated with an elevated risk of prostate cancer, a clear dose-response relation was found for intake of very well-done meat and exposure to PhIP.

:sas1:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
WTF is undercooked? A medium rare steak is not undercooked. We're not talking about pork and chicken because people know to cook them thoroughly. This is about steak. You just posted something saying to cook them to 145F. 145F is not well done 160F is. You just contradicted your point by showing that "undercooked" steaks are safe.

Show us the data pointing to massive outbreaks of food borne illness due to eating non well done steaks. Show us the all the deaths Japan has had from eating sushi and sashimi.

Well-done Meat Intake, Heterocyclic Amine Exposure, and Cancer Risk

:sas1:
You're arguing with an idiot fam

Not because of her steak preference, just because it's obvious she's not that bright from the way she thinks she's actually debating culinary science