Why Do We Have A Contingent In Our Community Who Don't Believe They're African

Aizen

Absolute Sovereign
Daps
Reppin
Liberia, Madagascar
Long Post Warning: Skip to bottom for TLDR.

Interesting thread. This comes down to your family culture and how much you can remember who you are. Other races go through the same thing too in terms of whether they identify with their homeland or if they forsake it. For example, some Portuguese will come to America and insist they are Portuguese. Then their children will insist they are Portuguese-American and so forth. Yet others will just come to America and immediately say, "I'm white. I'm American, that's it." Same thing with certain Asians. Some Chinese and Chinese-Americans will always hold onto their Chinese side to say "I'm Chinese" or "I'm Asian." Then others say, "Forget that, I'm just an American."

So basically, if you believe in "the melting pot," you throw away your old self and become a new, mainstream version that matches what everybody else is. Some people believe in "mainstreaming" and others do not. If a black person is very clear on rejecting their ties to Africa, there isn't anything you can do about it. If you can still connect to your home, your link wasn't broken. You'll see yourself differently and your roots isn't some vague concept like "I'm probably from somewhere in the Eastern part of the continent or the West." If you know where you are from or you did your DNA tests, you'll know the country and the tribe. Many blacks who do this find out they are not West African or they are part West African but also have roots from the center of the continent and the East.

If you look at trends, there was a time in which throwing away all the "old culture" was the thing to do. Now some people are trying to find their roots again and connect to old culture. A lot of this "New Age" stuff is really Old World culture, religion and philosophy being repackaged in a New World form. Yet those books are selling like hot cakes now and you'll find people trying to give more depth to their lives by embracing something they might have been indifferent to in the past (or outright rejected it and laughed at it). If you have your roots, you don't have to "go back" in some attempt to find yourself and discover who you are because you are already there - you already know.

A very old man once said, "In New York, a long time ago, nobody wanted to be just white. They were Italians and Polish and French. People didn't just wholesale buy into assimilation. They didn't want to blend into each other." Compare that to now in which people often want to be unique, yet also at the same time be "normal," which is everybody acting the same. So there's maybe a little conflict and contradiction there.

TLDR: It's your choice how you view yourself. But being so on the nationalism tip is something relatively new as in the last 50-60 years. If you know where you are from but do not care, that's a personal decision. Most people who know seem to at least care a little bit. Your roots are there regardless if you claim it or not. So again, your call. I see a potential divide coming as both sides are going in their own direction. If you care about your roots, it may be hard to build and trust those who forsake their roots or simply don't care. It's all about choices and beliefs.

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Fukk u too

Some of y'all dumber than shyt.

So u wanted a whole continent to go to war even though the slave trade was in west Africa? What about all the other fukking nations that had nothing to do with the altlantic slave trade they just get blanket blame because u lack an understanding of geography and history?

U got some missplaced rage just like a true idiot. Read some history then at least direct your ire at the right targets fukking goofy ass clown
Rage? Wrong. I don't give a fukk about them like they don't give a fukk about us

Are they raising money for our situation. No. But do we ship billions over there for them. Sure do

Do you want us to claim "Africa" but turn around and not expect "africa" to fight for us?

Not 1 single one came here to help. Still come here to get rich and success in America. Still look down on us when they get here. For damn sure don't have no big welcome home when we go there

Tell me exactly why I should give two fukks about them? I'll wait

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Fukk u too

Some of y'all dumber than shyt.

So u wanted a whole continent to go to war even though the slave trade was in west Africa? What about all the other fukking nations that had nothing to do with the altlantic slave trade they just get blanket blame because u lack an understanding of geography and history?

U got some missplaced rage just like a true idiot. Read some history then at least direct your ire at the right targets fukking goofy ass clown
And this thread is about Africa. Why would I direct my comments towards countries of other races??

Black people get shot here. Black people go protest

My wonderful perfect African brothers saw each other getting stolen and beaten and raped and destroyed. And as I look at my phone, it's 2015....

What the fukk my African brothers done about that? Not a damn thing. Meanwhile we saving your starving ass kids and supplying everything you need. And you got some nerve to say I need to come to Africa on some "my brothers I'm glad to be home"

90% of them nikkas would look at me like :scust:

And 150% of them nikkas would trade me for my citizenship right this second

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
This has nothing to do with "Afro-Centricity" It has to do with common sense.

If I came to your home and kidnapped you and your family and forced you to a different place and changed your name,language and culture, you would say that you are what I made you instead of what you are?

Again.........:camby:
But you didn't answer his question tho

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Long Post Warning: Skip to bottom for TLDR.

Interesting thread. This comes down to your family culture and how much you can remember who you are. Other races go through the same thing too in terms of whether they identify with their homeland or if they forsake it. For example, some Portuguese will come to America and insist they are Portuguese. Then their children will insist they are Portuguese-American and so forth. Yet others will just come to America and immediately say, "I'm white. I'm American, that's it." Same thing with certain Asians. Some Chinese and Chinese-Americans will always hold onto their Chinese side to say "I'm Chinese" or "I'm Asian." Then others say, "Forget that, I'm just an American."

So basically, if you believe in "the melting pot," you throw away your old self and become a new, mainstream version that matches what everybody else is. Some people believe in "mainstreaming" and others do not. If a black person is very clear on rejecting their ties to Africa, there isn't anything you can do about it. If you can still connect to your home, your link wasn't broken. You'll see yourself differently and your roots isn't some vague concept like "I'm probably from somewhere in the Eastern part of the continent or the West." If you know where you are from or you did your DNA tests, you'll know the country and the tribe. Many blacks who do this find out they are not West African or they are part West African but also have roots from the center of the continent and the East.

If you look at trends, there was a time in which throwing away all the "old culture" was the thing to do. Now some people are trying to find their roots again and connect to old culture. A lot of this "New Age" stuff is really old world culture, religion and philosophy being repackaged in a New World form. Yet those books are selling like hot cakes now and you'll find people trying to give more depth to their lives by embracing something they might have been indifferent to in the past (or outright rejected it and laughed at it). If you have your roots, you don't have to "go back" in some attempt to find yourself and discover who you are.

A very old man once said, "In New York, a long time ago, nobody wanted to be just white. They are Italians and Polish and French. People didn't just wholesale buy into assimilation. They didn't want to blend into each other." Compare that to now in which people often want to be unique, yet also all be "normal," which is everybody acting the same. So there's maybe a little conflict or contradiction there.

TLDR: It's your choice how you view yourself. But being so on the nationalism tip is something relatively new as in the last 50-60 years. If you know where you are from but do not care, that's a person decision. Most people who know seem to at least care a little bit. Your roots are there regardless if you claim it or not. So again, your call.

So why do we do it still to this day after all our people have learned and the new resources and information about the travesty, do we still seek to assimilate and blend in and distance ourselves from who we REALLY are?

That's the crux of the problem in a nutshell. Why do you we have the "Raven Symone" mentality getting stronger as the days go by?
:patrice:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I aint saying you owe me :sas1:
But dont act like your hands are clean in this matter, either :sas2:
My hands are clean idiot. This is the exact problem with your entitled ass. I'm Kenyan which is an African country like countless others that had Nothing to do with the Atlantic slave trade. But ya dumb ass wouldn't know that because all African owe u and betrayed u. Majority of Africa's people have 0 parts in the slave trade... MAJORITY

Take ya goofy ass to a library look at a map and read some shyt then shut the fukk up. Don't act like militant with no actual knowledge

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
And this thread is about Africa. Why would I direct my comments towards countries of other races??

Black people get shot here. Black people go protest

My wonderful perfect African brothers saw each other getting stolen and beaten and raped and destroyed. And as I look at my phone, it's 2015....

What the fukk my African brothers done about that? Not a damn thing. Meanwhile we saving your starving ass kids and supplying everything you need. And you got some nerve to say I need to come to Africa on some "my brothers I'm glad to be home"

90% of them nikkas would look at me like :scust:

And 150% of them nikkas would trade me for my citizenship right this second
:beli: at the bolded

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
So why do we do it still to this day after all our people have learned and the new resources and information about the travesty, do we still seek to assimilate and blend in and distance ourselves from who we REALLY are?

That's the crux of the problem in a nutshell. Why do you we have the "Raven Symone" mentality getting stronger as the days go by?
Because we have no ties

You asking why people aren't claiming a place that they haven't been. Their mom. Ain't been. Their great great grandma ain't been. And nobody in their family or history been, in 200-400 years

Meanwhile Africans you do know act like they are Gods gift to Americans. All while coming here to get jobs, school and money.

Add in the fact your personal lifetime was spent knowing your place of birth. The block. The county. The town. The city. The state. And the damn country

And you want nikkas to suddenly wake up and say.... fukk America and everything I built for myself. I'm gonna take 3000 dollars and find out what country in Africa im from. Hope they can find out. Then start claiming that shyt. As if I live there, have family there or know a damn thing about there.

Let alone if I went there. There's probably some white guy running the shyt who gonna do me 10 times worse than an American white guy

nikkas in here really acting like Africa is the cure all. Just claim Africa and you too can be healed.

Yet I have yet to hear ONE person in here tell us the story of them gaining any knowledge or citizenship or even a damn vacation to Africa.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
:beli: at the bolded
I'm sorry. Do they have commercials in Africa saying "for 35 cents a day you can adopt an American homeless kid?"

Where's the "please come home our black brothers" movement over there?

Oh yea. Neither of them happen. Cause they don't give any fukks about us

Aizen

Absolute Sovereign
Daps
Reppin
Liberia, Madagascar

The more tight-knit a group is, the more I wager they'd hold onto the various aspects of their culture. Certain Bosnian immigrants all know each other and I know one guy who hunts for all the Bosnian immigrants in his city. They literally rally around each other and it's a fierce loyalty. We all have bonds. If those bonds are looser and not as serious, people come together but also come apart. Like if you still come together but you're just hanging out and not building anything and have no agenda, your culture can get watered down fast in a few generations. People like Raven might be more casual and on the "go along, to get along" tip. Again, that's her choice and God bless. All cultures have those types of people. But there are certainly less in other cultures, so it's a ratio game of casual culture keepers and serious culture keepers. You really have to know who you are and be willing to hold onto it - sometimes even fiercely.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Rage? Wrong. I don't give a fukk about them like they don't give a fukk about us

Are they raising money for our situation. No. But do we ship billions over there for them. Sure do

Do you want us to claim "Africa" but turn around and not expect "africa" to fight for us?

Not 1 single one came here to help. Still come here to get rich and success in America. Still look down on us when they get here. For damn sure don't have no big welcome home when we go there

Tell me exactly why I should give two fukks about them? I'll wait
Yes you are a moronic individual full of rage. Your writing paragraphs of nothing.
Do yourself a favour and actually learn who was involved in the slave trade. A continent of people don't owe u a thing.

I've told u morons while the Atlantic slave trade was going on in the west other Africans were dealing with other shyt. For example the Arabs doing the same in the east. No one talks about those slaves or slavery and subjugation under colonialism later.

So in short who are they that owe u? You couldn't identify them if you tried which is the problem so u blame all of Africa like a miseducated c00n.

Read a fukking book on history man

U morons got opinions and no facts or actual education on the matter.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I agree with both options... nothing wrong was said, technically:ehh:

(Personally, im not afro centric... but id say we are not citizens, not American, and never will be. We are black and most of us are trapped here because the first Africans that saw Europeans traded with them instead of doing the smart and right thing, by eliminating them. :yeshrug:Such is life)

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Because we have no ties

You asking why people aren't claiming a place that they haven't been. Their mom. Ain't been. Their great great grandma ain't been. And nobody in their family or history been, in 200-400 years

Meanwhile Africans you do know act like they are Gods gift to Americans. All while coming here to get jobs, school and money.

Add in the fact your personal lifetime was spent knowing your place of birth. The block. The county. The town. The city. The state. And the damn country

And you want nikkas to suddenly wake up and say.... fukk America and everything I built for myself. I'm gonna take 3000 dollars and find out what country in Africa im from. Hope they can find out. Then start claiming that shyt. As if I live there, have family there or know a damn thing about there.

Let alone if I went there. There's probably some white guy running the shyt who gonna do me 10 times worse than an American white guy

nikkas in here really acting like Africa is the cure all. Just claim Africa and you too can be healed.

Yet I have yet to hear ONE person in here tell us the story of them gaining any knowledge or citizenship or even a damn vacation to Africa.

Breh be quiet......:why:...Amerikkka is your slave colony that we were forced to tidy up for subhumans, this isn't your home,language,name,culture or roots of any kind whatsoever..........Your stupidity knows no bounds........

Krispy

#FreeBigLurch
Daps
Reppin
UK
:ohhh:People without a home.:ohhh:not welcomed in a place that was built from your own sweat, blood and tears,:ohhh: not welcomed back to the place you were cast off:ohhh:.you guys might actually be the the real Hebrew Israelites:merchant:

K den

:mjlol:

We are the real Hebrew Isrealites breh :jawalrus:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Yes you are a moronic individual full of rage. Your writing paragraphs of nothing.
Do yourself a favour and actually learn who was involved in the slave trade. A continent of people don't owe u a thing.

I've told u morons while the Atlantic slave trade was going on in the west other Africans were dealing with other shyt. For example the Arabs doing the same in the east. No one talks about those slaves or slavery and subjugation under colonialism later.

So in short who are they that owe u? You couldn't identify them if you tried which is the problem so u blame all of Africa like a miseducated c00n.

Read a fukking book on history man

U morons got opinions and no facts or actual education on the matter.
nikka are you retarded

No the earth didn't need to group up like the xmen

Even tho they would if Iraq had a hint of a nuke. But let's skip that

My point is continually Africa hasn't done a motherfukking thing for black Americans. Not a single fukking thing

So why would I claim them? Skip the paragraphs. If they wasn't apart of it. And felt no need to help on some "hey we both black, let me help you" then why in the fukk do I need to claim them on some "hey we all African from 400 years ago"

I'll wait on an valid answer