Why Do Some Southerners Have No Southern Accent At All?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps

southern dudes kill me with this shyt :laff:

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
That happens everywhere tho. I'm from the Midwest but I don't have a black Midwest accent. I just sound like a black man. I could be from any region in America and people would believe it. On a another note, I find it strange that the Midwest is the only region where blacks and whites have completely different accents. Never heard a black man or woman say "Hiya". :russ: Probably due to hyper segregation.

locoloco87

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
alot of dudes are migrants or parents from another state. You can tell the people that was born in "flawda" and "florida"

i went to high school with every single kind of floridian you can think of.. redneck,new york puerto rican,new york dominican,midwesterner,black californian,mexicans,rich white preps,:merchant:

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
One of my friends has that thick atlanta/south accent and dude was eating real good out here, also london chicks were absolutely in awe with his lingo.

I was jelly lol

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
One of my friends has that thick atlanta/south accent and dude was eating real good out here, also london chicks were absolutely in awe with his lingo.

I was jelly lol

chicks actually dig that shyt were you from? :ohhh:

new york/up north chicks would be like :scusthov:

AgentGrey

MeVsYou
Daps
I've traveled and lived all over...i pick up certain shyt here and there...most folks say I sound like I'm from NY even tho I've never even been to the place...plus I grew up in a home where they didn't stand for talking ignorant as hell and pronouncing your words...

this, been all over but I grew into adulthood up North.

if I get drunk and/or pissed off then I start soundin like Meek Millz when he was goin at the pastor :birdman:

all of my family is southern, im talkin TI merr chrimuh southern. just depends on your upbringing :yeshrug:
edit: lol somebody posted the video

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Yu guys are overthinking this. Not everyOne in the South have souther accent like people from Atlanta and Alabama. In a lot of part of Louisiana people don't have country accents, but some areas they do.

Luda didn't really grow up in Atlanta. He moved there his high school year.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Alot of them aren't born there as well....

Moved to Texas when I was about 11, I don't sound like I'm from anywhere in the South

When I meet anyone new within 5 mins I get, "You not from here are you?"

Don't let me say "Pop" and not "Soda" nikkas be like :stopitslime:

lol pop n soda hit n miss tho...i got alot of family from tyler...n both sides say either or...

also i got a family in the 9th ward..n.o....n its weird as hell..seein marshall faulk...talk..n he was born n raised in that hoe...n he sound like a nikka from cali ..n hearing them..half them nikkas sound like they finna put a curse on u..

i remember i had to introduce myself in college..1nce they heard dine, tombout...knouuuuuuummmmmmmmmsayin...tine,got damn me, hol up, nall, yall, etc

that whole room...:whoo::whoo::whoo::leon::leon::leon:...

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Mer Crimmuh" from T.I. - YouTube

southern dudes kill me with this shyt :laff:

I think it also depends on how your actual family speaks. If your parents have a strong southern accent, then you are bound to speak that way. Killer Mike doesn't have a deep southern accent even though he was born and raised on the same part of ATL as TI.

Last edited by a moderator: