Why do ppl get mad when u tell them how America was really built?

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
It was built on the back & blood of slaves, the railroads were built on the backs of Asian workers. This country was built on thievery, savagery, dishonesty, mass genocide of the Indians, rewriting history to spin it positive, etc. People always wanna go back to "simpler times in history", but you'd get put in jail today for the stuff that went on in these "simpler times".

Yeah, there may have been a time when you could deal with SOME men on a handshake...but the fact is, this still exists in some parts. But it was never the majority like how they try to spin it as.

One is the reasons is that people, particular most white americans put more emphasis in "brain power and intelligence" for getting things done. So u often hear them say "its my ingenuity, vision, intelligence and risk taking" that built this shyt....completely neglecting that physical labor aspect. Its a lot easier to say "I thought of that", than to actually build it with blood, sweat and tears. For those people its hard to give props to the workers, mostly minorities who actually put the sweat in.

Daps
Reppin
prosper any where on earth
:what:

Come on breh, it's human nature to oppress. shyt happened all over the world. Egyptian had their slaves, so did the Romans, and so did the Mayans. Wherever there was a strong civilization, it always had slaves that did the bulk of the work.

:noah: c'mon dude

Egyptians never had, let me rephase that , Khemits never had slaves, they were peasents or lower class peoples, who did nothing else but work, and if they wanted to stop they could of left an become a future european lol:umad:

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did you study Mayan and Egyptian history or are you applying the extremely liberal use word "slavery" as one and the same?

Before this gets off into a tangent argument about the meaning of slavery, what I'm disagreeing about your post initially was your insinuation that people who oppressed are only exclusive to a certain skin color. You can't really believe that breh. If you do, does that mean you also believe other generalizations about other skin color? :birdman:

Daps
Reppin
prosper any where on earth
One is the reasons is that people, particular most white americans put more emphasis in "brain power and intelligence" for getting things done. So u often hear them say "its my ingenuity, vision, intelligence and risk taking" that built this shyt....completely neglecting that physical labor aspect. Its a lot easier to say "I thought of that", than to actually build it with blood, sweat and tears. For those people its hard to give props to the workers, mostly minorities who actually put the sweat in.

they still can't figure out how pyramids are build cause they don't have the physicality to ever do it :russ:

so we think the aliens did :yeshrug:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

Uh....you're diminishing the "ingenuity, vision and intelligence" of the slaves. Benjamin Banneker was the head of the 1791 survey team of the Federal Territory (now Washington, D.C.) that created the layout for the city of for the building Washington DC. the colonialist in New Orleans were on the bring of starvation until they imported West AFrican slaves who knew how to cultivate that Louisiana coast line to grow rice and save their asses.

Our "its my ingenuity, vision, intelligence" was always on display...they just didn't care.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Before this gets off into a tangent argument about the meaning of slavery,
\

That wasn't my tangent.

My point is as clear as day....you used Egyptian and Mayan history as your proof.

What do you know about their histories?

NYC Rebel

Daps
all empires are built on free labor since the beginning of time. People get mad because of nationalism, ignorance.

There's a difference between "free labor" and absorbing a people as your own like African, Mayan and Egyptian groups did when they razed others.

a "slave" in those mentioned could very well rise to be the head of the country of their captors. That could NOT happen under the system of chattel slavery.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's a difference between "free labor" and absorbing a people as your own like African, Mayan and Egyptian groups did when they razed others.

a "slave" in those mentioned could very well rise to be the head of the country of their captors. That could NOT happen under the system of chattel slavery.

:obama:

:mindblown:

NYC Rebel

Daps

^^^^^^
Good answer.

:heh:

Do you consider post-WWII Japan our slaves?

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
^^^^^^
Good answer.

:heh:

Do you consider post-WWII Japan our slaves?

:wtf:

I'm not getting into "who's a slave and who's not a slave" argument breh. I'll just accept that you think white people are the only ones who oppress other groups of people.

Not such a bad thought :yeshrug:

NYC Rebel

Daps
:wtf:

I'm not getting into "who's a slave and who's not a slave" argument breh. I'll just accept that you think white people are the only ones who oppress other groups of people.

Not such a bad thought :yeshrug:

You have yet to answer any of my questions, repackaging and reshaping them into questions I didn't ask that you built not to answer.

You'll accept what you imagined in your head.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
technically speaking, we're all still slaves, wage slaves. Read the 13th n 14th amendment. The 13th amendment forbids "involuntary servitude", not slavery, and the 14th amendment establishes voluntary servitude. You see, when slaves get too expensive for a country to have, such as the roman empire, you find another way to enslave people but give them the illusion of freedom. The same thing happened in the US, slaves were no longer profitable, but used as an excuse for the civil war when the south was already going to free the slaves anyway. Once it makes no business sense to have slaves, you find another way.

NYC Rebel

Daps
technically speaking, we're all still slaves, wage slaves. Read the 13th n 14th amendment. The 13th amendment forbids "involuntary servitude", not slavery, and the 14th amendment establishes voluntary servitude. You see, when slaves get too expensive for a country to have, such as the roman empire, you find another way to enslave people but give them the illusion of freedom. The same thing happened in the US, slaves were no longer profitable, but used as an excuse for the civil war when the south was already going to free the slaves anyway. Once it makes no business sense to have slaves, you find another way.

:snoop:

Please...dont' water down the term slavery...PLEASE dont.