Why do ppl get mad when u tell them how America was really built?

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
I think the slavery by "every great civilization" thing is over emphasized by Europeans who want to lighten the dark spotlight that's pointed to them when it comes to the transatlantic slave trade.

Europe was unique in its brand of slavery. No place in human history went to the degrees of how Europeans treated each other and gradually treated everyone else. This was a byproduct of constantly fighting for limited resources due to living in Europe.

Nature plays a huge role on the behavior of Europeans. You had frenchmen putting other Frenchmen "breaking on the wheel," back in the 1200's, a practice later used in chattel slavery.

People need to accept it rather than aligning other empires and the word "slavery" to the practice of Europeans and what took place in the middle ages and beyond.

I think there is a difference between using history as a crutch and using it as a knowledge base.

What Europeans did in the transatlantic slave trade was nothing 'new'. What happened in America and continued far past the point in history when people as a society should have and did know better is a different story.

And as someone else mentioned before, the British Empire was the fukkign scourge of the earth. Just think to the Potato famine in Ireland. Millions of Irish starved to death while the food that grew on THEIR land that THEY harvested was shipped across the straight to feed the English, who were NOT starving

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I think there is a difference between using history as a crutch and using it as a knowledge base.

What Europeans did in the transatlantic slave trade was nothing 'new'. What happened in America and continued far past the point in history when people as a society should have and did know better is a different story.

It was "new" to Africans if you study pre-colonial Africa.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

And as someone else mentioned before, the British Empire was the fukkign scourge of the earth. Just think to the Potato famine in Ireland. Millions of Irish starved to death while the food that grew on THEIR land that THEY harvested was shipped across the straight to feed the English, who were NOT starving

:heh:

NYC Rebel

Daps
The same way Human sacrifice the Mayas performed was 'new' to the Conquistadors, same as Christianity, church and state was 'new' to the Mayans.

New to me doesn't make it 'new' to everyone.

What the hell? :what:

"New" to you is blurring the lines of what we're talking about.

The transatlantic slave trade and the TREATMENT of their cargo was unique and NEW.

You're just pointing out religious sacrifices. Give me an example of Mayan's oppressing others not named the movie Apocolypto. :laugh:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Very underrated post. People really think Africa is some monolithic, homogenous Country. smh Race wasn't invented until the Colonization of America.

That's why I laughed at this white dude who got mad at me for calling him, a white guy. You see. White people were always just seen as "people" while they referred to other races as "black people, red people, Asian people". White people think they are the only group of people who can be seen as people before they are seen for their race. That's why they get mad when you call them white. Ironically they INVENTED race. "But I didn't invent race. My ancestors did." here we go again with white people only wanting to embrace the positive shyt their ancestors did.

It's all so stupid that they considered American on pure physical basis, but others are considered AsianAmerican, African American, etc., even though their ancestors may have been here longer.

It all makes me :heh:

NYC Rebel

Daps
Bartering and trading for slaves was invented during the late 17th century??

Enlighten me breh.

Bartering and trading for slaves isn't the end all of chattel slavery.

Slavery meant the complete destruction of ones past and the things that meant everything to them. As a chattel slave, one wasn't even allowed to practice their own faith, dance, play drums, all sorts of stuff.

If bartering and trading of "slaves" is the end all of slavery for you to say "it isn't new" you are the very type of European decendent I'm speaking of who attempt to make the chattel slavery of the transatlantic slave trade and "across the board" atrocity that's happened elsewhere.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
8s07am

:clap::clap:

Curious question though.....why do white ppl ALWAYS deflect race issues? I mean its like y'all go full retard as soon as anything race related is being discussed.

Y'all can't ever have just one moment of shame about y'all shyt

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
What the hell? :what:

"New" to you is blurring the lines of what we're talking about.

The transatlantic slave trade and the TREATMENT of their cargo was unique and NEW.

You're just pointing out religious sacrifices. Give me an example of Mayan's oppressing others not named the movie Apocolypto. :laugh:

Fun movie to watch.

On topic, slaves were whipped and mistreated in history long before the transatlantic slave trade is my point. What was 'new' was the systematic building of an ENTIRE COUNTRY on the entire trade and the corresponding hypocrisy of new land of freedom being created on the backs of others who were not included.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Fun movie to watch.

On topic, slaves were whipped and mistreated in history long before the transatlantic slave trade is my point. What was 'new' was the systematic building of an ENTIRE COUNTRY on the entire trade and the corresponding hypocrisy of new land of freedom being created on the backs of others who were not included.

Nah.....not enough. Whipped, "putting some powder to a niqqers ass" where someone would put gunpowder and a fuse to a slave's ass just for fun and all other types of shyt I won't describe is pretty unprecedented.

Esau = Evil

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere NOT snitching.
:clap::clap:

Curious question though.....why do white ppl ALWAYS deflect race issues? I mean its like y'all go full retard as soon as anything race related is being discussed.

Y'all can't ever have just one moment of shame about y'all shyt

Sure I'll answer that:

Proverbs 28:1

The wicked
flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.

Pslam 58:3
The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.