Why do people want to see YMCMB fail so bad?

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I don't even mean 50 or Drake in particular. I'm saying people get brainwashed into thinking whoever is hottest is dropping classic shyt, simply because they're the hottest.

In 10 years if people still think Drake is a great rapper, or his albums are classic, so be it. But a year later? In the middle of his run? shyt is :snoop: because we go through this with literally every rapper that gets the spot light.

Fred.

I agree with that for sure. I think that people just need to separate the terms classic and masterpiece more. I think it is only people that listen to hip hop that really throw around the word classic so often. If you were to look at Rock albums and say something like Sgt. Pepper was a classic there would be no debate whatsoever because the impact is obvious, felt, and understood by all fans of the genre. In hip hop people are so quick to call their personal favorite albums classic because they love it so much. If I were to say that Wasting Light was a classic album no one would go for that.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
I been into rap since '83 breh, I don't give a fukk how much something sold. Especially considering once you hit the multi-million mark, it's obvious most of your fan base knows nothing about rap. You've obviously crossed over into the mainstream, and people that are in no position to rank something as classic or not.

That ain't even the point though, and this ain't about 50 Cent. It's about any rapper that is on top, is seen as "that dude" while he's on top, so it's easy to talk about his shyt is classic. Let's talk about whether or not his shyt is classic after he falls off and is a nobody.

Fred.

:rudy:

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
Don't know don't care.

I copped all of those albums instore from this ...

B.G._-_It%27s_All_on_U%2C_Vol._1_album_art.jpg

to this...
Perfect_Timing_BG.jpg

and every one between 97 and 03.

I just dont care for these weird looking nikkas they got on that label now

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
:wtf:

The two aren't remotely the same. An athlete can get old, out of shape....his knees or back can give out, his eye sight....there is a ton of shyt that can go wrong to end an athletic career.

Rappers only have to rap. And it's not about "being on top" your whole career....if you look at somebody like Nas, you can see his new shyt is somewhat comparable to his old shyt. Wayne, his new shyt is terrible....not even decent....it's flat out horrible. :shaq2: at giving his new shyt a pass because he gave us good music at one point, years ago....the hell kinda logic is that?

Fred.

This is ridiculous. Your pen game can fall off. Hell, you can struggle to think of something to write. It's called Writer's Block. An athlete can physically not be able to do the things he wants to do mentally. A writer or lyricist can struggle to maintain his gift of gab. That's why generally artists fall off too.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
You mean they dont make music YOU like.

I dont like everyone on their label, some I do like.

It's all subjctive to what YOU(or I) like.

whos their TARGET audience?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef3em5cPJx8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef3em5cPJx8[/ame]

thats prob why WE dont like their music..

understand?

were not 15 yr old white girls

atleast im not

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille
You mean they dont make music YOU like.

I dont like everyone on their label, some I do like.

It's all subjctive to what YOU(or I) like.

The OP asked a question and I gave the reason that most people that don't like them would give

Mask and Da Glock

Posting From Rehab
Daps
It hasn't even been a year yet. You can't decide it is a classic a couple months after it has come out. You have to look at what the album has done for the landscape of hip hop in retrospect. Where is the influence? Where are the rappers clearly stealing his blueprint? Where are the people clearly adapting and changing their music because of Take Care? Where is the movement? Besides that, it has yet to be accepted as a classic by hip hop circles. Like I said just call it a masterpiece or at least have the patience to see what this album does.

Agree'd, people throw the word classic around so easily, on one forum i briefly was at (kanyetothe, sohh was going to shyt and hadn't been pm'd about the coli yet) these weirdos were calling shyt like section80 and any mbdtf and free albums that came out THIS YEAR classic...it's synonymous with these types for a great album you personally love. Call them hipsters...call them fakkits, iunno

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
whos their TARGET audience?

Lil Wayne - How To Love (Covered by Phoenix Covers) - YouTube

thats prob why WE dont like their music..

understand?

were not 15 yr old white girls

atleast im not

I hate that song....but does that mean I have to hate EVERY Lil Wayne song?

Why do y'all not understand this is a BUSINESS? You want them to put out material that nobody will check for unless it's a free mixtape? Most the ppl on this board and others don't BUY(pay for) music anyway.....why not appeal to a multiple aspect of people so you can.........make money?

R. Kelly said something that struck me.....but I had to admit it's the truth. He said, "You CAN'T get too personal with this music thing...it's a business and you gotta do what ppl want to hear" and this is R. Kelly, someone who's been dropping Gold/platinum albums since '92 with no sign of slowing down. You use your talent to make whatever is necessary for you to stay relevant. When u dont have the talent to CHANGE, you fall off

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats how hip hop is...niccas love to forget whats he done for the game and how much he contributed. i dont get it. he put out a lackluster album, that doesnt discredit all that hes given us.

its crazy but hip hop fans are fickle, ill joke around and call him garbage, but i know hes not. not at all.

but hey, it happens to all the greats. but honestly, sometimes, it feels like weezy just only raps for wordlpay and punchlines. he need s to let us know whats going on in his life and get a little deeper than random verses. before it was awesome, bc he was a druggie and just having fun being young.

you 29, b :stopitslime:

wat has lil wayne contributed he is not a all time great hes always been wack to me

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The hate for G unit was much more major to the point where people actually rode for Fat Joe

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Section 80 actually has some characteristics of a classic though. If you look at it like this, it brought major attention to the west coast and the whole black hippy movement, helped push Ab-Soul, Jay Rock, and Schoolboy Q's career. It receives major respect in most circles. Major respect from other rappers and co-signs from legends. Has people saying real lyricism is back. Got him and his entire label a joint deal essentially. I personally don't think it is a classic, but it does have some characteristic, or at least more than Take Care does.