why do people assume its not pro black to date Light Skinned/Mixed people ?

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Your ethnic background is irrelevant

Your appearance is all that matters. Stop saying we're all mixed. Most of us dont look mixed. People who look like Steph Curry do look mixed
I'm referring to all blacks. I only referred to my specific ethnic background in one post. You are talking about appearance while I am talking about heredity.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
It shouldn't really be a thing, but you know how certain colorstruck dudes go overboard and gas them up over everything.

Going out of your way to mention another black person's complexion when it's not called for is the mark of a c00n

Yep. That's why many of these light skinned women are :francis: with their stuck up mentality. Thinking that the world owes them everything.

miranda

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I personally believe dark skin brown skin is the only black just my opinion
Well you're incorrect

You're either lightskinned or you like lightskinned women.

Look, I'm not saying that lightskinned people cant align themselves with us politically for mutual benefits but they're not us. In predominantly black societies, lightskinned blacks have historically looked down upon darker skin blacks. You see it in South Africa, you see it in the Dominican Republic, you see it in Haiti, you see it all over the Caribbeans and South America. The jury on them has been out for quite some time. America is a slight exception although they do a bit of the same shyt they do everywhere else.

Us? Who is us? What's your ethnicity? AA or which country of origin?

She prefers people who look like her. Nothing wrong with that.

The fact that we even allow you in our community is a reflection of how generous we are. No other race is as lenient with mixed people.
Again, our community, where are you from?

If you are mulatto looking, you're not black. I dont care what your actual ethnic background is. Thats just my opinion.
Just wow

Prince Mongo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ashlar Hall, Memphis
Irl colorism is nowhere near an issue like how y'all nikkas portray it to be on here. Excluding light skinned people from being considered black doesn't help our overall cause of being black in America in any conceivable way. Who's supposed to draw the line of what considered light skinned in the first place? Are we going to go back to the paper bag test? What's supposed to be recorded in the census data, "light skinned black, dark skinned black?" Where are y'all folks from for those who consider this an significant issue? I'm in a majority black city and colorism isn't something most people concern themselves with. It's just not an issue

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Yep. That's why many of these light skinned women are :francis: with their stuck up mentality. Thinking that the world owes them everything.

Yeah. With them, it's either they hate that kind of attention or they crave it

I've seen idiots get cursed all the way out because he addressed a chick by her complexion

"Ayy Red, let me holla at you :shaq:"

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
Biracial people aren't black. In a lot of cases they're more white than black, so thats why it SHOULD be looked down upon by blacks to date biracial people, or create biracial people. Mulattos aren't black.

31Flavors

Guilty Pleasure
Daps
Irl colorism is nowhere near an issue like how y'all nikkas portray it to be on here. Excluding light skinned people from being considered black doesn't help our overall cause of being black in America in any conceivable way. Who's supposed to draw the line of what considered light skinned in the first place? Are we going to go back to the paper bag test? What's supposed to be recorded in the census data, "light skinned black, dark skinned black?" Where are y'all folks from for those who consider this an significant issue? I'm in a majority black city and colorism isn't something most people concern themselves with. It's just not an issue
We're just talking semantics here. We do need all the numbers we can get in Amerikkka. But I were to hypothetically start my own country for AA's, certain people wouldnt be allowed. That's just me though :yeshrug: