why do people assume its not pro black to date Light Skinned/Mixed people ?

31Flavors

Guilty Pleasure
Daps
One minute we praise how diverse we are and boast about the many types of features Black people can have unlike Whites and especially Asians who tend to all look the same. But if your girlfriend doesn't look like India Arie all of a sudden it's a issue.:martin:
Drooling over lightskinned people sets a bad precedent considering most people who identify as black dont look like Steph Curry or whoever. Nor do they have his features. We should put brownskin/darkskinned features on a pedestal

The hoop coli nikkas jump through in these conversations is hilarious

If you prefer light features than say so then. You can have your preferences. but dont pee on my head and tell me its raining.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
She prefers people who look like her. Nothing wrong with that.

The fact that we even allow you in our community is a reflection of how generous we are. No other race is as lenient with mixed people.
But all or damn near all Blacks in the African Diaspora (I'm not even going to say just America) are mixed.

kem2

Pro
Daps
they also think you are color struck when you date somebody light skinned and you are dark. but you actually love them.

they probably think this sister is color struck just because she is with a very light skinned man :francis::francis:

black-love-relationships-celibate-singles-black-the-real-miss-drea-daily0600.jpg

and people love saying that Steph and Ayesha Curry's relationship isn't Black Love :francis::francis:

Stephen-family-062615.jpg

fukk team light skinned vs dark skinned

we team melanin out here :mjcry::mjcry:

That's not how it works breh.

light skinned man + dark skinned woman = Black Love

light skinned man + light skinned woman = Black Love

dark skinned woman + dark skinned man = Black Love

dark skinned man + light skinned woman = c00n

This shyt is all about black women feeling insecure about their skin tone. Colorism is real, but that's what it's about nowadays.

Krazy K

All Star
Daps
She prefers people who look like her. Nothing wrong with that.

The fact that we even allow you in our community is a reflection of how generous we are. No other race is as lenient with mixed people.
allow me in?:mjlol: I'm not mixed and neither is my girl. And idgaf who anyone wants to date. The fact that some ppl feel the need to put down one shade to show how much they love the other is some self hating brainwashed shyt in my opinion.

QuavoFlow

Superstar
Daps
I'm light brown and my girl is a yellow/redbone. One of her best friends(who didn't like her at first for being light) is dark brown and has made it a point to let it be known she would never date a black man my complexion or lighter. I simply said I would never date a black person that practices colorism :francis:
bytch been quiet ever since
:francis:an ex of mine
mind you she's the one who broke up wit me:mjpls:

said i left her to be with this lightksin chick because thats "all us nikkaz like anyway"

:heh:somehow just because i started to smash on this yella chick after she broke up wit me

that i wanted to be with a "lightskin chick anyway"
:russell:man i never talked to that hoe again, dumbest shyt i ever heard

QuavoFlow

Superstar
Daps

This shyt is all about black women feeling insecure about their skin tone. Colorism is real, but that's what it's about nowadays.
facts ALL fukkIN FACTS

31Flavors

Guilty Pleasure
Daps

A lot of black people, in both genders, are colorstruck. Black men and black women. It's not gender specific.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
i use to think this way but now it's fukkin stupid. i hate that whole stigma that you aint truly pro black if your partner aint dark skinned or brown skinned. like we brehs we all black, its a zulu love and complexion dont mean a thing word to kendrick

:yeshrug::yeshrug:

people need to get that willie lynch bullshyt out of they head and start uniting with their brothers and sisters no matter their skin complexion.

:ufdup::ufdup:

Light/Dark/Brown is not the problem, it's when you preach black unity but you're laid up with a someone who ain't black.
A lot of black people, in both genders, are colorstruck. Black men and black women. It's not gender specific.
It's also not specific to just black people, every race has people male/female that think "the lighter the better".

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That doesnt mean anything

Damn near all Hispanics are mixed. Try being half black in a Mexican neighborhood and see how they take to you.
It does because you're saying that all mixed Blacks aren't really Black - by using the phrase "allow you in our community." So everyone (outside of a tiny % of Blacks) not in Africa is not Black according to this logic.