why do people assume its not pro black to date Light Skinned/Mixed people ?

QuavoFlow

Superstar
Daps
i honestly don't get it either

like I've dated black women of ALL skin tones

yet somehow when im seen with a light skin sista

i get the:francis: "she aite" look from some(women) even if she a baddie

but whenever im with a darkskin chick EVERYBODY(women) wants to compliment her and tell me how i ''won"

i think it's just insecurities for some:francis:

31Flavors

Guilty Pleasure
Daps
And at the end of the day we're all nikkas to them. Dubois or Garvey or Macolm or King - do you think they care?
You're either lightskinned or you like lightskinned women.

Look, I'm not saying that lightskinned people cant align themselves with us politically for mutual benefits but they're not us. In predominantly black societies, lightskinned blacks have historically looked down upon darker skin blacks. You see it in South Africa, you see it in the Dominican Republic, you see it in Haiti, you see it all over the Caribbeans and South America. The jury on them has been out for quite some time. America is a slight exception although they do a bit of the same shyt they do everywhere else.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
You're either lightskinned or you like lightskinned women.

Look, I'm not saying that lightskinned people cant align themselves with us politically for mutual benefits but they're not us. In predominantly black societies, lightskinned blacks have historically looked down upon darker skin blacks. You see it in South Africa, you see it in the Dominican Republic, you see it in Haiti, you see it all over the Caribbeans and South America. The jury on them has been out for quite some time. America is a slight exception although they do a bit of the same shyt they do everywhere else.
I'm not light skinned. One light skinned one dark skinned parent. Like most Black people all types of light skinned people are in my family and I know how they think and they aren't on some :mjpls:.

Raheem95

All Star
Daps
And at the end of the day we're all nikkas to them. Dubois or Garvey or Macolm or King - do you think they care?

pro black people frown upon a brother datin a light skinned or mixed sister but be promotin and want to be like/inspired by Malcolm X who is also mixed race. i seen on a pro black page where they called mixed people not black and worthless to the black community but then praised Malcolm. people are hypocritical.

31Flavors

Guilty Pleasure
Daps
I'm not light skinned. One light skinned one dark skinned parent. Like most Black people all types of light skinned people are in my family and I know how they think and they aren't on some :mjpls:.
So what? That's your family.

pro black people frown upon a brother datin a light skinned or mixed sister but be promotin and want to be like/inspired by Malcolm X who is also mixed race. i seen on a pro black page where they called mixed people not black and worthless to the black community but then praised Malcolm. people are hypocritical.
There are exceptions to every rule.

There are white people who were inspirational in the civil rights movements as well as Asians and other ethnicities. People from different religions, etc. Jews, Muslims. Malcolm X and other fair skinned civil rights activists dont cancel out what "lightskinned" blacks have done in The Dominican Republic, Haiti, Cuba, Brazil, South Africa, Puerto Rico and so on and so forth

Krazy K

All Star
Daps
I'm light brown and my girl is a yellow/redbone. One of her best friends(who didn't like her at first for being light) is dark brown and has made it a point to let it be known she would never date a black man my complexion or lighter. I simply said I would never date a black person that practices colorism :francis:
bytch been quiet ever since

Raheem95

All Star
Daps
they also think you are color struck when you date somebody light skinned and you are dark. but you actually love them.

they probably think this sister is color struck just because she is with a very light skinned man :francis::francis:

black-love-relationships-celibate-singles-black-the-real-miss-drea-daily0600.jpg

and people love saying that Steph and Ayesha Curry's relationship isn't Black Love :francis::francis:

Stephen-family-062615.jpg

fukk team light skinned vs dark skinned

we team melanin out here :mjcry::mjcry:

31Flavors

Guilty Pleasure
Daps
I'm light brown and my girl is a yellow/redbone. One of her best friends(who didn't like her at first for being light) is dark brown and has made it a point to let it be known she would never date a black man my complexion or lighter. I simply said I would never date a black person that practices colorism :francis:
bytch been quiet ever since
She prefers people who look like her. Nothing wrong with that.

The fact that we even allow you in our community is a reflection of how generous we are. No other race is as lenient with mixed people.