Why do most of our sistas want a god fearing man?

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston
they are god fearing, some just don't follow the rules
ask most self proclaimed religious people if they're afraid of hell or punishment and they'll tell you yes
some people call themselves christian off the strength of their fear of a higher power and damnation lol
them saying they want a god fearing man isn't saying they want him to be perfect, I would assume that just means no athiests :mjpls:

I'm not religious tho so :manny:

if they were afraid of hell that bad then they would do what they were supposed to do in order to avoid it.

and I ain't saying they gotta be perfect to be god fearing. But if the chicks is just living life however she wants and just goes to church Sunday, she shouldn't even be bringing up god fearing

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
the dude must not fear god too much if he just doing whatever--selling crack, robbin people , gang banging, etc and she must not be too god fearing if she stay taking ass pictures, got twerk vines online, getting drunk every weekend.

if either one of them behave like that then being god fearing shouldn't even be a requirement
I feel like people can do all that shyt and still break down in tears out of guilt and fear because of their fear and belief of god
it's a balance, you know
religious people are people too
they have a belief that a higher power will punish them for doing human things but they also have urges and desires
it's just a belief, you know?

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
IMO religion has made black folks weak as a whole, whenever we're ready to stand and fight you always have some bible thumping fool telling us to have faith and pray for things to get better.

It goes hand and hand. It's a homebase for a lot of people to feel loved. The sense of community around the world is built in the church, so let's not single out black people. I think the rational of SOME is just pray and let God handle it, instead of using the tools God gave you to handle it yourself.

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston
I feel like people can do all that shyt and still break down in tears out of guilt and fear because of their fear and belief of god
it's a balance, you know
religious people are people too
they have a belief that a higher power will punish them for doing human things but they also have urges and desires
it's just a belief, you know?

well shyt dont do it then!!
if a child knows that they gone get a whooping everytime they eat momma cookies then they need to stop eating it then.
not constantly eat them and in their head say IM STILL A PARENT OBEYING CHILD.

shyt when I was an Israelite I gave up seafood and pork, I wouldn't light fires on the Sabbath, got a letter printed from an official saying I couldn't work on the Sabbath, wouldn't celebrate Xmas, wouldn't shave my head, wouldn't get tattoos, etc. I was actually fearing the god of the bible. Not doing whatever I wanted and demanded somebody else to be fearful when I wasn't.

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
well shyt dont do it then!!
if a child knows that they gone get a whooping everytime they eat momma cookies then they need to stop eating it then.
not constantly eat them and in their head say IM STILL A PARENT OBEYING CHILD.

shyt when I was an Israelite I gave up seafood and pork, I wouldn't light fires on the Sabbath, got a letter printed from an official saying I couldn't work on the Sabbath, wouldn't celebrate Xmas, wouldn't shave my head, wouldn't get tattoos, etc. I was actually fearing the god of the bible. Not doing whatever I wanted and demanded somebody else to be fearful when I wasn't.
yeah but people are flawed and don't do things perfectly neat
why are the religious scrutinized so heavily?

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
I think as a man I would want a woman just as spiritual or religious as myself... Maybe even more so

BUT I do tend to believe that the women who do say something like that (when it comes to dating) are either lying about being religious/no good or doing it for an image.

Like my step moms was all "religious" but possibly one of the foulest people I ever met. And you'll meet a lot of those types in the church

Like going to church makes them better or erases what they consistently do outside the church, don't follow the bible, etc.,

Yep. Monday-Saturday, they're all about the :demonic:

Come Sunday, they spend a few hours in church and want to get all holy on you.

Black women who are on that religious tip are an instant turnoff for me, because I know they're trying to present an image of something they really aren't.

It's no better than them wearing a hair hat in terms of the blatant deception.