Why do black people get so mad at what other black people purchase?

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
I dont care what they spend their money on.

All I know is when these nukkas get sick or die, Ima be laughing if his\her family is talking about a gofundme or any type of shyt for raising money for their medical bills and/or funeral arrangements. Or donating to his childrens funds. Y'all better go get them 50K and 100K chains; And foreigns he was riding round in

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Just watched the lorenzen wright espn who killed him & dude made 50 million playing ball in 14 years . He blew all his money on houses , cars , dumb shieeet & ended up broke .

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Still TOO much tho...
Well, it had 6.3 AMG motor. The station wagon might cramp your style, but it is kind of a sleeper.

I wouldn't buy it for $44,000. I'd rather get a regular E-class wagon with a smaller engine.

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
im saying tho.. how DF you buy a camry as a MULTI MILLION dollar artist.. and its not like Kendrick on some Save save save shyt.. nah mean.. he not a flosser .. but... he aint out here in a Prius.. nah mean..
so its not like cats is like.. shytting on him for being financially savvy...
Yeah but....so when the car breaks down his sister needs to be able to afford to fix it. Not call him to have it fixed because she cannot afford it. If he had bought her some shyt like a BMW, Audi, Porsche etc then he would be on the hook for maint and repair...and a wise man would say fux that. Its just would lead to more headaches.

Its like when you buy your family a house. Dont buy them a fuxing mansion they cannot afford to pay taxes on and upkeep, because thats just another bill for you. That would be stupid on your part. You buy they ass a regular house.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Didn't refer to watching the President's pockets, but his words...a public figure is a public figure, fukk nikka. :gucci:

If you put shyt out in the public then the average Joe can say what the fukk they want.

Black community is different so you c00ns on "what about white people do with white celebs" thing are way off base. Blacks are held a different standards from Obama to the local nikka at the gym. So nothing "crab in the barrel" about the black community not liking a black celeb with the fake stunt shyt. Especially when black pastors, athletes and shyt are on it as well. The ESPN documentary on athletes especially going broke was embarrassing.

:gucci:If black twitter wants to go in on Migos for the fake stunting or Future for having 15 kids so be it...shyt isn't a good look for blacks.

nikkas use "crab in a bucket" inappropriately way more than "c00n" or "nikka".....:pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

Tavis Smiley/Jesse/Cornell West hating on Obama was a good example. :ufdup:

Did it embarrass you :heh:

You act like financial problems are exclusive to black people :camby:

There have been tons of white athletes who have gone broke as well

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
Thanks breh

The shelter shutting down hit me hardest because a lot of those people are mentally ill and have nowhere else to go. A lot of them are felons who can't rent anything because of their felony. I know they shouldn't have did the crime in the first place but damn, they did their time already. How they gonna get back on their feet? These cats sleeping under bridges in the middle of winter :mjcry:
A couple of years ago, my mother and I would go to Sam's Club once a month and spend like 500 dollars on snacks and fruit and socks, toothpaste etc. Then we would put together care packages and take them down to a shelter and pass them out. We did that for nearly a year until they closed down the shelter and reopened it as an outreach center. I really enjoyed doing that, and it was just me and her doing it, no churches or anybody else. Money out of our own pockets.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Didn't refer to watching the President's pockets, but his words...a public figure is a public figure, fukk nikka. :gucci:

If you put shyt out in the public then the average Joe can say what the fukk they want.

Black community is different so you c00ns on "what about white people do with white celebs" thing are way off base. Blacks are held a different standards from Obama to the local nikka at the gym. So nothing "crab in the barrel" about the black community not liking a black celeb with the fake stunt shyt. Especially when black pastors, athletes and shyt are on it as well. The ESPN documentary on athletes especially going broke was embarrassing.

:gucci:If black twitter wants to go in on Migos for the fake stunting or Future for having 15 kids so be it...shyt isn't a good look for blacks.

nikkas use "crab in a bucket" inappropriately way more than "c00n" or "nikka".....:pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

Tavis Smiley/Jesse/Cornell West hating on Obama was a good example. :ufdup:

Your conflation of two unrelated issues makes most of this post nonsensical.
You've completely pivoted away from pocket watching to how many kids future has or how the media treats Trump, which are strawmen.

As for your ESPN point, there is a difference between critiquing a documentary about athletes who are already broke (willfully sharing their stories), and assuming that every black person who spends more money than you would like them to is going to end up broke.

One is pocket-watching, one is not

Vilify

Superstar
Daps
Because black people are the biggest fans of black celebrities so it's a no brainer we will also be their biggest critics.

We are there through the good and bad.

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK
Because the elephant in the room is money like that can literally build communities, cities and even industries and black people have very little of those things to begin with. So being a black person with money comes with added pressure to build everybody else up.

The truth is, black people collectively can’t afford to have a culture of conspicuous consumption. Yes, a person can do whatever they want with their money. That’s doesn’t mean every decision is a smart one.