Why do black people get so mad at what other black people purchase?

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
OP is a fukkin idiot (suspected racist/butter biscuit negro) but

two words

group economics

black people are last on the economic ladder because we refuse to practice group economics. as soon as rappers, athletes, whatever... get money they give it right back to white people buying gucci, versace, lambos, ferraris....etc

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Some of us "get it", the overwhelming majority of us don't.

The fact that this thread was made asking this question in the first place is sad.

A white, Indian, Arab or Jewish man is always standing next to these athletes and rappers in these pics and we're still asking why some of us see a problem when we're last economically and don't own shyt:snoop:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
OP is a fukkin idiot (suspected racist/butter biscuit negro) but

two words

group economics

black people are last on the economic ladder because we refuse to practice group economics. as soon as rappers, athletes, whatever... get money they give it right back to white people buying gucci, versace, lambos, ferraris....etc

I can guarantee you that everything you’re wearing, every electronic device you own, your car and your boss is either white or Asian :heh:

fukk outta here :camby:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Some of us "get it", the overwhelming majority of us don't.

The fact that this thread was made asking this question in the first place is sad.

A white, Indian, Arab or Jewish man is always standing next to these athletes and rappers and we're still asking why some of us see a problem when we're last economically and don't own

Its broke nikkaz out here working minimum wage jobs bytching, complaining and pocket watching rich athletes and entertainers:heh:

You give your dollars to whites, Asians and Indians on the daily :heh:

ATownD19

The Black King You Love To Hate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Universe
Its nothing more than a moral shaming tactic. People do it all the time.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Google it. Black athletes/ celebrities give back to black people all the time. But it doesn’t fit your narrative so it often times goes ignored

Why i gotta google that and not the jewish centers I SEE EVERY DAMN WHERE I GO?
I live in a majority black city that has produced multiple black millionaires. A handful of which are worth hundreds of millions even. Where the community centers at?
And I'm not even talking about celebrities really, I bet half these jewish centers are funded by people none of us heard of

⠀⠀⠀

I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU THAT WE WON’T STOP
Daps
Reppin
CORONA, CA
i feel like these rappers should have a responsibility to build up their community. i feel like rick ross is actually doing that shyt. he's creating jobs for young black men and women. you got idiots like migos who wasting money every week on chains that someone could steal in a heartbeat. they aren't trying to build generational wealth. not even for their own families:yeshrug:

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
i feel like these rappers should have a responsibility to build up their community. i feel like rick ross is actually doing that shyt. he's creating jobs for young black men and women. you got idiots like migos who wasting money every week on chains that someone could steal in a heartbeat.:yeshrug:
#FACTS :francis:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Why i gotta google that and not the jewish centers I SEE EVERY DAMN WHERE I GO?
I live in a majority black city that has produced multiple black millionaires. A handful of which are worth hundreds of millions even. Where the community centers at?
And I'm not even talking about celebrities really, I bet half these jewish centers are funded by people none of us heard of

nikka you’re asking me like I know what city and state you live in :what:

You wana know why you see Jewish centers? Jews put their money together. They don’t guilt trip and rely on rich Jewish celebrities to get shyt poppin economically.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
i feel like these rappers should have a responsibility to build up their community. i feel like rick ross is actually doing that shyt. he's creating jobs for young black men and women. you got idiots like migos who wasting money every week on chains that someone could steal in a heartbeat. they aren't trying to build generational wealth. not even for their own families:yeshrug:

Please show me proof that The Migos aren’t building generational wealth for their own families

And I’ll just leave this here:

⠀⠀⠀

I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU THAT WE WON’T STOP
Daps
Reppin
CORONA, CA
Please show me proof that The Migos aren’t building generational wealth for their own families

And I’ll just leave this here:

i mean it's good that he launched that campaign but he wants us to donate the money. i'm not gonna hate on it though

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
Honestly I can't control what other cats are doing with their money,so I could care less. Because at the end of the day,you're either Battle Tested for this upcoming climate or you're not. SIMPLE. I'm only focusing on my pocket and what I can do for the MY community. I don't expect rich Celebs to help out and I will NEVER feel sorry for a millionaire with financial advisors working around the clock. :mjlol:

But I'm still gonna clown a fool for dropping 100K on a fukking station wagon, and 55K on a watch,even tho most people are normal and use their phones to tell time. :umad: They could've used that money to buy farmland.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
There's a legitimate concern that this glorification of consumer culture might have an adverse effect on the youth who look up to these famous people. They promote reckless spending (stupid shyt like making it rain in the club).

Plus the stories of these rappers and athletes going broke are numerous.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sometimes it's excessive like you can't be good with a 3k chain? Why drop 55k on a chain when you put that money towards something better.

A watch or car I understand, since those things can be collectors items
Pretty sure someone can micromanage your expenditure and tell you in what areas your spending is excessive. "did you really need to buy that $5 coffee, you shoulda made your own"