Why do black people get so mad at what other black people purchase?

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Man gtfoh with this weak shyt. We not talking about giving out turkeys or school supplies, or coat drives. We're talking about funding and building real institutions.

The fact that you’re unaware that black celebs/athletes don’t do this proves my point about your ignorance :manny:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Spending half a million on cars when you haven't even been a (supposed) millionaire a whole year is a very stupid thing to do. There are billionaires who don't do that. Promotion such extreme materialism is very destructive and one of the reasons we don't hold wealth in our communities.

You don’t know what billionaires spend their money on :heh:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Yeah this is a problem. We shouldn’t be looking for one black person to come to our rescue. It should be black people as a collective gettin shyt done economically.

Asian and Mexican people don’t look to their celebrities to get shyt done. They put their money together and make shyt happen. We gotta get on that type of shyt

Brother, we cannnot compare to Asians and Mexicans

They didn't go through slavery, Jim Crow and aren't owed by the govt...that's another story

But, I also put the blame on these celebrities preying off black ppls need for a Hero

You right, it's gonna take us collectively

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was riding thru west hollywood and beverly hills yesterday and kept seeing random ass "jewish centers". Lower merion where i use to live is full of them too. "Jewish center for women" "Jewish center for disabled kids", etc just all kinds of random community centers targeted to serve THEIR PEOPLE. Obviously some rich jews built and funded these..... where are the random community centers built and funded by black elites? Every major US city with large jewish population has 10+ of these privately funded centers guaranteed. Can we get 2 or 3 of them in majority black cities? damn

Collectively we have a fraction of a fraction of their wealth, with 5 times the population size..... that’s mainly why

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
Yeah but....so when the car breaks down his sister needs to be able to afford to fix it. Not call him to have it fixed because she cannot afford it. If he had bought her some shyt like a BMW, Audi, Porsche etc then he would be on the hook for maint and repair...and a wise man would say fux that. Its just would lead to more headaches.

Its like when you buy your family a house. Dont buy them a fuxing mansion they cannot afford to pay taxes on and upkeep, because thats just another bill for you. That would be stupid on your part. You buy they ass a regular house.
that car should still have a warranty on it tho.. nah? and we talking talking about 5 years from now

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
It ain't usually celebrities that get black people mad....it's that same nikka that begged you to lend them 100 dollars so they could make rent for the month. Then you see them with the latest iphone...and realize they just flossed you for 100 dollars that you'll never see again.
Then you see the same nikkas con-jobbin multiple people with the same thing and it makes you wanna break their legs....

For real. I know this one fool that literally puts out monetary requests on facebook to all his friends list...and these fools have the dumbassness to actually give money too!!!

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Because they are looking to athletes and entertainers to uplift the community, instead of intellectuals and elected officials. If they want to do something for their home town great if not, I guess it sucks. No one gives a shyt about white or other race celebrities are doing with cash buying, in fact those mfers are lawyering up and getting secret agents and shyt for their personal use.

I swear the only "intellectuals" that gain any traction are these youtube/social media personalities hawking their own products/agenda and shyt. Meanwhile elected officials are out here tap dancing for any lobbyist who donates a dollar to their campaign fund and being #relatable to get elected. The fake woke epidemic is very real and is the number one marketing tool at anyone's disposal. Cynical outlook but it's not unrealistic.

I only hate on these guys if I feel the chain looks stupid or there is another car I think looks more fly :mjlol:. Then again you have people like Plies who have admitted that he looks back at some old jewelry and says, "That could have been my son's college tuition all socked away :francis:." The number one reason is envy - he got it so why can't I?

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
When you live your life in the public eye, you're asking to receive input from the peanut gallery.

All kinds.

I'm sure when a new chain/whip is posted, there are just as many congratulatory comments as there are negative ones.

We have a tendency to focus on the latter.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
It ain't usually celebrities that get black people mad....it's that same nikka that begged you to lend them 100 dollars so they could make rent for the month. Then you see them with the latest iphone...and realize they just flossed you for 100 dollars that you'll never see again.
Then you see the same nikkas con-jobbin multiple people with the same thing and it makes you wanna break their legs....

For real. I know this one fool that literally puts out monetary requests on facebook to all his friends list...and these fools have the dumbassness to actually give money too!!!
nikkas gonna duck this one. Acting like extreme consumerism isnt a problem in the black community. Its a poisonous mentality that has people in poverty making impressing others top priority. People wanna be like but...but...whites stunt too! Whites dont have our problems, what they do aint got shyt to do with us, so nikkas need to stop deflecting. Same logic they use when it comes to black gangs only victimizing their own. But...but....the white man does it! The white man can also get away with killing blacks. We dont have the white mans privilege. fukk outta here.