why do black Americans dominate professional football and basketball?

why

• culture

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • genetics

Votes: 29 46.8%

• Total voters

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
You are using individual characteristics to define an entire group.

//////and race is basically what
Defining a group of people based on sheared characteristics
These characteristics are most noticeable physically things like hair skin body morphology and composition my nikka wtf I'm just parroting scientific observations
This ain't about racial supremacy or any dumb shyt a question was raised so I offered possible answers that's all//////

Did you ever consider that Black people dominating football and basketball has to do with the countless hours invested into these activities?

/////and many other children who are other races invested just as much time
I assume you live in America so you should know that individuals considered black are the minority
You should also no that the most advanced athletic programs cost money and are located in communities that are majority NOT BLACK //////

The kids I know who went pro were honing their craft while everyone else was having fun and just being a kid. They were getting their 10,000 hours in. Going to camps, building muscle in the gym, living and breathing their sport and treating it like a job from the time they were 8 years old. Yes, height and weight and muscle mass are factors, but what separates the average person from the greats in any field is their dedication.

//////Everthing you said here is right
But are you saying the only reason blacks/Africans dominate athletics is because the other races simply don't work as hard and are not as dedicated¿?¿?¿? Jahahahaa //////

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No matter how much motivation you have no matter what culture you come from
Your athleticism is determined by whatever your genetic ceiling is

Until genetic engineering becomes a safe and viable option you can only play the cards NATURE deals

And nature gives NO fukkS about your level of motivation or your culture

HONEST//////
not every black person can play basketball nor dance. there's white folks who can hold their own in sports or anything not considered white culture cause they either didn't spend time in the white community or just spent time perfected the talent.
in a given population if those [black] ppl try in football and basketball only they will find the best of the best in those sports.

black ppl laugh at white ppl embarassing themselves doing this in sports

tumblr_n1653vw7Dq1qdlh1io1_400.gif

but ultimately its white ppl laughing. they spend time worrying about shyt that really matters. not being 25 trying to hoop at the ymca.

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are using individual characteristics to define an entire group.

Did you ever consider that Black people dominating football and basketball has to do with the countless hours invested into these activities?

The kids I know who went pro were honing their craft while everyone else was having fun and just being a kid. They were getting their 10,000 hours in. Going to camps, building muscle in the gym, living and breathing their sport and treating it like a job from the time they were 8 years old. Yes, height and weight and muscle mass are factors, but what separates the average person from the greats in any field is their dedication.
ppl just think kobe, jordan, tiger woods were thrown those balls and they got it. not realizing they lost their childhoods trying to become pros.
that's why many athletes have no real social skills and get played by females/groupies/basketball wives.

same with child musicians like michael jackson.

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
//////Everthing you said here is right
But are you saying the only reason blacks/Africans dominate athletics is because the other races simply don't work as hard and are not as dedicated¿?¿?¿? Jahahahaa //////
to be a pro at that level not only does the individual has to have the dedication, their family and environment has to be deep in the culture too.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
not every black person can play basketball nor dance. there's white folks who can hold their own in sports or anything not considered white culture cause they either didn't spend time in the white community or just spent time perfected the talent.
in a given population if those [black] ppl try in football and basketball only they will find the best of the best in those sports.

black ppl laugh at white ppl embarassing themselves doing this in sports

tumblr_n1653vw7Dq1qdlh1io1_400.gif

but ultimately its white ppl laughing. they spend time worrying about shyt that really matters. not being 25 trying to hoop at the ymca.

Yeah you're right about "white" people(it's really more like pink but wtf) are more astute in important areas like politics economics and all those things related to higher education for the most part

But the question is about athleticism
I'm willing to bet that if you took the least athletic least coordinated member from every "race" the "black" individual would still be the most athletic coordinated among them

The most athletic black/african beats every other supposed race by a good margin(raw athleticism I'm not talking about trained skill just for your info)
Intellectually if you took the elite intellects of every race I believe you would find they're fairly close

And just to add I think the gap in intelligence between races has more to do with differences in education environment and culture than it does genetics

With the right education environment and culture the intelligence gap closes between "blacks"/Africans and what we call the other "races"

But given the same training the athletic gap remains the only way to close it for other races is performance enhancement genetic engineering or you could just of it the old fashioned way and you breed with the individual who has the desired traits but I know some people have a problem with being "black" jahahahaa

And honestly I don't give a fukk about this race war shyt because it's petty
Really just fighting over complexion and bone structure
Pale skin is no longer a necessary trait you can get enough vitamin d dietarily now
It's more just about holding onto cultural identity and holding onto history for paler folk yadda yadda yadda
There's nothing wrong with a little color you know add a few inches to your vertical shave a few seconds off your forty
I support genetic diversity and hybrid vigor
All in all

IT IS WHAT IT IS//////

Kublai Khan

Banned
Daps
It's a catch 22, if you believe in races being genetically more athletic then you kind of have to also believe that some races are genetically more intelligent.

It's kind of infused in American culture although, since everyone says blacks are good at basketballs, asians are good at math.

The same way a short person couldn't do jack in the NBA, I bet some of the professional athletes would be lost in the woods in a classroom.

A 6'6 dude can't even properly fit in a student's desk and chair lol, like it's not meant to be

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
ppl just think kobe, jordan, tiger woods were thrown those balls and they got it. not realizing they lost their childhoods trying to become pros.
that's why many athletes have no real social skills and get played by females/groupies/basketball wives.

same with child musicians like michael jackson.

This.

Leave it up to some of the posters in here and they'd tell you that White people are inherently good as a race at swimming, golf, bowling, nascar, & winter sports due to their genetic backgrounds.

Not even factoring in that most African Americans in this country have a recent White ancestor from that very same period of slavery that they're using to justify athletic excellence.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
It's a catch 22, if you believe in races being genetically more athletic then you kind of have to also believe that some races are genetically more intelligent.

This just isnt true. Ten posters have said it, but its false.

There are ways raw athleticism is measured. There aren't real ways intelligence is measured universally... plus you have to ask questions....and by the nature of the questions there can be cultural, national, and ethnic bias.... also class bias is hardly taken into account.

With athletics it isnt hard to tell what would happen if you put a bunch of random races on a basketball soccer or football field with no training at all... what a likely outcome would be.

Kublai Khan

Banned
Daps
This just isnt true. Ten posters have said it, but its false.

There are ways raw athleticism is measured. There aren't real ways intelligence is measured universally... plus you have to ask questions....and by the nature of the questions there can be cultural, national, and ethnic bias.... also class bias is hardly taken into account.

With athletics it isnt hard to tell what would happen if you put a bunch of random races on a basketball soccer or football field with no training at all... what a likely outcome would be.

You could say the same about a classroom.

Put a bunch of random races in a classroom to take standardized test. What do you think is gonna happen?

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You could say the same about a classroom.

Put a bunch of random races in a classroom to take standardized test. What do you think is gonna happen?
That depends on if all the economic levels, levels of reading comprehension, original language, etc is the same. Way too many factors.

No race has shown to be smarter in all situations because that hasn't existed.. and there are more factors than athletics. For raw intelligence maybe go back to ancient times and see who developed what first, but thats not even the question.

There are cornball dudes who never hung around their own race or culture that excelled in bball the same as a hood nikka who only had sports would excel... what race would u guess that person is?

Kublai Khan

Banned
Daps
That depends on if all the economic levels, levels of reading comprehension, original language, etc is the same. Way too many factors.

No race has shown to be smarter in all situations because that hasn't existed.. and there are more factors than athletics. For raw intelligence maybe go back to ancient times and see who developed what first, but thats not even the question.

There are cornball dudes who never hung around their own race or culture that excelled in bball the same as a hood nikka who only had sports would excel... what race would u guess that person is?

How bout you take students from homogenous countries like Finland, Japan, and Nigeria and make them take a standardized test on Math & Science? Who will be on top?

I understand there's many factor in Education but it can be compared to Athletics because you either got it or don't. It's not anyone's fault for a person being 5 foot, but it's also no ones fault for a country having less education.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
How bout you take students from homogenous countries like Finland, Japan, and Nigeria and make them take a standardized test on Math & Science? Who will be on top?

I understand there's many factor in Education but it can be compared to Athletics because you either got it or don't. It's not anyone's fault for a person being 5 foot, but it's also no ones fault for a country having less education.
There is a reason libyans only had 1/5 people in their population that could read. After ghaddffi over 80% could read. The factors in education rarely have to do with the individual. The factors in athletics have to do with the person parents and genes. Some of the most sorry nikkas I know, who didn't even try hard... ran 4 4' in hs. , could dunk, And could do back flips off bleaches n shyt. How many Caucasian nba players have entered the slam dunk contest?

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///

Well if all students are coming from similar economic backgrounds and have the same exact curriculum and preparation I believe you would find that the top tiers would be a mixed bag and even if one race came out on top the difference would be negligible

We are talking about the athletic gap
The record for the 100m is 9.58
The only Non-Africans to break the 10second wall ran a 99.8 and a 99.3
The two sports that are culturally supported "blacks" in the us American football and basketball are played by a majority of "blacks"
Nfl 80 percent black players nba 78 percent
And this is in a country where "blacks" are a minority and the youth who excel in these sports are not rich and are not exposed to world class training and nutrition until college
And yet the separation is clear basically from the earliest stages

And once again I say this is not about racially supremacy
This is about answering a question by clearly observing the facts

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
What makes you say that?

There are genius of every "race"
There are high iq individuals in every "race"
There may be more of said individuals in certain "races" than others but as it has been said before that has less to do with genetics and more to do with educational economic political and environmental factors etc.

Look at the the 100m record list
Look at the rosters of the nfl and nba ( the two sports that demand the most raw athleticism)
The gap is real and clear
Is the gap CIRCUMSTANTIAL or is the gap GENETIC¿?¿?¿?