why do black Americans dominate professional football and basketball?

why

• culture

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • genetics

Votes: 29 46.8%

• Total voters

Truth200

Banned
Daps
they felt our body was better for physical tasks like manual labor because they felt we were animals. those same beliefs fuel their accusations that we are superior at sports and dancing. i know positive stereotypes sounds nice, but they can be just as condescending. if wm were lead to believe their only way out of poverty was through basketball, then they would specialize in it and the NBA would be looking like the NHL. this same thing goes for bm in nba/nfl, and hispanics in the mlb. there is nothing special about us

I never really thought about it like this before, maybe humans are not that much different at all outside of skin color.

But i do stand by the fact that big strong healthy parents that breed together make the most athletic kids.

Andrew Wiggins parents are proof of this, that's a fact.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Denser bones
More fast twitch muscle fibers
Neuromelanin(a healthy efficient nervous system is important in athletics)
Higher testosterone levels
Living in areas with great sun exposure (vitamin d is a steroid hormone)
Ancestral diet (certain areas in africa offered much greater variety of food sources than non equatorial regions)
Yadda yadda yadda

Probably more that you could add but those are some of the things I can remember of the top of my head

And the whole discussion about genetics and intelligence violent behavior in blacks¿?¿?¿?

When Europeans and Asians and other humans you label as non black non african live in improvised conditions without quality education and high levels of narcotics and fire arms do they behave differently than humans labeled black/ african¿?¿?¿?(humans are generally shytty regardless of physical classifications)

Let's look at the facts and forget about opinion
This question is only so hard to answer because motherfukkers stay getting their feelings hurt over the truth

RELAX//////

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Motivation and culture.

Anyone in here making a genetics argument might as well join the KKK.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Motivation and culture.

Anyone in here making a genetics argument might as well join the KKK.

No matter how much motivation you have no matter what culture you come from
Your athleticism is determined by whatever your genetic ceiling is

Until genetic engineering becomes a safe and viable option you can only play the cards NATURE deals

And nature gives NO fukkS about your level of motivation or your culture

HONEST//////

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
No matter how much motivation you have no matter what culture you come from
Your athleticism is determined by whatever your genetic ceiling is

Until genetic engineering becomes a safe and viable option you can only play the cards NATURE deals

And nature gives NO fukkS about your level of motivation or your culture

HONEST//////

Does this apply to intelligence as well? Because that's the flip side of this argument.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Yes it applies to intelligence as well

But think about this
If you take every "race" of child and they are educated in the exact same manner you will find some exceptional individuals in every "race"

In terms of the apparent advantage that European and Asians have in terms if intelligence
That is a product of the economic standing/ culture even shyt like better nutrition( you could say its more of an epigenetic advantage meaning they have an environment that encourages development of intelligence)

Even with world class training only one European has broken the 10 second wall in the 100m
Now I think that like I said given the same education mental intelligence pretty much will level up with every"race"

I don't think that's the case with athleticism//////

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But imagine if the overall diet of the Black community was better, we'd see far better athletes than we do now.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yes it applies to intelligence as well /

76895grandpasimpson-vi.gif

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///

A 5'nothing 115 pound ectomorph with poor motor skills will never be an elite athlete
The same way a impoverished culturally destitute uneducated nitwit will never be a genius

The same way your physical stature is genetically determined
So is your MENTAL
Some people have a higher floor and ceiling than others
Different genetics different wiring different capabilities and capacities

The truth no matter how much it hurts is

we are NOT all created equally//////

CRY NOW//////

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
because we see the same populations excelling at different sports over the passage of time.

also because america has just as much, if not more talent pools to draw great soccer players from than the smaller, more homogenous countries that have more legendary players, and yet we dont. so genes are totally irrelevant as to why we are not great at soccer.
honestly America isn't great at soccer because no one really cares about it. And by that I mean "our athletes" tend to focus on things like football, basketball, baseball and track. The only kids who grow up playing soccer are the ones who couldn't really hack it with the big boys. In that regards soccer is a cultural thing. The question though by the OP is why do blacks dominate nfl and nba. While culture does play a roll in some regards genetics, at least in my opinion, is the larger answer to that particular question.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
A 5'nothing 115 pound ectomorph with poor motor skills will never be an elite athlete
The same way a impoverished culturally destitute uneducated nitwit will never be a genius

The same way your physical stature is genetically determined
So is your MENTAL
Some people have a higher floor and ceiling than others
Different genetics different wiring different capabilities and capacities

The truth no matter how much it hurts is

we are NOT all created equally//////

CRY NOW//////

You are using individual characteristics to define an entire group.

Did you ever consider that Black people dominating football and basketball has to do with the countless hours invested into these activities?

The kids I know who went pro were honing their craft while everyone else was having fun and just being a kid. They were getting their 10,000 hours in. Going to camps, building muscle in the gym, living and breathing their sport and treating it like a job from the time they were 8 years old. Yes, height and weight and muscle mass are factors, but what separates the average person from the greats in any field is their dedication.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
Mexicans runs boxing though :what:
Yes and no. Boxing is a little different because it's broken down by weight class so physical prowess doesn't really apply there as much as it does in the NBA or the NFL. If the NBA and the NFL had weight division you'd see a lot more hispanics and asians.
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/ad/ad347.pdf
age 20-39 average weight in lbs by race in america (1988-1994)- (1994-2002)
white-180 - 189.7
black-182 -189.1
mexican-166.9 - 172.5

age 20-39 height in inches by race in america (1988-1994)- (1994-2002)
white-69.9 - 70.2
black- 69.7 - 70
mexican- 67 - 66.8 (we're fukin shrinking)

Size makes a difference in certain sports that where there isn't a weight class breakdown. In those sports you see people who are on average...larger, doing better and that's all just genetically based.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
You are using individual characteristics to define an entire group.

Did you ever consider that Black people dominating football and basketball has to do with the countless hours invested into these activities?

The kids I know who went pro were honing their craft while everyone else was having fun and just being a kid. They were getting their 10,000 hours in. Going to camps, building muscle in the gym, living and breathing their sport and treating it like a job from the time they were 8 years old. Yes, height and weight and muscle mass are factors, but what separates the average person from the greats in any field is their dedication.
you're talking about two different things though.
You just described work ethic. There are thousands of short kids around the country who will do the exact same fukin thing but not get selected to play pro simply because they're at a disadvantage. Maybe i'm the only one noticing the, what I thought was a pretty obvious and blatant similarity across all pro NBA teams, HEIGHT MATTERS. Like you guys see that everyone on the court is over 6 feet tall right? I'm not the only one who sees this right?

You described me in highschool with that work ethic thing by the way. The furthest I was able to get was college ball at a division 3 school (it's division 2 now). I swear I could ball too, but at 5'9" there's only so far skill and work ethic will take you in a world dominated by giants.