why do black Americans dominate professional football and basketball?

why

• culture

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • genetics

Votes: 29 46.8%

• Total voters

Truth200

Banned
Daps
I definitely see more pretty black girls with white guys out in society than i see pretty white girls with black guys.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:smh: blackking eh?

Slaves weren't bred for endurance in terms of running long ass distances, in fact that's counter intuitive to a trait you'd want a slave to have. But BIIIIG.. fuk yeah we know they bread big with big to make big it's not like we're making that up.

Culture does play a role in it as well as people who are predisposed to excelling at a certain thing tend to gravitate towards that thing...that just makes good sense to do what you're naturally gifted at.

SIZE is more prohibitive in the NFL and NBA than in damn near any sports.

Good sports breakdown:
Genetics - 80%
Culture - 10%
Attitude - 100%
Shoes - 10%
Thanks for the breakdown... idk about shoes, but I agree that it's attitude.

and why do you have to call me out about one of my bms? I didn't say the race..

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Best post i read on this topic yet by @blackzeus

Blake_Griffin_with_his_father_Tommy_Griffin_and_mother_Gail_Griffin.jpg

Yes, let's ignore Blake's Griffin mom being 6'2"+, with the looks and shoulders of a man, who was probably an athlete herself in her high school/college days. On a side note, didn't know Blake's dad was Haitian :ehh:

2) Nothing is guaranteed in life, everything is probability, however slim. That's why I as a scientist I talk like that. However, that doesn't mean something isn't 90-99% probable. If I take a stud horse, and breed it with a mare of good stock, odds are it's going to produce impressive offspring. That's why the stud horse's semen is worth millions. That's why slave owners would have their most impressive slave copulate with as many women as possible on their plantation. They're playing the odds that will improve their stock. You don't need to be a geneticist to manipulate characteristics. How do you think all the variations of japanese koi carp came into existence? The white Arabian stallion? Ligers? So you're saying the Arabs and the Japanese from the 1800s were geneticists? :dead:

3) Slavery in and of itself doesn't have a relationship to black athleticism. Mutombo, Dalembert, Ibaka, all probably came from stock that were never slaves. However the interbreeding that occured as a result of the plantation owner's quest to produce superior slaves has a direct correlation to your average professional African-American athlete.

4) Birthing A Slave- Book on Motherhood in the Antebellum south

^^^Direct quotes from former slaves from a 400 page book on the topic. This the last response to you breh, let's just agree to disagree
I don't 100% agree w your point...

but I like it when people quote the actual source.. and in this case there isn't a better source

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Soccer is more endurance and coordination than athleticism.
I don't really want to get into a back and forth with you, but it seems like you are implying that soccer is just a bunch of people good at manipulating a ball while jogging around a field for 90 minutes.
The first part is true, but soccer players are explosive. Look at their quads and hamstrings. Forwards and skill players don't focus on endurance, you train by sprinting and learning to recover fast from those sprints. When you get the ball, you are using fast twitch fibers and beating a man takes power. Off the ball you may jog lightly, walk, or make a run which again you in a full out sprint. You can't run 5 miles a day and expect to be in game shape. You will be the most ineffective person on the field. Now if you added suicides, weight training, explosive training...then ya now you are in game shape. Saying soccer doesnt involve athleticism is just wrong. The best players in the world are running sub 5 second 40s.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't really want to get into a back and forth with you, but it seems like you are implying that soccer is just a bunch of people good at manipulating a ball while jogging around a field for 90 minutes.
The first part is true, but soccer players are explosive. Look at their quads and hamstrings. Forwards and skill players don't focus on endurance, you train by sprinting and learning to recover fast from those sprints. When you get the ball, you are using fast twitch fibers and beating a man takes power. Off the ball you may jog lightly, walk, or make a run which again you in a full out sprint. You can't run 5 miles a day and expect to be in game shape. You will be the most ineffective person on the field. Now if you added suicides, weight training, explosive training...then ya now you are in game shape. Saying soccer doesnt involve athleticism is just wrong. The best players in the world are running sub 5 second 40s.

And I never said soccer doesn't involve athleticism.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
So soccer isn't heavily dependent on endurance and coordination? :leon:. Interesting.
1) All sports require some form of endurance.
2)Athleticism is required
3) you do not spend 45mn running.
4)First touch, positional sense, technique and vision are much more important.

If soccer was all about coordination and endurance, then an African team would have won a World Cup by now :mjpls: