why do black Americans dominate professional football and basketball?

why

• culture

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • genetics

Votes: 29 46.8%

• Total voters

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Athletes tend to come from poor urban areas.
The black poor tend to live in urban areas.

=

The answer

Look at who was running boxing, Baseball etc... prior to the great migration (and when blacks were held out of sports).
It was ethnic white people who were in these ghettos. Irish, and Italians mainly.

wheywhey

Pro
Daps
How bout you take students from homogenous countries like Finland, Japan, and Nigeria and make them take a standardized test on Math & Science? Who will be on top?

I understand there's many factor in Education but it can be compared to Athletics because you either got it or don't. It's not anyone's fault for a person being 5 foot, but it's also no ones fault for a country having less education.

This is already done. The PISA exam is taken by several countries every three years by 15 year olds. No black countries participate. African countries would do poorly because most do not offer free and mandatory high school education. The black Caribbean countries would do the same as black Americans. Click the link for rankings:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PISA_2012

Last edited:

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Genetics play a factor as in tall parents...but that's not racially exclusive.

The issue is not being "black enough" if ya not a superior athlete or all blacks care about is being an athlete is an issue.

Tall white guys play volleyball and tall black guys play basketball...swap em out and with proper training it will add up.

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
yea, I don't see how you can say anything other than genetics.

funny random story lol- I grew up in a middle class area that was predominantly white and spanish. Every year in elementary school we'd have "field day" which was kinda set up like the olympics. There was barely ever any black kids in my classes (like 2-3 in each class of 25 kids), but from Kindergarten-5th grade, the fastest kid in my class on field day was always a black kid. shyt used to have me like :huh: when I was little

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
yea, I don't see how you can say anything other than genetics.

funny random story lol- I grew up in a middle class area that was predominantly white and spanish. Every year in elementary school we'd have "field day" which was kinda set up like the olympics. There was barely ever any black kids in my classes (like 2-3 in each class of 25 kids), but from Kindergarten-5th grade, the fastest kid in my class on field day was always a black kid. shyt used to have me like :huh: when I was little

:russ: I remember when we first moved out of the hood to the country suburbs of Houston. There were a small handful black kids in my grade mostly white kids and we would steam roll field days. We were given beads for each event. Black for 1st place and Red for 2nd place.That is usually when white people start picking out the black kids that they can groom for football in Texas. Back in day when I was I am not a kid anymore... :wow:

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mmmm yeah in a way you are right
Those cultural and environmental differences over a long span of time is what led to the genetic differences in the first place(along with genetic recombination that happens with reproduction) at least that is what makes the most sense to me

Whose to say what genetic traits will emerge and become dominant in the future

But currently the athletic ace card is with the "blacks"/Africans//////
it's a small world now and ppl live similarly and exercise similarly. all basketball and football players or, any athletes for that matter, around the world have similar builds that i'd say is even different from the rest of their populations.

and now athletes can alter their bodies with human growth hormones or similar shyt.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:russ: I remember when we first moved out of the hood to the country suburbs of Houston. There were a small handful black kids in my grade mostly white kids and we would steam roll field days. We were given beads for each event. Black for 1st place and Red for 2nd place.That is usually when white people start picking out the black kids that they can groom for football in Texas. Back in day when I was I am not a kid anymore... :wow:
I went to HS in Texas... same thing happen to us... it was never really a 'try out' if your were at a white school. It was more like, take your pick.. running back or wide receiver.. and a few picked qb. It was sorta racist... but still.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
sub-rhoden-master675.jpg

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Mo’ne Davis was on the mound for the first time since her suffocating performance in the Mid-Atlantic Regional championship, when she shut out Delaware-Newark National to lead Taney Youth Baseball Association of Philadelphia to the Series. Most of the announced 15,648 in attendance recognized the potential for something historic to unfold.

Could she live up to the hype?

Yes.

Davis pitched six innings, gave up a pair infield hits and struck out eight in a 4-0 victory over Nashville. By the end of fifth inning, with her Tennessee counterpart at the 85-pitch limit, Davis had thrown just 44.

“I didn’t play sports growing up,” she said. “I didn’t play anything, and I didn’t want her to play — I thought she’d get hurt. But when I saw how good she was in basketball, I said it was O.K.”:usure:

After Davis’s impressive performance on Sunday and the subsequent news media attention, fans were eager to see a girl who was not just playing with the boys but dominating them, on a level playing field.

the first girl in Little League World Series history to earn a win
As good as she is at baseball, basketball has actually always been her favorite sport.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
it's a small world now and ppl live similarly and exercise similarly. all basketball and football players or, any athletes for that matter, around the world have similar builds that i'd say is even different from the rest of their populations.

and now athletes can alter their bodies with human growth hormones or similar shyt.

Yeah and what we are seeing is that even with the similarities in lifestyle and training
There are more "black" athletes excelling in the dynamic explosive aspects of sports
Yeah you have explosive athletes in every "race" but the MOST explosive athletes are "black"

Darker complexion&Skeletal structure are two characteristics used to group a race together
A higher concentration of fast twitch muscle fibers appears to be one of those characteristics as well
You can't just take what characteristics you want jahahahaa
Until genetic engineering comes around you don't get to cherry pick traits
So if you want to be the best athlete in the world at this point no matter how much you don't like it YOU BETTER HAVE SOME "BLACK" IN YOU jahahahaa

If your hurt and offended by this you're a fukking rascist
That's what you get for pigeonholing yourself by a stupid fukking trait like complexion and hair color/texture jahahahaa //////

OOOOO OOOOO OOOO OOOO OOOOO OOOOOO
OOOOOO OOOOO OOOO
LET IT BURN
LET IT BURN
GOTTA LET IT BURN

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
It's no coincidence that the most athletic position in football, cornerback, has basically zero white guys suiting up. Jason Sehorn is the only one that comes to mind. Can't tell me it's culture, like oh, coaches don't let white kids play DB