Why Did Dreamcast flop?

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dreamcast/2K was never:mjpls: by their cover athletes.

They made the black athletes that middle white America hated to be their cover athletes. :ohlawd:

L33te

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember being in Electronics Boutique and they had it where you could play NBA 2K in the store. My eyes was :ooh::gladbron::whew:.

The players look so real and they had all of the NBA arenas.

NBA 2K>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NBA Live 2000.

Christmas of 99'. :wow::ohlawd:

NBA 2K (1999) - Dreamcast Video Game TV Commercial - Featuring Allen Iverson - Sega Dreamcast - YouTube

Then when Virtual Tennis and Tennis 2K2 dropped :wow:

me, my bro, and my dudes use to pile up in my room and play the shyt out of virtual tennis lol

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
loved Dreamcast, thought PS2 was beyond it for all the reasons stated.

Sega Genesis is still my #1 favorite system. Never got into the SNES much myself. It was a great system though. SNES> Any Nintendo system after it in my opinion.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:laff: :laff: :laff: at spilz making multiple posts without understanding a simple point

The genesis was always viewed as the more 'adult'/darker/edgier console out of the two you retard. That's all wacky was saying, and to him that was the reason he rocked with it. He wasn't saying the snes was shyt or even that ghe genesis was overall better in general

And :dahell: at sports games being a niche market back then. If you didn't have either fifa, international superstar soccer, subuttio or foktball manager over here NOONE was fukking with you

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:laff: :laff: :laff: at spilz making multiple posts without understanding a simple point

The genesis was always viewed as the more 'adult'/darker/edgier console out of the two you retard. That's all wacky was saying, and to him that was the reason he rocked with it. He wasn't saying the snes was shyt or even that ghe genesis was overall better in general

And :dahell: at sports games being a niche market back then. If you didn't have either fifa, international superstar soccer, subuttio or foktball manager over here NOONE was fukking with you

:salute:

Nah. Overall, Genesis was way more gator than the SNES, and I had both systems.....The culture that Madden\NBA Live on the genesis spawned within itself was >>>>than whatever the SNES had to offer.........

But your opinion is just that, yours...

yup.

don't forget sega sports was right up there with it.

You too dense to get it and probably never came out on your front porch till you were 18.........

The sad part is, you tried to refute my point but everything in your post solidifies it.....

The previous poster was right....The SNES had a kid feel, and the entire Sega campaign revolved around being edgier, darker, and more mature.....

The games were flyer overall, case closed.....

And anybody that had "100s" of games for his SNES, well, nevermind.....:jawalrus:

yea, exactly.

that's all im saying.

dudes is rewriting history in here acting like the SNES wasn't geared more towards kids. that was always Nintendo's angle. from SNES to N64.(i'll leave the NES out of it). they just didn't go all the way in with the kid chit until now with the Wii, but that was always their m.o.

game gear was rawer than game boy as well.

but ur WRONG..cause even in COMPARISON...it wasn't kid shyt..lol..why u think SNES is regarded the way it is?...cause it literally did everything RIGHT...nintendo then was NOT what it is now...they had the games...from adult..to kids...it was a universal system dog and there's nikkas 5 years my senior that would tell u u trippin..it's kid shyt cause of a fukkin boxing game?..son..u wasn't a true gamer then...u liked what u liked...just say that and keep it movin fam...go into a retro game store and repeat what u sayin and u would get schooled my nikka..lol..

SNES is regarded the way it is because the kids that grew up on it are grown now. lol.

sega, on the other hand, had the adults & teens on smash in real-time. im not saying that SNES didn't have adults & teens playing, but Sega had em in an abundance. and they made addicts out of people that wouldn't normally be playing video games like that.

like dude said, sega brought in a whole nother culture.

hell, the only reason I got the sega when I got it was because my pops wanted it. one of the reasons why I have so many games is because alot of my video games were chit that my parents really wanted.:laugh: a lot of those games weren't even carried by SNES.

nikka...SEGA had them shyts as well..the GENESIS version of ALADDIN was a FANTASTIC classic game and better than the SNES version.....this is how I KNOW u have no idea what u talkin bout...this is BEFORE gettin a Disney game was automatically corny..when they actually had good games...just leave it alone fam..lol...u wasn't a gamer like that..or..u ONLY had a Sega...pick one..

youre right.

sega and snes had a lot of the same games.

I prolly never realized that Aladdin was on sega because it was more synonymous with what SNES was doing. I actually remember either that or the lion king getting critical acclaim. but yea, playing those game was type corny tho. I mean, if you rocked with it, then cool. but it was nothing to brag about having.

son u compared the SNES to the Wii in terms of kid shyt and that's just flat out wrong...the SNES had mass appeal to both kid and adult crowds...just as the Sega...Nintendo just had a less gritty and more polished style than Sega but that was due to Sega's graphic limitations alot of the time...Sega did the sports games better most of time that's just a fact...SNES did fighting games better most of the time...when it came to cartoon animations..Sega did it better...SNES had the better platformers..RPG's...Fighting games alot of the time...the was bout equal with the side scrollers...Genesis was one of the greatest systems of all time and I wont take that away from it..but SNES wasn't kid shyt...it literally had flat out more quality games for the system...Sega had alot of good niche games as well..but the big titles..Nintendo had that...they both had some of the greatest games of all time...SNES just had more of them..lol...and yea fam..there's mad retro stores I cant tell u if there's any in Philly tho..

no, I didn't compare SNES to the Wii in terms of kid chit. I said it was kid chit in comparison to the genesis. its like this: genesis made SNES look like the Wii, the same way that say BG made lil wayne look like bow wow. not saying that wayne was bow wow, but in comparison to BG, he sure was.

whats the name of the retro store franchises?

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Honestly, Sega never recovered from the failure of the Sega Saturn, they were gonna fall whether the Dreamcast sold well or not

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Easy answer.

Lack of ea support. EA was BIG back then. I loved the 2k series but it wasn't in its prime as far as dominance....EA was DOMINANT and they didn't have them.

I think if they had yea support they would've lasted at least 5 years.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Lies..The SNES version looked better but played like shyt compared to the Genesis. And aint no objective person is going to say otherwise and you know it........But keep toting that flag

And my reading comprehension is fine, I knew you said 100s between both, but since you dikkride Nintendo so hard, I feel like 90% of those multiple 100s were SNES games......:obama:

nikka are u on crack?..u thinking bout MK1?....u gonna sit here and say the MK2 on the genesis did ANYTHING better than SNES?...this how I KNOW u don't know shyt...and I don't care what u "feel"...I was amd still am a fan of both systems...I'm just keepin it 100..I still can't get over the fact that u sayin the MK2 SNES version played like shyt compared to the genesis version when EVERYONE who knows anything knows the SNES version was the literal best home console version of that game for years...it was as close as u was gonna get to the arcade version at the time...it did everything better...graphics..sound..it was smoother...more balanced...less glitches...etc..nikka go get some emulators and play both games and come back and holla at me...

Here u go nikka..learn somethin..
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcJs6wxdpsA"]Mortal Kombat II Genesis vs SNES Review by CGV - YouTube[/ame]

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin

Son..my dude compared the SNES is comparable to the Wii in terms of "kid shyt"..which is why he ain't fukk wit it..number one..I know dudes age..he's not old enough to even feel that way at the time..I said from the jump..if he only fukked wit the Genesis...and the sports games n such..that's perfectly fine...but just cause that's what HE was fukkin wit when he was young dont mean on an overall level he can shyt on the other joint and dismiss it as "kid shyt"..there's one thing to say it wasnt marketed as mature..and the other to say it was kid shyt...cause it wasnt...seeing that some of the most popular games played by adults at the time was played on the SNES...Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat 2..and I loved Fifa by the way...lol..I made a trade wit my homeboy for that game...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin

yup.

don't forget sega sports was right up there with it.

yea, exactly.

that's all im saying.

dudes is rewriting history in here acting like the SNES wasn't geared more towards kids. that was always Nintendo's angle. from SNES to N64.(i'll leave the NES out of it). they just didn't go all the way in with the kid chit until now with the Wii, but that was always their m.o.

game gear was rawer than game boy as well.

SNES is regarded the way it is because the kids that grew up on it are grown now. lol.

sega, on the other hand, had the adults & teens on smash in real-time. im not saying that SNES didn't have adults & teens playing, but Sega had em in an abundance. and they made addicts out of people that wouldn't normally be playing video games like that.

like dude said, sega brought in a whole nother culture.

hell, the only reason I got the sega when I got it was because my pops wanted it. one of the reasons why I have so many games is because alot of my video games were chit that my parents really wanted.:laugh: a lot of those games weren't even carried by SNES.

youre right.

sega and snes had a lot of the same games.

I prolly never realized that Aladdin was on sega because it was more synonymous with what SNES was doing. I actually remember either that or the lion king getting critical acclaim. but yea, playing those game was type corny tho. I mean, if you rocked with it, then cool. but it was nothing to brag about having.

no, I didn't compare SNES to the Wii in terms of kid chit. I said it was kid chit in comparison to the genesis. its like this: genesis made SNES look like the Wii, the same way that say BG made lil wayne look like bow wow. not saying that wayne was bow wow, but in comparison to BG, he sure was.

whats the name of the retro store franchises?
Those games wasnt corny fam...and the genesis version of Aladdin was so much better than the SNES version it was ridiculous..lol...u got a sword and the animations was better...SNES stepped it back up wit the Lion King tho..these were great games..not kid games but great games in general...and hard as fukk...especially the Lion King..like I said..things was different then than they are now...those games were no more corny than playing Sonic or Mario...son get some emulators and put both full catalogs of games..and u will see exactly what I'm talkin bout..genesis was marketed as more mature but the SNES was NOT looked at the way the Wii is looked at in comparison..that's just not true...this is why I'm sayin if u only played certain shyt u can't speak on that or make that broad of a statement..u literally didnt experience over half of the games...on both systems..lol...man I still got game magazines from that era put away somewhere...I remember my friends used to call my crib and I used to give them all the codes n shyt...lol..

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
:snoop:

Opinions are just that, opinions..But facts are facts

These are the words of the guy doing the so called "review"

The only thing I learned was something I already knew....that I was right :win:

No..u aren't right...SNES was the better version of the game OVERALL..I can't even believe I'm arguing this shyt..u just ignored the whole plethora of shyt the SNES version did better?...son literally if u went to the store to cop MK2 and said u had both systems u would've gotten directed towards the SNES version...same way it was the opposite of that wit the Sega version of MK1(which I liked even better than the arcade version)..it's a fact the SNES version of MK2 was better...not an opinion..

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No..u aren't right...SNES was the better version of the game OVERALL..I can't even believe I'm arguing this shyt..u just ignored the whole plethora of shyt the SNES version did better?...son literally if u went to the store to cop MK2 and said u had both systems u would've gotten directed towards the SNES version...same way it was the opposite of that wit the Sega version of MK1(which I liked even better than the arcade version)..it's a fact the SNES version of MK2 was better...not an opinion..

I thought your original post was about Mortal Kobmat, not Mortal Kombat 2....

MK2 was better on the SNES.

But the Genesis was doper overall than the SNES

and MK on genesis>>>>than SNES

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I know dudes age..he's not old enough to even feel that way at the time..

lol, why does Wacky always get himself in this predicament

anyway, say what you want, but SNES had some of the greatest games of all time

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I thought your original post was about Mortal Kobmat, not Mortal Kombat 2....

MK2 was better on the SNES.

But the Genesis was doper overall than the SNES

and MK on genesis>>>>than SNES

:what: son I said MK1 on the Genesis was better from the jump...all of em after tho..was better on the SNES...all the Street Fighters aside from Special Champion Edition..was better on the SNES...by the time the middle to the end of the gen hit Sega couldn't compete wit the SNES...when it started showing its true power...which is why a lot of Arcade ports was coming to SNES..such as Killer Instinct...son I'm speaking facts..I loved both systems fam and I'm not tryna throw salt on the Genesis...it's one of the GOAT systems...u may very well like the Genesis better...but the SNES did damn near everything better and had the better overall games and at one point it wasnt even close....