Why Did Dreamcast flop?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
you responded too fast. how many gigs you got?

if you look back at my post, you'll see that i edited in that i was like the only one that didn't bang with street fighter. obviously, i edited too late. but that kinda makes most of this post a wash, but hey, that's my fault for not being clear. but yea, im not slighting street fighter at all. i understand that im in a minority there. and yes, champions edition is the name of it.

but as for the other stuff, i never had any problem with SNES. i enjoyed playing it, but i knew that it wasn't necessary for me to have both systems as genesis covered 95% of my gaming needs. there were always a few SNES games that i wished i had but it wasn't worth asking for a whole system. same with every other system that i didn't have.

meh, i knew people with 2 current systems but usually their libraries were lackin. i knew way more 1-system people. like way more. besides, i knew kids that didn't have any 16-bit systems at all, unfortunately.

See that's what I'm sayin fam...personal preference is one thing but in the grand scheme of things shyt can be totally different...I'm speaking from the perspective of having both systems with extensive libraries...I knew the difference first hand fam...I was a straight up video game head back then..lol..

Daps
Thank u...I didnt even think it was worth responding to actually..nikkas showin they lack of gaming knowledge..lol

my first gaming console was an Intellivision. The first Game i ever played was Tron.

I had Super mario 3 the day it came out. You young ass kids don't
shyt about gaming. what do you about No save points? Games that were actually hard? games that actually realistic immersion (tie fighter/ Falcon 3.0/mechwarrior 2) Games that actually needed strategy? You know absolutely nothing.

All you know the Age of shyt gaming that was ushered by Sony and it's bullshyt.

Annoying tutorial characters--a sony first.
gay ass save points and in-game hand holding--brought to us by Sony.
Unecessary 3D reboots--sony
pointless gameplay used to get to next FMV cut scene--sony.
FF10 (the gayest game of all time)--sony.

When Sony took over the industry there was PC gaming enlightenment age because all the creative devs moved to the then superior Windows format.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
cause when someone points out that you were like 8 when some album came, it's "b-b-but my mom was a DJ, and my uncle... :sadcam: "

youre getting 2 separate eras confused:

1. i bring up my mom and uncle ONLY when talking about '70s & '80s rap because people cant seem to fathom how i came up on a lot of those records since before pre-school. and i don't even argue about that stuff. people on here just get mad when i list certain artists that theyre not up on. that's not my problem.

2. now as far as me being 8, I WAS OFF THE PORCH BY THEN. i don't have to bring up my mom, uncle or anybody. especially seeing that their DJ'ing and rapping days were far far behind them by that point. i was my own "man" doing my own thing by then. and the only people that have a problem with this on here and cant seem to understand this are the white cats and the stay-in-the-house niccas that didn't get up on game until later in life. that's a social disconnect. and again, not my problem. funny thing is, @spliz is in the same boat as me when it comes to this. that's how i got cool with him in the 1st place. with that said, youre just trying to jumble up 3 or more different issues you have with me into one and youre not making much sense.

SF was fuct up on the Genesis if you only had the 3 button controller

i didn't care for the arcade or snes versions neither.

i mean, i liked it, but just not on that level.

Last edited by a moderator:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
my first gaming console was an Intellivision. The first Game i ever played was Tron.

I had Super mario 3 the day it came out. You young ass kids don't
shyt about gaming. what do you about No save points? Games that were actually hard? games that actually realistic immersion (tie fighter/ Falcon 3.0/mechwarrior 2) Games that actually needed strategy? You know absolutely nothing.

All you know the Age of shyt gaming that was ushered by Sony and it's bullshyt.

Annoying tutorial characters--a sony first.
gay ass save points and in-game hand holding--brought to us by Sony.
Unecessary 3D reboots--sony
pointless gameplay used to get to next FMV cut scene--sony.
FF10 (the gayest game of all time)--sony.

When Sony took over the industry there was PC gaming enlightenment age because all the creative devs moved to the then superior Windows format.
Son Shut up...and yes..I had Super Mario 3 when it came out as well...maybe not the exact day..but def the year..and I had over 150 games for NES..people who been gaming since before u was born wouldn't say PS2 was the worst system of all time...that shyt just sounds retarded...and I'm not a kid..I have kids..fall back..

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
See that's what I'm sayin fam...personal preference is one thing but in the grand scheme of things shyt can be totally different...I'm speaking from the perspective of having both systems with extensive libraries...I knew the difference first hand fam...I was a straight up video game head back then..lol..

and that's what ive been trying to tell you from jump.

im primarily a sports-game head. so my gaming tastes are cut from the cloth of the older casual-gaming cats. SNES was more kid-friendly, while genesis spawned a whole new & different culture of gaming.

you took it upon yourself to take offense.

that's what the others were trying to get across to you when they jumped in earlier.

Oroko Saki

The Shredder
Daps
Im not sure how this turned into SNES vs Genesis...

Both are all time great systems that came out in the Goat video game era. But lets not act like Sega Genesis aint better

Dreamcast was a great last minute effort by Sega. Ive played Hydro Thunder for PS1, N64 and Dreamcast. The graphics and sound were by far the best on Dreamcast.

The crazy thing is even the NBA 2K games now are basically improved and updated versions of the original NBA 2K. I still remember getting Dreamcast for my birthday and playing 2K for the first time

I remember the Sega Smashpack that had the original sonic games and Streets of Rage 2 on it. One of these days i gotta cop another Dreamcast, I still have a few games and a controller

Family Man

Banned
Daps
I had a Saturn and bought "Tomb Raider" anyway. :manny:

Thought it was the GOAT game at the time.

Then I went over my boy's house and seen "Tomb Raider" on PS1 and was :mindblown: because it looked, played and ran 100x better.

Went and copped a Dreamcast the first day it came out anyway. :manny:

Fred.

Damn. I didnt know there was such a huge difference between them

Last edited by a moderator:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
it's the same crap. you were the coolest 8 y/o ever, or maybe second after Art Barr...

:wtf: both console versions were a joke compared to the arcade

no its not the same.

and no, as much as i'd like to, i cant accept that award. there were millions of kids like me. a lot of them were cooler.

its only ostracized on here. i never catch criticism for this offline.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
no its not the same.

and no, as much as i'd like to, i cant accept that award. there were millions of kids like me. a lot of them were cooler.

its only ostracized on here. i never catch criticism for this offline.

yeah, millions of kids like you... in other words, you were just a kid. you're the one trying to say there was something about your experience that made you have a more mature perspective or whatever

and as usual, you go to the "I never hear this offline" crap. that's actually similar to what I'm talking about...

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
cause it had only one analog stick.

a lot people overlook the importance of a controller for a console. by how well the controller is design will determine the success of the console.

snes > sega
ps1 > sega cd and n64
ps2 > gamecube, dreamcast and xbox
wii(not because it had a good controller, but a "revolutionary gimmicy controller">360> ps3

The Great One

Swag Surfin
Daps
Im not sure how this turned into SNES vs Genesis...

Both are all time great systems that came out in the Goat video game era. But lets not act like Sega Genesis aint better

Dreamcast was a great last minute effort by Sega. Ive played Hydro Thunder for PS1, N64 and Dreamcast. The graphics and sound were by far the best on Dreamcast.

The crazy thing is even the NBA 2K games now are basically improved and updated versions of the original NBA 2K. I still remember getting Dreamcast for my birthday and playing 2K for the first time

I remember the Sega Smashpack that had the original sonic games and Streets of Rage 2 on it. One of these days i gotta cop another Dreamcast, I still have a few games and a controller

I got a Dreamcast for sale all cords, a controller, VMU and games for $45 shipped. :Jordan:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
yeah, millions of kids like you... in other words, you were just a kid. you're the one trying to say there was something about your experience that made you have a more mature perspective or whatever

and as usual, you go to the "I never hear this offline" crap. that's actually similar to what I'm talking about...

no im not. THATS THE WAY YOU TAKE IT.

and yes, its the truth. i never catch flack for this offline BECAUSE ITS USUALLY UNDERSTOOD AND I DONT EVEN HAVE TO MENTION IT. only on here. look in the mirror before you look at someone else as crazy homie. i actually look at people's opinions a lil funny if they weren't into rap to a certain degree by at least 4th grade. its like missing elements.

i never claimed to be some mature kid. you can say that im not even much of a mature adult. so what are you talking about?

its common knowledge that genesis had a more mature/more edgy gaming vibe than SNES by far. it catered to gamers such as myself, and they supplied the type of stuff that i was into. like i said, you couldn't even get a respectable boxing game on SNES in terms of realism. meanwhile, sega already dropped the goat boxing title in '92-93 and its still holding the throne.

stop making mountains out of molehills buddy. if you have a problem with me, then address it head-on.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Had a friend that swore Dreamcast was a great system but I was just 'whatever, dude :manny: I don't have time for Sega anymore'